DCS: Supercarrier Update for 19 March 2020

Wags

It was supposed to be released to all of us in less than a week from now. Oh and at the end of March, and by the middle of April.

This is not "excellent news" it is more *CENSORED* White Knight fodder.

pudknocker and the GR's will be on their channels, "THIS IS THE BEST THING EVAR!!!!" :lol: per usual

Hopefully some more balanced folks like Jabbers and Magz haven't been ousted out of the "inner circle" and will be able to provide some honest feedback on this thing while the rest of us continue to wait....

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/ea/64/58/ea6458e2d324aa68f5ac76922536c033.jpg

"Straighten up and fly right"

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

pudknocker and the GR's will be on their channels, "THIS IS THE BEST THING EVAR!!!!" :lol: per usual

Hopefully some more balanced folks like Jabbers and Magz haven't been ousted out of the "inner circle" and will be able to provide some honest feedback on this thing while the rest of us continue to wait....

Jabbers may not want to be in that inner circle no more after that lashing 9L tried to dish out to him over the Hornet Roadmap.

It was supposed to be released to all of us in less than a week from now. Oh and at the end of March, and by the middle of April.

This is not "excellent news" it is more *CENSORED* White Knight fodder.

Sorry, you didn't apply my sarcasm filter, (irony donesn't always translate well ;))... what I was trying to point out is that they deem it OK to release to outlets that will get them more sales but don't feel it ready to put it out to those of us who have already paid for it.

In other words it feels like another kick in the nuts to those of us who have already paid for something that someone else will start using next week.

Techlabs Chameleon Watercooled Gaming PC - Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.7GHz : Samsung 950 Pro 256GB SSD, Samsung 500 gig SSD, Seagate 1TB 7200RPM Drive : MSI GeForce GTX 1080 "Founders Edition" 8192MB : 800W '80 Plus Gold' Modular Power Supply : 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 PC4-25600C16 3200MHz : Occulus Rift S : TM Warthog : MFG Crosswind V2 : Win 10 64. PointCTRL.

Hold on...

So why would you interpret:

providing a preview to our partners and social media channels

as providing the early early access to the actual module?

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

Isn't the idea for them to have some play time or early peek so they can write up their experiences as a method to promote it? Mudspike is one of those that come to mind.

Maybe it's not meant to mean that, but it's not clear, at least to me, at the moment.

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

Yea youtubers getting early access or even detailed "previews" isn't really anything new. It's pretty common place, and should probably be taken in a good light. I know I have been super critical of ED lately but that little piece of info tells a lot about where they are at with the build, I think anyway.

Yea youtubers getting early access or even detailed "previews" isn't really anything new. It's pretty common place, and should probably be taken in a good light. I know I have been super critical of ED lately but that little piece of info tells a lot about where they are at with the build, I think anyway.

That's part of being a fan / customer. You have to be honest. If your wife looks horrible in that dress you have to tell her. It's the same thing here, if they (ED) are doing something awesome, I will be the first one to cheer them on. Honesty will set you free.

Steve

PC: ASROCK Z370 Gaming K6 | Intel i7 8700K | GeForce 2080TI | 32GB GeSkill 3200 RAM | GeForce 2080TI | 500GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 | 1TB Samsung 860 EVO M.2

FLIGHT STUFF: Rift S | Warthog Base | Virpil Base | Hornet Grip | A-10 Grip | Cougar Grip | Virpil F-14 Grip | Cougar MFD's | A-10C UFC | Saitek Flight Panels | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

Quote:

Errr, why would you not? Do you think they are going to create a seperate demo that strips out just certain aspects of the whole module, to then release the full module in two to three weeks, because I don't.

Techlabs Chameleon Watercooled Gaming PC - Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.7GHz : Samsung 950 Pro 256GB SSD, Samsung 500 gig SSD, Seagate 1TB 7200RPM Drive : MSI GeForce GTX 1080 "Founders Edition" 8192MB : 800W '80 Plus Gold' Modular Power Supply : 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 PC4-25600C16 3200MHz : Occulus Rift S : TM Warthog : MFG Crosswind V2 : Win 10 64. PointCTRL.

Errr, why would you not? Do you think they are going to create a seperate demo that strips out just certain aspects of the whole module, to then release the full module in two to three weeks, because I don't.

It may well be missing features/contain bugs ED doesn't want released to the wider public. Your view on whether that constitutes the actual module may differ from Gierasimov's.

Either way the idea that ED aren't releasing it as some sort of conspiracy to insult to their customers is quite frankly ridiculous.

Basically don't hold your breath and we may have it by the end of the month. If there are more vids and details released next week, it sounds like they're making decent progress, but obviously weren't close to ready on April 15th.

Specs & Wishlist:

Core i9 9900k 5.0Ghz, Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero, 64GB G.Skill Trident 3600, Asus RoG Strix 3090 OC, 2TB x Samsung Evo 970 M.2 boot. Samsung Evo 860 storage, Coolermaster H500M, ML360R AIO

HP Reverb G2, Samsung Odyssey+ WMR; VKB Gunfighter 2, MCG Pro; Virpil T-50CM v3; Slaw RX Viper v2

It may well be missing features/contain bugs ED doesn't want released to the wider public. Your view on whether that constitutes the actual module may differ from Gierasimov's.

Either way the idea that ED aren't releasing it as some sort of conspiracy to insult to their customers is quite frankly ridiculous.

I would agree with your first part, cetrainly the release to other parties might not be the final build but it would likely only differ by having less bugs as opposed to missing features. What would be the point of giving the module for others to review if it was missing all the features that they wanted to show off?

Second point, in what part of my statement did I suggest this was some kind of conspiracy? Please point that out.

My post was simply my thoughts on ED, yet again, scoring a bit of a PR own goal with their customers, having already gone throught the "its ready, no its not, Ok its going to be ready...actually it's not." With everyone waiting for news about the release the news they give is that its going to be released next week to some media and not the players.

That Sir, to me is irony not conspiracy. Both ending in a 'y' I admit, but thats where the similarity ends.

Edited by Ratcatcher

That's part of being a fan / customer. You have to be honest. If your wife looks horrible in that dress you have to tell her. It's the same thing here, if they (ED) are doing something awesome, I will be the first one to cheer them on. Honesty will set you free.

Steve

Normally I'd agree with you, but it seems when people give their honest opinion about their feelings towards ED, and the debacle of the Super carrier module, that's not in line with the "party" they are ostracized for expressing their honesty.

Why do I say debacle, well it was shelved 24 hours prior to release, due to some MP issues, and almost 4 weeks later it's not looking realistic of being released, so what happened within 24 hours that needed 4 more weeks of development, and nothing concrete from the DEV team.

ED need to focus and finish one project before doing the repeat and rinse constantly, and move away from early access, by releasing another 2-3 products within 12 months.

The PR for this module has been shocking, and harsh lessons learned.

Yeah Yeah yeah, the software experts and coding experts will chime in with " you have no idea about coding and bug squashing and these things take time" of course they do, people understand that to a point, however as the above quote mentions "honesty" that's a two way street.

The delay in release is more acceptable when the product makers are up front, and honest.. pulling the product 24 hours before release, and no significant updates from ED since, would indicate whatever ever the issue was, it's not ready to be released 4 weeks late.

They stated the main reason was a MP issue, so why delay that for the SP users?

As for telling your wife her dress looks horrible, how did your evening go after that comment?? :megalol:

Bottom line, delays are fine, when there's honesty and transparency as to why.

AMD Ryzen 9 7845HX with Radeon Graphics           3.00 GHz

32 GB RAM

2 TB SSD

RTX 4070 8GB

Windows 11 64 bit

I would agree with your first part, cetrainly the release to other parties might not be the final build but it would likely only differ by having less bugs as opposed to missing features. What would be the point of giving the module for others to review if it was missing all the features that they wanted to show off?

Second point, in what part of my statement did I suggest this was some kind of conspiracy? Please point that out.

My post was simply my thoughts on ED, yet again, scoring a bit of a PR own goal with their customers, having already gone throught the "its ready, no its not, Ok its going to be ready...actually it's not." With everyone waiting for news about the release the news they give is that its going to be released next week to some media and not the players.

That Sir, to me is irony not conspiracy. Both ending in a 'y' I admit, but thats where the similarity ends.

Your previous posts can be summarised as follows:

The module must be ready otherwise they wouldn't be giving out preview* copies, and they're not giving it out to everyone else for unspecified reasons. Sounds like a conspiracy to me.

Releasing an potentially unfinished/buggy preview to reviewers isn't ironic, it's common practice.

*which in and of itself tells us it isn't complete.

ED have made many PR blunders with the SC, but I don't see how this is one of them.

@Flamin_Squirrel:

I think we will have to agree to disagree on this one. You are clearly seeing things very differently to me.

Peace. Out!

Steve

I agree with my whole heart.

F-14B, A-10C,F-18C Lot 20, F-16C, UH-1H, SA342, Spitfire LF Mk IX, F-15C, Mig-29, Supercarrier, Nevada, Persian Gulf

i9 9900k 5.0GHz, 32GB RAM, 1080Ti, Rift S, Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind pedals, Dual Monitors 4K & 1080

Every Day, Someone Uses Cute Krispy Snacks

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Steve

Absolutely not ! You should say that dress looks horrible on her :) Never say SHE looks horrible in any context !

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

Never say SHE looks horrible in any context !

Absolutely. The smart thing to say is, "Could you wear that smoking hot red dress instead?" :smilewink:

Alienware Area-51M: i7-9700K, 165Hz 27" ASUS Swift PG279 IPS with G-SYNC, 32GB DDR4 Ram, 1TB M.2 PCie x4 SSD, 1TB SSHD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 8GB GDDR6, Windows 10, CH Eclipse...

Check out my fictional F/A 18-C Hornet and Su33 Flanker skins at: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/?CREATED_BY=WytchCrypt&set_filter=Y

Absolutely. The smart thing to say is, "Could you wear that smoking hot red dress instead?" :smilewink:

Actually the correct answer is

"Isn't the the same dress as {insert a third party who your wife does not like, or wears fashion your wife does not like} was wearing recently?"

If your wife looks horrible in that dress you have to tell her.

Gents, If you have a wife with a mouth and tongue, then don't listen to this man :/

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Actually the correct answer is

"Isn't the the same dress as {insert a third party who your wife does not like, or wears fashion your wife does not like} was wearing recently?"

Well played :thumbup:

Alienware Area-51M: i7-9700K, 165Hz 27" ASUS Swift PG279 IPS with G-SYNC, 32GB DDR4 Ram, 1TB M.2 PCie x4 SSD, 1TB SSHD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 8GB GDDR6, Windows 10, CH Eclipse...

Check out my fictional F/A 18-C Hornet and Su33 Flanker skins at: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/?CREATED_BY=WytchCrypt&set_filter=Y

"That dress doesn't do you justice honey"

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2