Barthek's CAUCASUS REDONE 2022

On 10/6/2022 at 10:39 AM, Barthek said:

I am still adding some modifications here and there. Once I consider the mod fully finished, I'll try to create the LOW set of textures for those struggling with performance. It is a time-consuming task, therefore I want to be sure I'm dealing with the final version of the mod.

That would be amazing, thanks in advance!

• Like 3

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!

On 10/8/2022 at 8:41 AM, gunhead9 said:

Amazing. Espeazialy the SNOWLESS WINTER edition…

…Do you think it's possible to place a closed snowpack in the Highlands or just in the highest mountains (all above 6-7k feet)?

but I can understand that it would require major interventions in the code (only from ED...)

It would be great, if he could, since there are numerous glaciers in those mountains. So those, at least, would be there through all seasons.

• Like 2

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

On 10/5/2022 at 12:30 AM, Hiob said:

I was reluctant towards mod managers in the past too, but I would very strongly recommend them (OvGME in my case) now. Easy to use, save, and for mods like this almost mandatory.
Actually OvGME does nothing other than copying files to the right location (this is probably where you messed up), but it keeps track and saves backups of the files it replaces and swaps them back if necessary. Also like Morpheus said, it's much easier to reapply after an update.

I finally broke down and downloaded OvGME and now I don't know how I lived without it, or this mod!  Thank you Barthek, looks great!

• Like 4

On 10/6/2022 at 11:07 AM, Hiob said:

Just out of curiosity - why have you deviated from the default value (which is 2.2 if I'm not mistaken)? Doesn't that call for trouble, since the gamma also affects the cockpit?
Don't get me wrong - I don't experience problems with your mod and I love it, I'm just curious.

@Barthek In the recent announcement ED specifically mentioned that they reworked the lighting and shadows and calibrated it to work best with a gamma of 2.2. Since they felt the need to emphasize this, it‘s probably rather impactful. I assume that may affect your work?

• Like 1

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

23 hours ago, MAXsenna said:

I don't think you can, unless the MP server accepts mods = no integrity check. emoji2373.png

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

On 11/16/2019 at 7:51 AM, Barthek said:

People have raised their concerns whether or not the MOD passes IC in multiplayer. Well, I've just tested it on the BUDDYSPIKE BLUE FLAG server and it allowed me to hop in. You just need to go directly to multiplayer and choose the server after launching DCS (an anoying solution but hey - it works!) I hope you'll enjoy the colours, tones and blending of this release and have a lot of fun flying over Caucasus!

• Like 2

Tbh, Caucasus can look really awesome sometimes with those tweaks. Don't get too close to "cities" put the right amount of clouds and time of day and it looks really marvelous!

(and a tiny bit of sharpening and contrast via reshade helps DCS in general to get rid of the annoying haze)

Edited by Hiob
  • Like 2

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

On 10/22/2022 at 4:56 PM, MichaelJMAD said:

I have done further testing and can get it to pass IC if i use OVGME

However when the game loads onto a server when the roll selection should load it just goes black

If you check your DCS.log file after said black screen, you'll see that once the textures load in that it is in fact getting flagged by IC which is why it doesn't load. 

Barthek himself confirmed it no longer passes IC unfortunately. It's a fantastic addition though, and OVGME at least makes it easy to use it when flying single-player. 

• Like 3

It seems in new beta 2.8  model of hangars changed, so now it looks like texture missing . Will it be hangar textures bug fix for your mod version of 2021 ? (i use caucasus redone 2021 cause i think its  more balanced in textures colors than 2022 ). Thanks !

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Куплю модули : СУ-7 , СУ-9 , СУ-11,Миг-23,Миг-27 ,Ту-22М3,Ту-95,Ми-24,AH-64,F-16 ,F-4 Phantom,модуль-карту современной западной Европы

I-7 4790k (4.4GHz), GTX980 4GB , Z97, 16Gb DDR3

I like the new hangar interior textures, ED improved it finally, look awesome. I just don´t like them 100% because of the text on the back wall (rather have them without text) and missing night lights although the light object is present and probably will have light in a future update like they did now to the test bench with PG.

Hope you can update your file because i only started to fly again in Caucasus because of you 🙂

Best regards,

F.

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

I think there may be a problem because the terrain.cfg.lua file is now crypted (terrain.cfg.lua.pak.crypt) 🙄

• Like 1

Окурок, выброшенный в урну, гораздо патриотичнее флажочка на автомобиле

TM Wartrhog Stick + VPC MongoosT-50Base + VPC TMW Extension 150mm / TM Wartrhog Throttle / CH Pro Pedals / 2-VPC Deck Mount / TrackIR5/

i5-10600K Over to 5.0MHz/32GbDD4-3200/RTX4070/System-SSD1 DCS-SSD2/32" 2560x1440

20 minutes ago, SMN said:

I think there may be a problem because the terrain.cfg.lua file is now crypted (terrain.cfg.lua.pak.crypt) 🙄

Ah Joy!

• Like 1

12900KF | Maximus Hero Z690 | ASUS 4090 TUF OC | 64GB DDR5 5200 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Varjo Aero

I recently found out about the mod, and downloaded it today. D'oh 🙂 Good luck re-modding it 🙂 Will wait patiently till it's fixed.

powodzenia! 🙂

• Like 4

Reshade is the bees knees with DCS. With only minor adjustments it goes from "ok" looking to absolutely stunning. 🙂

• Like 2

PC: i7 8700k 32GB DDR4 3200 Mhz  RTX 3070 Ti Hotas Warthog Thrustmaster TPR Track ir 5 Bodnar BBI-32 Beyerdynamic DT-770 Pro Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 Lewitt LCT 240 Pro
Jets: A-10A A-10C Warthog A-10C II F-14 Tomcat F-16C Viper F-5E Tiger II F/A-18C Hornet F-15C Su-33 MiG-29 F-86F Sabre 
Choppers: AH-64D Mi-8MTV2 UH-1H Huey Black shark 2 Maps: Nevada Normandy Persian gulf Syria The Channel 
WW2: BF-109 K4 Fw 190 D-9 Dora Mosquito FB VI P-51D Mustang Spitfire LF Mk. IX  Other: Supercarrier WWII Assets Pack NS 430 Navigation System Combined Arms