DCS World roadmap update

Kate Perederko

Not sure what you are seeing, but...

CAN BE INSTALLED IN OPEN BETA ONLY!

... on the module's shop page seems fairly prominent to me.

Plus, the OpenBeta is... open, so everyone can choose to install it, or not.

Steam is not so clear...

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1199120/DCS_JF17_Thunder/

ROG Z690 Hero ● i9-12900K 5.5GHz ● Giggy RTX 3090 OC ● 32GB 4800MHz ● Firecuda M.2s ● Reverb G2 ● Win11Pro //// A10CII ● AH64D ● AJS37 ● AV8BNA ● C101 ● CEII ● F16C ● F5EII ● F86F ● FA18C ● FC3 ● I16 ● KA50 ● M2000C ● MI8 ● P47D ● SA342 ● SPIT ● UH1H ● Y52

• ED Team

There's another issue that leaves me seriously concerned but I'll elaborate that in a seperate post. English isn't my first language and I put a lot of time anf effort into writing these things up for you and I don't want them to disappear.

Dear Bonzo,

Thank you for the post. I haven't answered it earlier because it is large and has many points to address.

You are absolutely correct that we need to communicate our failures earlier, so people will have this information. It's not the first time when I read that people take a day off to play a module or to download the update and dig in. It's a very important point and I understand all the disappointed emotions and feelings. That's why we keep trying to deliver it even at the last minute, to fix something, merge and build for testing.

The approach we use to select a feature/improvement/bug to be delivered consists of several steps:

- user priority

- complexity and possibility to divide it onto parts

- available developers

I trust to the producer, project manager, and development team who defines the list of features, breakdown structure, priority and picks up of features for the delivery because they study the aircraft before the development. The list of features that we provide at EA stage is our choice and we think that it's a good start. We cannot suit every request from the community because it's not possible but we work to deliver everything we can.

We pushed back the lighting and terrain improvement due to the focus on optimization and improvement of the graphic engine. As soon as we will progress with FPS improvement and some other features like multi-threading, we'll be back to improvements because we discovered that we did everything we could and now we have to update the engine in other areas before we can continue here.

We were surprised by the Mariana map as well. We thought that we'll do it in couple of months. We started the research and found so many interesting details on the islands. We even used our own technologies in a different way to enhance the general image.

We will discuss with the community Hornet and Viper feature-complete list because I want to know the customer's opinion about our Release state for those modules. And if we'll come to the agreement that some features must be implemented but requires more time for development, well, the Release state will be moved to 2021. I do not want to have "labels", I want to have confirmed and delivered obligations in front of customers.

Looking forward for your other post.

• ED Team
Hi,

I wonder if these things are beeing tested before publishing it to open beta.

How is the testing be like before pushing it to the public?

This is just out of curiosity.

We have an internal testing team and volunteer testers who assist us.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

thanks

Big Newy,

Thanks for your answer.

But don't they see these problems coming up before releasing these updates?

Do they work with test plans or how is this all be sorted?

MrMaverick

Pilot in the RAZBAM Harrier DIsplay Team

Mavericks Youtube: My Youtube Channel

Discord: https://discord.gg/MRU8m5m

• ED Team
Kate,

Will this extra time give the developers time to implement realistic comms for the Super Carrier module? A good number of customers are calling for realistic ATC. Putting Marshall, Approach, and Tower on the same channel is not realistic. The user should have to tune into these channels.

Thank you.

Thank you for the question. We will not add additional features. The development of Early Access list is completed.

We are working on the issues that stop us from delivering.

Thanks!

Thank you for the question. We will not add additional features. The development of Early Access list is completed.

We are working on the issues that stop us from delivering.

Hello Kate, thank you for your time here.

"We will not add additional features" - for EA or not at all. Has the SC module been designed with single frequency and will stay that way or will multi frequencies be implemented at a later stage?

Thanks again,

Luke

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

• ED Team
Hello Kate,

is it possible to stop developing the "voice chat" ? I won't use it, I use the "SRS" utility which gives complete satisfaction and without bug. It will be better than coding a utility that already exists, and that nobody will use because everybody uses the "SRS" to do that.

Instead, if I may say so, put your resources on the supercarrier, so that it goes upwind during takeoffs and landings in an automatic way, like the other excellent "Moose" module does. Which brings to your simu what you should have done a long time ago.

Or time, to finish what is long overdue and that I paid for (long time too).

And I take this opportunity to thank Heatblur, who with their F-14B gives me complete satisfaction, thank you guys. A module that I don't regret having paid...

Good luck, kate

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

The Voice Chat feature is not planned to be suspended.

There are people who are against it and get used to play with SRS and other great additions. But there are also people who want to have everything from the box. I do not see the reason why it should not happen.

Unfortunately, it's impossible to switch the dev team of Voice Chat to Vulkan API integration or even F18 development. I'm sorry.

• ED Team
Big Newy,

Thanks for your answer.

But don't they see these problems coming up before releasing these updates?

Do they work with test plans or how is this all be sorted?

Can you please provide the list of the problems.

Some problems cannot be discovered or reproduced by the test team because the testing team might not have the additional frameworks, scripts, or other software installed. The test team might not see a problem because it appears in a massive mission and cannot be reproduced in small missions. And other points.

I do not understand how realistic communications is an additional feature. So everything will be using "easy comms" now. Got it.

PC: ASROCK Z370 Gaming K6 | Intel i7 8700K | GeForce 2080TI | 32GB GeSkill 3200 RAM | GeForce 2080TI | 500GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 | 1TB Samsung 860 EVO M.2

FLIGHT STUFF: Rift S | Warthog Base | Virpil Base | Hornet Grip | A-10 Grip | Cougar Grip | Virpil F-14 Grip | Cougar MFD's | A-10C UFC | Saitek Flight Panels | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

Kate, you suggest you’ll listen to feedback as to the final ‘release state’ of the Hornet and Viper. Which is good, but hints that there might be some disappointments to come....

Can you confirm that once a product is in its release state, are new features locked out forever? Or is new development possible in the future.

A release roadmap for the Hornet is needed, hopefully without any major slashing of teased, hinted at or listed features. Thanks.

The Voice Chat feature is not planned to be suspended.

Good :)

SRS, as good as it is, is still a workaround that requires extra installation, server connection and ultimately more effort on the part of the user.

Users who are not on SRS don't hear what is said on certain frequencies, even though realistically, they should be hearing what is said.

Also, many servers use weird combinations of SRS, Teamspeak, Discord etc.

In fact, radios can be seen to have "incomplete" functionality in DCS, as the most they can do is relay canned AI comms and don't really function as a real life radio.

So I'm really glad we're getting native radio functionality.

Thanks for the work that you do!

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

• ED Team
Hello Kate, thank you for your time here.

"We will not add additional features" - for EA or not at all. Has the SC module been designed with single frequency and will stay that way or will multi frequencies be implemented at a later stage?

Thanks again,

Luke

This feature was not planned and we'll see the SC feedback first. Later stage - may be, but it's a large piece of work to be done.

Good :)

SRS, as good as it is, is still a workaround that requires extra installation, server connection and ultimately more effort on the part of the user.

Users who are not on SRS don't hear what is said on certain frequencies, even though realistically, they should be hearing what is said.

Also, many servers use weird combinations of SRS, Teamspeak, Discord etc.

In fact, radios can be seen to have "incomplete" functionality in DCS, as the most they can do is relay canned AI comms and don't really function as a real life radio.

So I'm really glad we're getting native radio functionality.

Thanks for the work that you do!

+1

I´m kind of forced to use SRS and I don´t like it.

Please speed up the dev off you in game voice program

Intel I7 4770K, Evga 1080 FE, win10 64Pro, 32GB ram, TracIR 5, Hotas Warthog, MFD Cougar x2, MFG Crosswind

Carrier comms channels

This feature was not planned and we'll see the SC feedback first. Later stage - may be, but it's a large piece of work to be done.

Thank you for your reply.

I thought it would be something like re-writing the code for communications in general.

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

• ED Team
Kate, you suggest you’ll listen to feedback as to the final ‘release state’ of the Hornet and Viper. Which is good, but hints that there might be some disappointments to come....

Can you confirm that once a product is in its release state, are new features locked out forever? Or is new development possible in the future.

A release roadmap for the Hornet is needed, hopefully without any major slashing of teased, hinted at or listed features. Thanks.

Hornet has two lists:

1. Release state.

2. After Release updates.

thanks

Can you share something more like testing plans? How are builds tested, if there are testers running through some "boring always same procedures" with every build.

Also Kate Perederko recently mentioned that new open beta is compiling just now. How can be that tested if it was not compiled yet?