HP Reverb G2 Announced - next Gen

dburne

Never had an issue with WMR, and HP said that due to their collaboration with MS and Valve, the WMR experience will be even better. So yeah, no worries there at all.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Evolution rather than revolution. But good evolution nonetheless. They left the strength of G1 alone and addressed the weak points. How product development should be.

+1 :thumbup:

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

OK yes, I see WMR required. Wish ED would support it natively.

Still tempting, better lenses , 4 cameras which I consider essential for inside/out tracking, and physical IPD adjustment. The audio does not factor in as I will always prefer in ear earbuds.

Going to have to think on this one for a while. Fall is a ways away so I don't want to jump in just yet.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

OK yes, I see WMR required. Wish ED would support it natively.

Still tempting, better lenses , 4 cameras which I consider essential for inside/out tracking, and physical IPD adjustment. The audio does not factor in as I will always prefer in ear earbuds.

Going to have to think on this one for a while. Fall is a ways away so I don't want to jump in just yet.

Maybe oculus comes with rift cv3! :D I like the Competition. Who is Taking the Crown?

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

So can anyone comment, how WMR/Steam VR motion reprojection does in comparison to Oculus ASW technique?

Oculus ASW does not bother me much at all, and obviously with DCS it runs ASW a fair amount of the time.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Maybe oculus comes with rift cv3! :D I like the Competition.

Lol, more than likely Quest 2.

Don B

WMR reprojection is the better for me, superior to oculus and steamvr. Doesn´t produce artifacts when fighting with other bandit.

OK that is certainly interesting, hard to imagine it being better than Oculus ASW but certainly great if it is. I can cross that off my checklist.

Don B

No, that's all you'll get. Same as Reverb G1 pre-order process.

Thanks!

There was Pre Order button on Reverb G2 page at hp.com site and now it is not there anymore. Huge rush of pre-orders so they decide to remove that pre order link?

Thanks!

There was Pre Order button on Reverb G2 page at hp.com site and now it is not there anymore. Huge rush of pre-orders so they decide to remove that pre order link?

Yep, I can confirm the pre-order button has gone! I guess we were lucky to get in earlier.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

So can anyone comment, how WMR/Steam VR motion reprojection does in comparison to Oculus ASW technique?

Oculus ASW does not bother me much at all, and obviously with DCS it runs ASW a fair amount of the time.

From CV1 to reverb here, in CV1 a flyby(F3 view) of my AC always have cut off front/ghosting even with slow flying Mi8. With reverb I can see the whole AC even heatblur effects with of 30 to 45 fps

Ryzen 1700 @ 3.8GHz / 32GB( 4x8 ) @ 3.2GHz / 1TB ADATA NVMe System Drive / 232GB NVMe Samsung 960 / ASUS dual RTX 2080ti / Reverb / Rift CV1 / T-16000M FCS flight pack

A10C/M2000C/F5E/SA342/Mi8/UH1H/KA50/AJS-37/FA-18C/AV-8B/F-14/Mig29/CA/SU-27

From CV1 to reverb here, in CV1 a flyby(F3 view) of my AC always have cut off front/ghosting even with slow flying Mi8. With reverb I can see the whole AC even heatblur effects with of 30 to 45 fps

Good to hear, thanks for the info.

Don B

Yep, I can confirm the pre-order button has gone! I guess we were lucky to get in earlier.

In the interview on MRTV they said preorder is possible in the US right away with other regions following into July. I guess your country as most will have to wait a bit.

Oculus/FB is not interested in VR anymore, they are working in AR

I don't see that, seems to me their focus at this time is on Quest.

Don B

Not enough changes for me. I will just keep my Reverb G1.

Just about the only thing that hasn't changed is the resolution!

- Better audio

- Better clarity

- Better visual quality with increased brightness, contrast, etc.

- Mechanical IPD

- No mura

- lighter and longer cable (Yes!)

- 4 cameras, etc. etc.

What else do you want?

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

In the interview on MRTV they said preorder is possible in the US right away with other regions following into July. I guess your country as most will have to wait a bit.

No, you're missing the point. There was a pre-order button available which I and others here used earlier. It was later removed. That's from all HP sites, including US.

I think the MRTV info was wrong as I am in the UK, and my location was noted and actioned OK.

- Better audio

- Better clarity

- Mechanical IPD

- No mura

- 4 cameras, etc. etc.

What else do you want?

:)

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

I tried Reverb G1 and love the sharpness and clarity, but not comfortable at all. (I have narrow face). Rift S is so comfy (most comfy of all is old Rift, Rift S is 2nd as i tried Ody, Ody+, Pimax 5k+).

G2 should be quite much more comfy right out of box and I can customize foam with magnetic strips for more comfortable custom fit

Edited by 1LtHoover
6k to 5k

- Better audio

- Better clarity

- Mechanical IPD

- No mura

- 4 cameras, etc. etc.

What else do you want?

You know what else we want :smilewink:

starts with F and ends with OV

I know, I already said it before, several times... but hey... you asked :P

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

You know what else we want :smilewink:

starts with F and ends with OV

I know, I already said it before, several times... but hey... you asked :P

Yep, would have been nice, but I was really questioning Drac's 'not enough changes' quote!

Got the notification email 2 hours ago for preorder from the same Dutch online shop I purchased the Reverb last year. 725 euro including the VAT. Similar price to my original. Tempting but a better FOV would have near sealed the upgrade. The limited FOV can be a pain in the neck, in every sense. I'll wait and see what other HMD's come to the fore in the meantime.