MB-339A/PAN by Frecce Tricolori Virtuali (ONLY COMPATIBLE with DCS World 2.5.6)

On 2/20/2021 at 3:27 AM, PhilTheBeat said:

Thanks 😉

So what we read on the FACEBOOK page is for the upcoming payware version ? Correct?

Yes Correct.  I expect more updates  on FACEBOOK and this Forum in the coming months as the development team reaches certain milestones.

Cheers.

• Like 2
  • Do not own:  | F-15E | JF-17 | Fw 190 A-8 | Bf 109 |
  • Hardware:  [ - Ryzen7-5800X - 32GB - RX 6800 - X56 HOTAS Throttle -  WINWING Orion 2 F16EX Grip - TrackIR 5 - Tobii 5C - JetPad FSE - ]

On 2/21/2021 at 9:12 PM, YSIAD_RIP said:

Yes Correct.  I expect more updates  on FACEBOOK and this Forum in the coming months as the development team reaches certain milestones.

Cheers.

Thanks.

I7 4770K / 1080 TI / 16GB RAM / VR Q2 / 3X IIYAMA 27 / T.16000M FCS TWCS / TRACK IR PRO

A-10C II / F/A18 C / F-14 / F16-C / M-2000C / F-86F Sabre / C-101 / SPITFIRE LF / P-51D / FW 190 D-9 / FW 190 A-B / Bf 109 K-4

CHRISTEN EAGLE II / YAK-52 / UH-1H Huey / SA 342

CHANNEL MAP / NEVADA / NORMANDY /  PERSIAN / SYRIA / SUPERCARRIER /

TAKE OFF FRANCE.FR

I have really enjoyed flying the MB339. It was the first aircraft to fly in DCS and it was a great introduction. I regularly fly the MB339 in RCAF Snowbirds colours. Thanks for the Canadian colours. A great aircraft to start out.

2020.11.08-14.52_01 (2).png

2020.11.08-14.52 (2).png

Some more of the Canadian colours available for the MB339.

Screen_210222_212553.png

• Like 1

Canadian 🇨🇦🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🇬🇧. DCS World Open Beta 2.7. 

Aircraft: Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 K-4 Kurfurst. F/A-18C Hornet, F-5E3 Tiger II. Flaming Cliffs: F-15C, Mig29, Su27, Su33, Su25, A10A. Community aircraft: A4 Skyhawk, T45 Goshawk, A29a Tucano, MB339, J39 Gripen, Hercules C-130. Assets and Maps: US Super Carrier, WWII Assets Pack. Maps: Caucasus, Channel, Mariana Islands, Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria. Simulation computer system: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core Processor 3.60 GHz, Sapphire Radeon RX 5700XT, 64GB memory, 2x 1TB M.2 SSD, 1TB SSD, 32" Samsung monitor. 🍁 [updated Jan07 2022]

Screen_210222_214127.png

Screen_210222_212859.png

Screen_201117_211410.png

• Like 1

Canadian 🇨🇦🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🇬🇧. DCS World Open Beta 2.7. 

Aircraft: Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 K-4 Kurfurst. F/A-18C Hornet, F-5E3 Tiger II. Flaming Cliffs: F-15C, Mig29, Su27, Su33, Su25, A10A. Community aircraft: A4 Skyhawk, T45 Goshawk, A29a Tucano, MB339, J39 Gripen, Hercules C-130. Assets and Maps: US Super Carrier, WWII Assets Pack. Maps: Caucasus, Channel, Mariana Islands, Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria. Simulation computer system: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core Processor 3.60 GHz, Sapphire Radeon RX 5700XT, 64GB memory, 2x 1TB M.2 SSD, 1TB SSD, 32" Samsung monitor. 🍁 [updated Jan07 2022]

Questions:

1. Does the manual come with the download?

2. Where can I find more missions?

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

The MB-339 Manual is named MB-339A User Manual.pdf and it should be in: \Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Mods\Aircraft\MB-339PAN\Docs

• Missions: Do a Search in User Files Downloads: I only saw this COIN one as an example:  

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3307113/?sphrase_id=2169373

• I suppose you could take any other mission for the  L39 or C-101 and add the MB-339 to the mission.

Good Luck. 

• Like 1
  • Hardware:  [ - Ryzen7-5800X - 32GB - RX 6800 - X56 HOTAS Throttle -  WINWING Orion 2 F16EX Grip - TrackIR 5 - Tobii 5C - JetPad FSE - ]

Thanks.

One more question: I want to make some missions for my own amusement, but i cannot find the plane in the Mission Editor, not even in Italy or Argentina. I can modify using other MB339PAN missions, but is there is more straight forward way?

Thanks again.

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

3 hours ago, VRPiPJP said:

One more question: I want to make some missions for my own amusement, but i cannot find the plane in the Mission Editor, not even in Italy or Argentina.

most likely, you have enabled the historic filter of the Mission Editor (it’s a clock icon on the bottom bar). The historic filter only works with official Modules, not User Mods like the 339.

• Like 3

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

The sooner the Official MB-339 is available on the ED Store the better.   I do not want to fly the MB-339 in that Other sim.. I want it in DCS  lol. 

• Like 6

Hello everybody,
DCS 2.7 is finally out and as you may have seen, the update broke several avionics animations of the MB-339.

These days we have received several messages from the community asking for a solution and at the same time we have read several messages on Discord servers saying that ED probably broke the MB-339 mod as it will be sold as 3rd party aircraft.

We therefore thought that it is necessary to clarify:

The latest available version of the MB-339 is the 2.0.1 released on September 2019. From that moment, the aircraft has no longer received public updates as we started to work to get the 3rd party status (in particular thanks to the collaboration with IndiaFoxtEcho).
From September 2019 to last week and despite many updates of DCS World, the MB-339 continued to work fairly well giving us several nice hours on this simulator although the mod lacked the navigation systems and several features.

With the release of version 2.7, DCS World took a great leap forward which forced ED developers to make several changes within the DCS core with possible consequences for older mods like our MB-339.

Now you are wondering: "ok Duke, thanks for the short story, but why doesn't the 339 work anymore? Why don't you update it?"
The answers to these two questions are not covered by NDA so we can share them with you.

Since version 2.0, the MB-339 avionics has been coded partly in C ++ (as we started the entire refactoring of the mod) and half in lua (legacy of the first version with SFM and .lua systems). The animations coded in C ++ are called by a function that with 2.7 is no longer supported, therefore they appear "frozen" when you in flight.

This information is freely accessible to you all in the public API contained within the DCS.Openbeta root folder (...\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\API\include\FM, open the wHumanCustomPhysicsAPI.h file):

/*
	update draw arguments for your aircraft 

prototype for ed_fm_set_draw_args
	also same prototype is used for ed_fm_set_fc3_cockpit_draw_args  : direct control over cockpit arguments , it can be use full for FC3 cockpits reintegration with new flight model 

NOTE 2.5.7 and beyond:
	- ed_fm_set_fc3_cockpit_draw_args - not supported anymore , see ed_fm_set_fc3_cockpit_draw_args_v2 ,
	- ed_fm_set_draw_args - supported , but ed_fm_set_draw_args_v2 is preferred 
*/
typedef void (*PFN_SET_DRAW_ARGS)  (EdDrawArgument * array,size_t size);

So why not fix this by updating the 339?
The answer is simple: the repository in which the C ++ code of version 2.0.1 was contained has been lost therefore it is not possible to recover it and the code of the MB-339 module is too advanced to be adapted to the mod.
We are so sorry for this, the MB-339 mod has given us so much and from the beginning we were aware that like every beautiful thing, even the MB-339 mod would come to an end.
We really thank you for all these years of support, the trust you have placed in our small development team, and we hope not to disappoint your expectations with our future DCS projects.

Sincerly,

MB-339 Dev Team.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

Okay, make the official DLC out asap and I myself will by it within a heartbeat when it comes out.

• Like 1

Is the free "Macchino" still working in 2.7?

Edit: NO 😭

Ok, waiting for the official module then.

Edited by LordOrion

Black+Knights_Small.jpg

RDF 3rd Fighter Squadron - "Black Knights": "Ar Cavajere Nero nun je devi cacà er cazzo!"

My Blog (Italian): Notti a (Video)Giocare

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CPU: i7-11700K@5GHz|GPU: RTX-4070 Super|RAM: 64GB DDR4@3200MHz|SSD: 2x 970EVO Plus + 980 EVO Plus|HOTAS Warthog|TrackIR 5|

The MB339 is a buy for me when it comes out.  I don't want it in that other sim...I want it in DCS, too. 

• Like 5

Derek "BoxxMann" Speare

derekspearedesigns.com 25,000+ Gaming Enthusiasts Trust DSD Components to Perform!

i7-11700k 4.9g | RTX3080ti (finally!)| 64gb Ram | 2TB NVME PCIE4| Reverb G1 | CH Pro Throt/Fighterstick Pro | 4 DSD Boxes

Falcon XT/AT/3.0/4.0 | LB2 | DCS | LOMAC

Been Flight Simming Since 1988!

Useful VR settings and tips for DCS HERE

Just re-install the mod works? Let me see....less sleep night again.

Update: no, it does not work with V27 -- throttle has not respond, no fuel flow, engine shows the RPM but the speed meter is dead... is it me or what?

Edited by VFGiPJP