DCS World Patch Notes Discussion Thread

BIGNEWY

I was about to say I'm not so sure a longer patch cycle will lead to better results. It would mean ED getting feedback on bugs once a month instead of every week. It would mean ED taking less advantage of the free resource of community error reporting (such as it is:unsure:).

I understand there is a lot of well defined cockpit color palette errors (like the Spitfire cockpit, the Su-33 and more), the carrier deck. A continuation of this:

Neither critical but annoying, was half counting on a fix this week. Seems like low hanging fruit (obvious and effortlessly repeatable).

Yes, I'm hoping for cockpit lighting issues to be hotfixed as well today.

As an aside, the F-5E is on ED's list (above) of pits that were fixed, but it is most certainly not. You can't see any of the radar lights, so it is impossible to know what is going on there.

The missing lighting on the Spit guages is annoying as well, but, as you say, not critical. All part of the same issue, I guess.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

So viper maverick will come one month later?

And maybe more than just Mavericks if we all take a step back and give ED some room to breath...

Frankly, I’ll take broader (and I hope more “fully cooked”) updates less frequently over weekly slapdashery that often hurts more than it helps. Spacing out the updates will also allow the Devs to weed out the numerous Operator Errors and other manifestations of pure ignorance that always clog the pipeline after every update. It will also, I think, allow Wags to create feature previews which are more in depth because he won’t be racing to produce a video with only hours to spare before an update is released.

On ED’s part though, I expect them to respond to “game breaking” bugs in a timely manner and not let issues fester that could, in fact, be patched with a hot fix.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.476vfightergroup.com/content.php

High Quality Aviation Photography For Personal Enjoyment And Editorial Use.

www.crosswindimages.com

The missing lighting on the Spit guages

Warning and indicator lights, gauges are fine.

... error reporting (such as it isunsure.gif).

Edited by -0303-

Intel Core i7 3630QM @ 2.40GHz (Max Turbo Frequency 3.40 GHz) | 16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz | 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 635M | 447GB KINGSTON SA400S37480G (SATA-2 (SSD))

Warning and indicator lights, gauges are (mostly) fine.

We've gone through this already in another thread.

There are items that don't work, e.g. the LG lighting.

All down to the same issue in several pits that ED is aware of.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Good morning all.

The team are planning a hot fix today with some crash fixes.

Hot fix 17th June

Next Planned update 15th July

Thank you

Is this going to be the new mode of operation?

An update once a month and a weekly hotfix?

Because if that is the plan, I'm all for it. It would be a great!

I second that!

I think it would be a successful way of updating the game and squashing bugs.

The hot fixes will focus only on fixing bugs for the existing features while new content will be added only once a month, giving the team more time to make sure they don't break the game if they add them too early :thumbup:

ASUS ROG STRIX Z490 F-GAMING | i7-10700K | RTX3090 TUF OC | 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz | Windows 10 64bit | Acer Predator X34P | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog | TM T.Flight Rudder Pedals

A-10C | A-10C II | F/A-18C | F-16C | FC3 | PG | Syria | SC

Home made F-16C simulator
Forum Thread: DCS World forum - The Viper Project - Home Cockpits Instagram: 1583142 copia.jpg The Viper Project YouTube youtube-icon-512x512-874lspju.png The Viper Project - Youtube channel

not everything can be "hot fixed"... otherwise we are back to where we were

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

+1

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

+1

Sounds good! Longer release cycle for features with possibility to release fixes for critical bugs as soon the are ready.

edit: The armchair software engineer in me has even better idea: stable release every 2 months, beta every 2 weeks and hotfixes for beta as needed. This could reinstate the stable version as primary version on servers.

Edited by Unclezam

Good morning all.

The team are planning a hot fix today with some crash fixes.

Hot fix 17th June

Next Planned update 15th July

Thank you

I'm happy with the news. I just think that ED should stop the development of all current modules for about 3/4 months to focus on the base game and fix as many problems as possible. :music_whistling:

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

BIGNEWY, can we get a comment on the status of the Vulkan implementation? How far along is it? Are there any test builds? If so, how are they performing?

The Flying Kiwis (TFK)

Ryzen 5600X on water, RX6800, 32GB 3200, m.2 boot, 2TB EVO,  Rift S, Warthog HOTAS + TFRP, flight chair with bass shakers.

AH-64D || A-10IIC || F/A-18C || UH-1 || F-16C || Mig-29 || Spitfire mk.ix || Fw190A8 || Fw190D9 || P-51D || Ka-50 || Mi-8 || Mi-24P || bf109k-4 || P-47 || Mosquito || Combined Arms

Persian Gulf || Normandy || Nevada || Syria

Supercarrier || NS430

• ED Team
BIGNEWY, can we get a comment on the status of the Vulkan implementation? How far along is it? Are there any test builds? If so, how are they performing?

Only statement I have at the moment is it is in active development, we have asked the team about sharing news on progress so you may see a dev report in the future hopefully.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Thanks kindly for the response. This is good news. My honest feedback is that I really, 100% believe that regular updates about the core of DCS will go a very long way to placating the community. We are all very excited to see where this is at. All the guys I fly with, we talk about the core all the time.

Thanks again.

The Flying Kiwis (TFK)

Ryzen 5600X on water, RX6800, 32GB 3200, m.2 boot, 2TB EVO,  Rift S, Warthog HOTAS + TFRP, flight chair with bass shakers.

AH-64D || A-10IIC || F/A-18C || UH-1 || F-16C || Mig-29 || Spitfire mk.ix || Fw190A8 || Fw190D9 || P-51D || Ka-50 || Mi-8 || Mi-24P || bf109k-4 || P-47 || Mosquito || Combined Arms

Persian Gulf || Normandy || Nevada || Syria

Supercarrier || NS430

What about the clouds, BIGNEWY?

Any news ?

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

What about the clouds, BIGNEWY?

Any news ?

+1 I am interested too in the response off this question... :D

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

I'm quite happy with the less frequent releases. When I was a developer, I can remember the constant pressure of very tight release cycles.

There's probably a lot of fixed overhead involved in issuing a release and probably difficult to automate testing. Less frequent releases may mean more improvements/fixes.

Also means less stress on my F5 key waiting to see if there's a new release every Friday/Wednesday :)

Sinclair ZX Spectrum 48K, Kempston joystick Interface, Alba Cassette Recorder, Quickshot II Turbo Joystick