F-16 Braking parachute

Xilon_x

I'm pretty sure there'll be people from the EPAF-countries that'll introduce a mod that changes the external model to that of the boxtail-Vipers once the dust settles :)

Regards

Fjordmonkey

Clustermunitions is just another way of saying that you don't like someone.

I used to like people, then people ruined that for me.

An option for a Brake Chute or Not.

You have fictional liveries of the Dutch, Belgians and Norwegians

Is a Brake Chute a Bridge Too Far?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

LUCKY:pilotfly::joystick:

Computer Specs

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 6-Core 3.4 GHz| GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 6Gb | RAM: 32 GB DDR4 @ 3000 MHz | OS: Win 10 64 bit | HD: 500 Gb SSD

We will be taking great care though to develop a very accurate simulation of the F-16C Block 50 operated by the United States Air Force and Air National Guard circa 2007.

Simple as that, and skins don't require coding.

i7 6700K @ 4.6, GTX1070, 32GB DDR4 @ 3200

TM Warthog on Monstertech, TrackIR5, Lenovo Explorer, MFG Crosswind.

I'm pretty sure there'll be people from the EPAF-countries that'll introduce a mod that changes the external model to that of the boxtail-Vipers once the dust settles :)

Does any of those actually use the C. I think they are all A and B's, with the MLU?

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

The turkish one is a -C. The greek, polish, iraqi, pakistani air forces and probably some more C/D operators use them too.

Edited by TorsteinE

i7 6700K @ 4.6, GTX1070, 32GB DDR4 @ 3200

TM Warthog on Monstertech, TrackIR5, Lenovo Explorer, MFG Crosswind.

The turkish one is a -C. The greek, polish iraqi, pakistani air forces and probably some more C/D operators use them too.

Oh so EPAF (European Participating Air Forces) is ever evolving to who ever operates the F-16 in Europe, and not just the original four - Belgium, Netherlands, Norway and Denmark?

- Not taking into account Iraq and Pakistan for obvious reasons :).

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

I understand only USAF Block 50 vipers

The Greeks use Block 30-50 and they have a Brake Chute

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

LUCKY:pilotfly::joystick:

Computer Specs

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 6-Core 3.4 GHz| GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 6Gb | RAM: 32 GB DDR4 @ 3000 MHz | OS: Win 10 64 bit | HD: 500 Gb SSD

plus D variant

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15EF-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

• 2 years later...

The F-16CM Block 50 used by the USAF never had the drag chute module,
There is no reason to seriously doubt it, it's a fact.

it was an option but only used by export aircraft, as noted by the elongated Vertical Stabilizer Root Module on the air frame.

As for modifying the module's realistic limitations to accommodate Theaters, it's not realistic, and wont be done.
if the runway is too short, don't land on it.

Edited by SkateZilla
  • Like 8

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

8 hours ago, skywalker22 said:

To revive the thread...

In any case, despite USAF didn't use them at all (which I seriously doubt, but ok) it would still be awesome to have it from practical reasons on some of short runways we have now in Syria and specually at South Atlantic maps. 

I would suggest to reconsider @BIGNEWY @NineLine

If you ever saw a USAF bird with that equipment on it, that was likely a test bird, or, pre-transit bird. IE: An aircraft that was being flown in US Colors for testing purposes (and thus the chute is better rigged to stay attached to the plane in an emergency), or to make sure that that customer who's about to receive it isn't getting a lemon. USAF bases are generally long enough to allow B-52s and B-1s to land with room to spare, and can act as emergency runways for larger wide-body jets if needed. There is legitimately no reason for the USAF, now or in the future, to equip an F-16 for landing on such a runway. And if you've ever watched an F-16 land properly, you'd see why it's not needed even on some of the shortest runways in the US.

Also, if a USAF bird were to find itself needing to land on a runway that's too short for it to stop... the F-16 has a hook that can stop it. They're also useful in the event that the Vipers breaks fail. Example seen here (F-16D)
File:A U.S. Air Force F-16D Fighting Falcon aircraft assigned to the 177th  Fighter Wing, New Jersey Air National Guard catches an arresting cable with  its tailhook during a cable arrester system exercise

23 hours ago, skywalker22 said:

To revive the thread...

In any case, despite USAF didn't use them at all (which I seriously doubt, but ok) it would still be awesome to have it from practical reasons on some of short runways we have now in Syria and specually at South Atlantic maps. 

I would suggest to reconsider @BIGNEWY @NineLine

Then show ED some evidence of that and, if you suggest to reconsider, then it´s not "but ok"

DCS Viper can land on some short runways, you just have to make it right

Edited by 5ephir0th
  • Like 2

NZXT H9 Flow Black | Intel Core i5 13600KF OCed P5.6 E4.4 | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo DDR5-6000 32GB C30 OCed 6600 C32 | nVidia GeForce RTX 4090 Founders Edition |  Western Digital SN770 2TB | Gigabyte GP-UD1000GM PG5 ATX 3.0 1000W | SteelSeries Apex 7 | Razer Viper Mini | SteelSeries Artics Nova 7 | LG OLED42C2 | Xiaomi P1 55"

Virpil T-50 CM2 Base + Thrustmaster Warthog Stick | WinWing Orion 2 F16EX Viper Throttle  | WinWing ICP | 3 x Thrustmaster MFD | Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals | Oculus Quest 2

DCS World | Persian Gulf | Syria | Flaming Cliff 3 | P-51D Mustang | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | Fw-109 A-8 | A-10C II Tank Killer | F/A-18C Hornet | F-14B Tomcat | F-16C Viper | F-15E Strike Eagle | M2000C | Ka-50 BlackShark III | Mi-24P Hind | AH-64D Apache | SuperCarrier

Pretty sure most Viper Pilots Aerobrake on shorter runways, if not all of them.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

3 hours ago, Tank50us said:

How well your landing gear holds up after the fact will vary however....

Aerobrake its the word

NZXT H9 Flow Black | Intel Core i5 13600KF OCed P5.6 E4.4 | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo DDR5-6000 32GB C30 OCed 6600 C32 | nVidia GeForce RTX 4090 Founders Edition |  Western Digital SN770 2TB | Gigabyte GP-UD1000GM PG5 ATX 3.0 1000W | SteelSeries Apex 7 | Razer Viper Mini | SteelSeries Artics Nova 7 | LG OLED42C2 | Xiaomi P1 55"

Virpil T-50 CM2 Base + Thrustmaster Warthog Stick | WinWing Orion 2 F16EX Viper Throttle  | WinWing ICP | 3 x Thrustmaster MFD | Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals | Oculus Quest 2

DCS World | Persian Gulf | Syria | Flaming Cliff 3 | P-51D Mustang | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | Fw-109 A-8 | A-10C II Tank Killer | F/A-18C Hornet | F-14B Tomcat | F-16C Viper | F-15E Strike Eagle | M2000C | Ka-50 BlackShark III | Mi-24P Hind | AH-64D Apache | SuperCarrier

31 minutes ago, skywalker22 said:

Just curious by how much would the parachute help even more.

Very much.

• Like 1

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

"A brake chute isn't standard fit on F-16's. It's a simple option. Some countries opted for it from the start of the production (Norway, Indonesia, Greece, Turkey, Venezuela, Singapore (only F-16C/D, not A/B)), others opted to install them afterwards (The Netherlands)."

Now that said, of those listed ONLY Norway had it as one of the "first four" foreign purchasers. And if memory serves me correct, it's some Norwegian company that owns the rights to the chute control panel, just like in the F-35.

Cheers!