Vic205's Sticky Tutorials??

SonofEil

Yeah I hope not either, those write ups were invaluable. Glad I kept a copy of them.
Would you mind sharing the copies for those of us who weren't so forward thinking? Even if changing the FM made them less relevant, they're still great reads and provide a decent base line to start from.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

537 Mongo
CO vVF-161 Fightin' Stingrays
Check us out on the web!

He took them down after the FM changed and they were less relevant. I believe the intent was to update them when things are more stable.

Hm, they’re straight up disappeared, no [Deleted Thread] or anything. And Vic hasn’t posted since May, I fear we ran him off.

Glad I kept a copy of them.

Would you mind sharing the copies for those of us who weren't so forward thinking?

I was going to ask the same thing.

i7 7700K @5.0, 1080Ti, 32GB DDR4, HMD Odyssey, TM WH, Crosswind Rudder...

I hope all is well with him, and he reposts updates. Vic205 is an awesome resource. Nothing like having a real Turkey driver onboard.

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

This seems somewhat disrespectful towards the author.

why? in no part within each document is a note prohibiting sharing them ... disrepectful would be to modify the texts in any way, but just making them available to others? really?

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

IMO without his explicit consent you shouldn't be distributing them, not the other way around (i.e. putting them up until he objects to that) He probably took them down for a reason. Thats a real pity and I can understand that people want to have these, but still it's his guides and he decides whether to put them up or not. The fact that he removed them indicates he doesn't want them around anymore and we should respect that.

i5-8600k @4.9Ghz, 2080ti , 32GB@2666Mhz, 512GB SSD

why? in no part within each document is a note prohibiting sharing them ... disrepectful would be to modify the texts in any way, but just making them available to others? really?

Precisely as sLYFa said.

He's taken them down for a reason. As mentioned already in this thread and *numerous* times in the stickied threads, he doesn't want them to be distributed. As such, yes, I think that this fits the definition of disrespect. If anything, this sort of behaviour runs the risk of updated documents never being released.

OK ... it's down.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Then mods just could unsticky that threads? Its a waste of space now.

Imo im glad he is gone. He was a really mean, narcissistic and disrespectfull person. Everyone has to cheer him that hecwas a real tomcat driver and only his way is the best way. And when you question him or want to discuss stuff like "shutdown hud for landing" he get angry and offensive very fast. Im glad he is gone.

This thread exists precisely because those threads are not here anymore .. did you bother to check before posting?

Imo im glad he is gone. He was a really mean, narcissistic and disrespectfull person. Everyone has to cheer him that hecwas a real tomcat driver and only his way is the best way. And when you question him or want to discuss stuff like "shutdown hud for landing" he get angry and offensive very fast. Im glad he is gone.

man ... you are so wrong on this ... dont take it badly, but a real F-14 pilot view or opinion is worth 100-times the opinion of guys like us that have never seated on a pilot's seat .. you should approach his threads with a student's humility, on these matters he is the teacher, not us.

This thread exists precisely because those threads are not here anymore .. did you bother to check before posting?

man ... you are so wrong on this ... dont take it badly, but a real F-14 pilot view or opinion is worth 100-times the opinion of guys like us that have never seated on a pilot's seat .. you should approach his threads with a student's humility, on these matters he is the teacher, not us.

Oh really dont see that. I mostly scroll down to the active topics. Sorry for that. :)

And its ok if you think im wrong. Everyone has its own opinion.

For me he has nothing from a teacher. I dont attack his knowledge and credibility. But imo he is not able to teach or understand other point of views. Its fulky ok to me that he has his own exoerience after hundrets of hours flying the real thing. But cause its the best for him dont mean its also the best for armchairpilots like us. But when you question that, the answer is similar to "dont be sorry, be good and stop wasting my time you moron". If you like that ok. Everyone has his opinion.

I’m still here.

Viewpoints are my own.

I’m still here.

Glad to see you here ... I hope I didnt bother you with my attempt at sharing your Tutorials, I tought that you had taken a break from the Forum and it seemed a pity that those documents were not available anymore :(

For me he has nothing from a teacher. I dont attack his knowledge and credibility. But imo he is not able to teach or understand other point of views. Its fulky ok to me that he has his own exoerience after hundrets of hours flying the real thing. But cause its the best for him dont mean its also the best for armchairpilots like us. But when you question that, the answer is similar to "dont be sorry, be good and stop wasting my time you moron". If you like that ok. Everyone has his opinion.

Try not to take it personally. Most folks on here want 'realism' etc. etc. - well here it is. Military instruction is not like down at your local kindy where all the teachers are warm and fuzzy and care about your feelings...do the job right, do it properly..and if you don't we are going to tell you. Then because you are an adult you will nod, take this onboard, and then go away and do it right.

After every RL flight we would sit down as a crew and have a debrief from the senior crew/IPs - and they were brutal. All the things we did wrong pointed out to us, and don't even think about having some lame 'reason' why you did this or decided that - they don't care. Just nod, take down notes, and do it properly next time.

The post-sim currency check rides de-briefs were even worse!

Also forget about getting any praise for doing things right/well - that is your job and why you are there, to do stuff right - so don't expect a pat on the back and a lollypop.

Obviously everyone isn't cut out for that 'style' of instruction, but hey at least here you don't need to listen to it - just don't read his posts/threads etc. I am sure he won't care.

In the real world you don't have the option - and pretty much you can ask 10 pilots how to do a certain thing, and major standardisation aside, they will all have a different answer. So nod and smile....and if that pilot is your particular checking IP, do it that way. :thumbup:

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

*snip* ...

In the real world you don't have the option - and pretty much you can ask 10 pilots how to do a certain thing, and major standardisation aside, they will all have a different answer. So nod and smile....and if that pilot is your particular checking IP, do it that way. :thumbup:

Genuinely had a good laugh, because it's true :joystick:

I loved Vic205's guides they were fantastic and insightful. I'm guessing that with ED stamping down on the dissemination of sensitive information that guides such as this could be construed as being too borderline. Now Vic's guides didn't seem to be inn breech of this but I guess that with recent trouble for ED in this department it's better to be 100% sure rather than be caught out on a technicality. Of course it could be, and probably is, for a myriad of other reasons he chose to take them down himself. He authored them and if he didn't like the way the information was being used has every right to remove them.

Pity the guides are down because for me the handling doc was the single best piece of info for the cat. Victory's quick to judge and cut the BS but I did not see anything offensive so man up and take none.

I even caught myself reviewing every post by him because they come with good info and valuable opinion even when it's quick short answer.

Thank you Victory, glad to have you here.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria