Barthek's CAUCASUS REDONE 2022

On 2/16/2024 at 11:01 AM, Nedum said:

I see the screenshots and have to ask: how do you get all the trees in the far distance? I have maxed out all of my sliders inside DCS and my trees are going away at nearly 5 miles.

Furthermore, I did many slow repairs and rebuild all the shaders several times, after that I thought it is like it is. Now I see your screenshots and DCS looks so much better in the far distance (more detailed). What's your trick?

I've made changes to some of the LUA files responsible for rendering. I bet they also affected the trees rendering distance.

I've recently spent some time playing with the mountainous regions. Here are the results:

Screen_240221_131557.jpg

Screen_240221_131343.jpg

Screen_240221_131038.jpg

Screen_240221_130816.jpg

Screen_240221_142947.jpg

Edited by Barthek
  • Like 23
  • Thanks 5

Только что, MAXsenna сказал:

It's the same textures for both flat screen and stereoscopic. So yes.

Sent from my SM-A536B using Tapatalk

Thank you! maybe you can help me how do i install this mod without using Mod manager? Is this possible? I just have tons of mods already installed and i dont want to change the system and reinstall all of them (

• Like 1

Thank you! maybe you can help me how do i install this mod without using Mod manager? Is this possible? I just have tons of mods already installed and i dont want to change the system and reinstall all of them (

Don't! Just don't! This goes into the core and will be removed with every update. Just like any mod that changes the core.
Starting using a mod manager now, will not change that fact, and will not interfere with your other mods in any way, except if they use the same files. For mods that goes into the core, it's even better because you can easily see which mods that then will conflict.
I personally use Open Mod Manager. OvGME's successor, and developed by the same person.
Cheers!

@MAXsenna is right.

Not using a Mod-Manager is a bad idea. It's so easy with OVGME for example.

But regardless. You can of course simply copy and replace the files in the core game folder.

• Like 1

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

@Barthek with all the Vietnam goodies coming, wouldn't you please check the golf courses textures in the Marianas map and convert them into rice paddies or grass fields? they break all immersion on campaigns and Viet missions. Pretty please!

Edited by Stratos
  • Like 4

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!

Barthek, any chance on posting a new link to your reshade profile? Last link is dead. Thanks!

Asus ROG Maximus X Apex//Core I7 8700K @ 5.3Ghz //32GB DDR4 RAM//Asus 3090 RTX//4K monitor w/ TrackIR 5

I did the install without MOD manager, just copied  mods/terrain  and bazar folder. All looks fine and works! Then i tried to install the snowless winter, copied new mods/terrain folder but nothing changed .  The winter map ddint change the appearance. Any ideas guys?

On 2/21/2024 at 1:29 PM, Barthek said:

I've made changes to some of the LUA files responsible for rendering. I bet they also affected the trees rendering distance.

I've recently spent some time playing with the mountainous regions. Here are the results:

Screen_240221_131557.jpg

Screen_240221_131343.jpg

Screen_240221_131038.jpg

Screen_240221_130816.jpg

Screen_240221_142947.jpg

Don't exaggerate with this range too mutch, because it can significantly reduce performance, especially in VR, the current values, given the current mod, are absolutely ok and provide good performance and visibility on 2D and for VR users. Thx.

• Like 1

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

22 hours ago, YoYo said:

Don't exaggerate with this range too mutch, because it can significantly reduce performance, especially in VR, the current values, given the current mod, are absolutely ok and provide good performance and visibility on 2D and for VR users. Thx.

I don't believe the current mod changes the view distance. The render distance of trees, building, etc. is controlled in the graphics.lua file which isn't included in this mod.

DCS looks MUCH better with a higher render distance. ED really needs to increase the render distance options so we don't have to go into the config files. With 2.9.3 I have the view distance configured higher then I ever have and performance is amazing.

Of course if you play in VR ignore all that and keep your view distance low. 

Screen_240226_113416.jpg

• Like 5

PC Hardware: Asus Maximus XIII Hero / i9-10900K / 64 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE / Samsung 960 NVMe / LG OLED48CX / Reverb G2

Flight Controls: Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / VKB T-RUDDER MKIV / Cougar MFD Set

DCS Modules: F-14 Tomcat / F/A-18C Hornet / AV-8B NA / F-5E Tiger II / A-10C Warthog / F-16C Viper / UH-1 Huey / LOFC3 / Spitfire LF Mk. IX / P-51D Mustang / WWII Assets Pack / Normandy 1944 / NTTR Map / Persian Gulf Map / Syria Map

36 minutes ago, bandit648 said:

I don't believe the current mod changes the view distance.

This is I don't know too, but currently what it offers along with the DCS settings is 100% sufficient for me. The rest could be separate mod for distance view (they are like that) but If it's different on one map than on another, it makes no sense at all. A mod for everything (as a separate mod) is ok, a modification for just one map (concluded together) makes no sense. Then, for example, with this single map, you would have to correct everything with the slider in the DCS settings, there is no point.

Edited by YoYo

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

I updated Mustang's old mod that adds increased view distance options. See the last post in this thread:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

PC Hardware: Asus Maximus XIII Hero / i9-10900K / 64 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE / Samsung 960 NVMe / LG OLED48CX / Reverb G2

Flight Controls: Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / VKB T-RUDDER MKIV / Cougar MFD Set

DCS Modules: F-14 Tomcat / F/A-18C Hornet / AV-8B NA / F-5E Tiger II / A-10C Warthog / F-16C Viper / UH-1 Huey / LOFC3 / Spitfire LF Mk. IX / P-51D Mustang / WWII Assets Pack / Normandy 1944 / NTTR Map / Persian Gulf Map / Syria Map

• 4 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, MAXsenna said:

No, hence why it's called 2022. emoji6.png
Cheers!

Thanks I ll give it a try .. I wish they would change to better textures like this mod.. 

• Like 1

I’ve been trying to download the latest version of the mod using the link on the 1st page but without success. It keeps stalling failing before the download is complete. Neither browser will complete it and google drive doesn’t seem to have a useable link for my download manager. Any ideas?

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.