Barthek's CAUCASUS REDONE 2022

55 minutes ago, Valium said:

Barthek, I don't like it. 
You gave me a choice. 

Now I don't know which winter to choose 😆

😂

• Like 1

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

4 hours ago, SMN said:

It is possible steb-by-step how to install  and use ReShade in your mod?

This should help you, just instead of these settings, use Bartheks (or make your own.. i prefer very mild adjustments to improve the obvious faults of the game)

• Thanks 1

PC: i7 8700k 32GB DDR4 3200 Mhz  RTX 3070 Ti Hotas Warthog Thrustmaster TPR Track ir 5 Bodnar BBI-32 Beyerdynamic DT-770 Pro Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 Lewitt LCT 240 Pro
Jets: A-10A A-10C Warthog A-10C II F-14 Tomcat F-16C Viper F-5E Tiger II F/A-18C Hornet F-15C Su-33 MiG-29 F-86F Sabre 
Choppers: AH-64D Mi-8MTV2 UH-1H Huey Black shark 2 Maps: Nevada Normandy Persian gulf Syria The Channel 
WW2: BF-109 K4 Fw 190 D-9 Dora Mosquito FB VI P-51D Mustang Spitfire LF Mk. IX  Other: Supercarrier WWII Assets Pack NS 430 Navigation System Combined Arms 

1 hour ago, Valium said:

Barthek, I don't like it. 
You gave me a choice. 

Now I don't know which winter to choose 😆

The snowless winter is awesome.

• Like 1

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

@Barthek I'm with you on Reshade. I'm not using sweetfx but a similar preset (basically a bit of sharpness and contrast) with pretty much the same results.

I would suggest to dial down the saturation a tiny bit to get the pictures even more "realistic".

But so or so, they look gorgeous!

• Like 1

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

7 minutes ago, Mitch said:

How can i use the Snowless Winter Textures  as Autum ?

Check first post.

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

3 hours ago, dlder said:

Maybe a stupid question but: can/should this awesome texture pack be combined with CGTC (Caucasus Ground Textures Compilation) and/or Terrain Matching Caucasus Hanger Textures?

I ask, because CGTC has some more edits then this, and TMCH has others as well...

So, does anyone know how well they work together?

Thanks!

I use it with Terrain Matching Caucasus Hangar Textures with no issues. I use OVgme.

• Thanks 1

You can't overlap two full blown texture packs without issue. All the similiar files will be overwritten by what was last installed- and there are adjustments made to other things as well. You might achieve something if you start to pick and match file for file (I actually did it some before), but the chance is that it will mess with the overall palette. You are sure to be better off using one texture pack.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, dlder said:

Maybe a stupid question but: can/should this awesome texture pack be combined with CGTC (Caucasus Ground Textures Compilation) and/or Terrain Matching Caucasus Hanger Textures?

I ask, because CGTC has some more edits then this, and TMCH has others as well...

So, does anyone know how well they work together?

Thanks!

Yes you can with the hangar textures. 😊

They naturally wont exactly match Bartheks textures but having tried them and I think they look ok.

Make sure you install them after you have installed Barthek's mod or they will get over written. 👍

Barthek's mod on top of CGTC mod or the other way round will mostly overwrite eachther and look wrong with miss matching textures unfortunatly.

Edited by swartbyron
  • Like 1

On 11/9/2022 at 10:16 PM, Mitch said:

How can i use the Snowless Winter Textures  as Autum ?

First uninstall the main mod, then go to the SNOWLESS MOD you downloaded and navigate to Mods/terrain/caucasus/vfstextures and rename everything that ends with winter to autumn (like "NoiseAutumn" for example), do this for all 9 folders in the vfstextures and then simply add and overwrite (if needed) all 9 "____Autumn" folders to the main mod - Mods/terrain/caucasus/vfstextures. Reinstall the main mod and that should be it.

The Standalone SNOWLESS winter mod contains some more tweaks as I understand but for me it works regardless. Now I have both winter versions at the same time.

Edited by ouky1991
  • Like 4

23 minutes ago, ouky1991 said:

When both versions look perfect this is the only way 😄

BTW, do I miss on something important excluding the ShadingOptions folder and terrain.cfg.lua form the SNOWLESS version?

Yes, changes I've made to terrain.cfg in the SNOWLESS version affect the far distance textures for winter. Those are normally adapted for the snowy winter (vanila) and needed to be tweaked to represent snowless conditions (they were basically changed to autumn ones).

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Marez said:

Sweetfx shaders works in VR?

I don't know for Sweetfx in particular, but there are reshade presets especially for VR, which do basically the same - sharpen and contrast. You should find them with a search here in the forum.

Edited by Hiob
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

18 hours ago, REDEYE_CVW-66 said:

You can't overlap two full blown texture packs without issue. All the similiar files will be overwritten by what was last installed- and there are adjustments made to other things as well. You might achieve something if you start to pick and match file for file (I actually did it some before), but the chance is that it will mess with the overall palette. You are sure to be better off using one texture pack.

Well, it's not that hard to use the prefered files from each texture pack, but "overall palette", that really is what I'm concerned about. Thanks for your opinion.

7 hours ago, ouky1991 said:

First uninstall the main mod, then go to the SNOWLESS MOD you downloaded and navigate to Mods/terrain/caucasus/vfstextures and rename everything that ends with winter to autumn (like "NoiseAutumn" for example), do this for all 9 folders in the vfstextures and then simply add and overwrite (if needed) all 9 "____Autumn" folders to the main mod - Mods/terrain/caucasus/vfstextures. Reinstall the main mod and that should be it.

The Standalone SNOWLESS winter mod contains some more tweaks as I understand but for me it works regardless. Now I have both winter versions at the same time.

This is the way!

• Like 1