Eagerly awaited aircraft for DCS World

phant

Could it be possible that ED is making a E-2 Hawkeye? 

Navy's all-weather, carrier-based tactical battle management airborne early warning, command and control aircraft.

https://www.fighterpilotpodcast.com/episodes/099-e-2-hawkeye/

2 pilots, 3 extra players at rear.

It would fit with the possible upcoming IADS from third party for ground units, when ED would focus to US Navy.

Hard aircraft to fly (and especially land for carrier!), it would be a REALLY wanted aircraft as people have been wanting a AWACS (that E-2 isn't) for multiplayer etc.

It would be really brainmelting to be able fly it and have 3 players at rear doing surveillance, tactics and all with new possibilities. 

Edited by Fri13

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

18 hours ago, Eldur said:

Oh and well, the more I've read this thread, the more I tend to believI mean, there's literally everything else ruled out, well, almost fsgrin.png

But in the end, I'll just wait another two weekssoon™ and see princess_celestia.png

Yeah, ED has so much ruled out it kinda hard to imagine what they are planning to announce...

Or maybe they just deny everything for now not to overexcite us. Because we are easily excited bunch, which easily switches from excitement to pitchforks when something goes slightly wrong...

НЕТ ВОЙНЕ!

Gib full-fi Su-27 or MiG-29 plz!

AMD R7 3700X|32GB DDR4 RAM|Gigabyte RTX2070S Gaming OC|2TB NVMe SDD + 1TB SSD + 2TBB + 1TB HDD|Dell P3421W|Windows 10 Pro x64

TM Warthog|MFG Crosswind|Samsung Odyssey+|TrackIR 5

Modules: Mirage F1|Mi-24P|JF-17|F/A-18C|F-14A/B|F-5E|M-2000C|MiG-21bis|L-39|Yak-52|FC3|Supercarrier || Terrains: Persian Gulf|NTTR|Normandy|Syria

Remind me again why everyone is discounting the Apache? Because it is supposedly already announced? Please show me a link to the newsletter where the Apache is officially announced as a module. A "not if, when" in some interview is not a module announcement,  it is/was simply the stance of ED on a number of aircraft since the beginning of DCS.

• Thanks 1

Apache is a legend. I'd buy it in a heartbeat and I couldn't care less about helicopters.

As Mbot said, it's been hinted, but never announced. 

I like the F-111, but it's not a best seller like the Viper is or the Apache or Mudhen would be IMHO.

17 hours ago, MBot said:

Remind me again why everyone is discounting the Apache? Because it is supposedly already announced? Please show me a link to the newsletter where the Apache is officially announced as a module. A "not if, when" in some interview is not a module announcement,  it is/was simply the stance of ED on a number of aircraft since the beginning of DCS.

Following this logic the mystery aircraft may not exist at all, because there was no official announcement LOL.

They didn't really start teasing the Apache until AFTER they'd said it hadn't been teased yet.  The last we heard that from ED was back in the Spring, and they didn't really start teasing Apache until Wags' Syria video and the various interviews that came out in summer/fall...

I know you want it to be the F-111, but I want it to be the Apache - so I guess one of us will be disappointed!

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2

On 12/4/2020 at 9:09 PM, Baco said:

I agree people are reading too much into a fluke that some one said...

We are in December now, I don´t believe they are going to announce anything at all, 2021 is mosquito and mi 24 and marianas... maybe 2022 apache an or F-4 (if we are really, really lucky), THATS it. No more "brain melting" announcements here...

I would love to be proven wrong of course, but I don't keep my hopes up...

On 12/5/2020 at 12:24 AM, phant said:

Have faith! There are still quite few days left in 2020, I just hope, that they still can, given the way how this year turned out!

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

11 minutes ago, Gierasimov said:

Have faith! There are still quite few days left in 2020, I just hope, that they still can, given the way how this year turned out!

Didn't occur to me before....

The word "later this year" has turn to be "in the end of this year".

As "later this ________" means to me 1/4-1/2 of the time scale that is the context. So if someone say at February "Later this year", then I would have expected to see something on May-June at the most part, but going for a December is like slapping a promise on contractor "I will pay it as soon as I receive the bill" by paying on the final date on the bill. 

On 12/7/2020 at 10:00 AM, TotenDead said:

No

Why "not possible" instead "possible, but not probable"?

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

1 hour ago, zone 5 said:

DCS and I know you read these, a hint of the eagerly awaited module or better still an announcement would make a nice xmas pressie....

Given the machinations of this thread they probably don't dare say a word until it hits EA - possibly even forget this whole thing and just release something to EA quietly other than normal marketing comms.

No way they can live up to all the multiple layers of bull sh!t in this thread no matter what they release.

1 hour ago, Fri13 said:

As "later this ________" means to me 1/4-1/2 of the time scale that is the context. So if someone say at February "Later this year", then I would have expected to see something on May-June at the most part, but going for a December is like slapping a promise on contractor "I will pay it as soon as I receive the bill" by paying on the final date on the bill. 

Nothing wrong in "later this year" to be last day of a year, or even last minute, as long as it is delivered. 

I know it will be Fulcrum anyway:)

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

2 hours ago, Fri13 said:

Don't forget, this is ED and DCS we are talking about. "Later this years" means "two weeks" which in reality means "sometime between two weeks and infinity, possibly next year, but more likely a year after."

• Like 3

НЕТ ВОЙНЕ!

Gib full-fi Su-27 or MiG-29 plz!

AMD R7 3700X|32GB DDR4 RAM|Gigabyte RTX2070S Gaming OC|2TB NVMe SDD + 1TB SSD + 2TBB + 1TB HDD|Dell P3421W|Windows 10 Pro x64

TM Warthog|MFG Crosswind|Samsung Odyssey+|TrackIR 5

Modules: Mirage F1|Mi-24P|JF-17|F/A-18C|F-14A/B|F-5E|M-2000C|MiG-21bis|L-39|Yak-52|FC3|Supercarrier || Terrains: Persian Gulf|NTTR|Normandy|Syria

So, in another forum, in unrelated thread, a very well known person posted this answer:

image.png

Now. From this:

to that above, there is a huge difference, not only the change of timing (based on the previous video posted in February) but also from the

"Later this year, we are looking forward to announcing an eagerly awaited aircraft for DCS World." to this "...there is a high chance of a showing..."

Anyway, I know what to expect now, so thanks for the tip!

• Like 2

On 12/8/2020 at 6:33 PM, reece146 said:

Given the machinations of this thread they probably don't dare say a word until it hits EA - possibly even forget this whole thing and just release something to EA quietly other than normal marketing comms.

No way they can live up to all the multiple layers of bull sh!t in this thread no matter what they release.

It's a wishlist thread, not the declaration of independence. No one has any illusions about what is said in this thread, least of all Eagle Dynamics. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Specs: Win10, i5-13600KF, 32GB DDR4 RAM 3200XMP, 1 TB M2 NVMe SSD, KFA2 RTX3090, VR G2 Headset, Warthog Throttle+Saitek Pedals+MSFFB2  Joystick. 

2 hours ago, shahin_sky said:

Hi   anybody knows  about F-4 Phantom ??

Indefinite hold AFAIK.

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

I thought this thread went dormant on the Fulcrum news???

F-111 would be a brain melting choice... not sure all the talk re controls would be relevant? Presumably the starboard seat doesn’t have flight controls???

and...

... Tornado - has the tonka been dismissed as a “NO”?

1 hour ago, rkk01 said:

F-111 would be a brain melting choice... not sure all the talk re controls would be relevant? Presumably the starboard seat doesn’t have flight controls???

Yeah it does. You can practically fly it solely from the WSO seat from what I can tell - they both at least have their own throttle and stick.

1 hour ago, rkk01 said:

Tornado - has the tonka been dismissed as a “NO”?

According to this it isn't, but I'm trying to dig up the original source.

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

On 12/10/2020 at 7:20 AM, Habu_69 said:

Merry Christmas! Yes, just what DCS needs. Another half-completed module.

Merry Christmas to you, too! 🙂 And yes, I'll take a completed dynamic campaign and weather system (or only one of either) over a new beta-module aircraft. We have plenty of amazing aircraft in DCS. I really have very little interest in this new aircraft announcement at the moment. It is now time to finish what they have and shore up the game aspects. I think that's what they're focusing on... which is why we're not hearing much about this "anticipated new aircraft."  They are doing a good job, slowing hammering away at the Hornet and Viper. Stick with it, ED!

Edited by wilbur81

i7 8700K @ Stock - Win10 64 - 32 RAM - RTX 3080 12gb OC - 55 inch 4k Display