FLOLS overlay?

Knock-Knock

If you need instrument overlays to make a landing, it's because you don't have minimal control of the plane you're flying. I have tested and landed on aircraft carriers by deliberately shutting down the HUD and have done it 70% of the time.

I believe he just called all real Navy pilots hacks for using the ball instead of flight instruments ?????

Ouch!!

Btw. Your arguing our point??? We are saying the same thing! Translation error???

I9 (5Ghz turbo)2080ti 64Gb 3200 ram. 3 drives. A sata 2tb storage and 2 M.2 drives. 1 is 1tb, 1 is 500gb.

Valve Index, Virpil t50 cm2 stick, t50 base and v3 throttle w mini stick. MFG crosswind pedals.

At least now you have spoken with respect. Nobody says that this option should disappear for everyone, we simply ask that it be an alternative option.

I agree for an option to turn it off and on. I'm just looking out for new people forming bad habits because they are trying to be hardcore before they learn how to fly and have a worse experience. I want to see the DCS game and community grow with people that know how and enjoy flying. And don't get me wrong, there is totally a place for people to be hardcore. Sim-pit builders and other such hobbyists deserve to have their labors be worth something. I just don't appreciate elitist people coming down on anyone in a game which I enjoy.

I believe he just called all real Navy pilots hacks for using the ball instead of flight instruments ?????

Ouch!!

Btw. Your arguing our point??? We are saying the same thing! Translation error???

I am discussing arrogance and the bad way to present the arguments. Learn to translate, before demanding that others do it.

Navy pilots do not have floating instrument displays that would not be visible in the fog.

How about we call it what it is, for the sake of new people. Optional aids are there for learning. but dont call people cheaters because they arent as hardcore as you Johnny Raybans...

It's not really even an aid, in fact I'd argue it's not really even unrealistic; after all the only reason it's there is to make up for the 'unrealistically' low res of PC hardware.

It doesn't help you control the plane. It doesn't give you a competitive advantage. It doesn't give you any additional information you shouldn't already have. I've not seen a single person who considers this a cheat counter those points.

I am discussing arrogance and the bad way to present the arguments. Learn to translate, before demanding that others do it.

Navy pilots do not have floating instrument displays that would not be visible in the fog.

The bad ways to present the arguments?

I’m typing on a phone dude. Quit reading into my demeanor!

Done arguing with super pilot. Bye!

I9 (5Ghz turbo)2080ti 64Gb 3200 ram. 3 drives. A sata 2tb storage and 2 M.2 drives. 1 is 1tb, 1 is 500gb.

Valve Index, Virpil t50 cm2 stick, t50 base and v3 throttle w mini stick. MFG crosswind pedals.

No one is to blame for your VR devices having limitations. The mocking tone that you use to present your arguments shows what you really want is to impose this option on others, while others from respect simply defend that it is optional. And no, it is not realistic.

Huh?? What?? What a silly way to pick up a fight. You have 10 posts and 50% of them are fighting with the community. Don't take it so personally, the guy was just writing what he was feeling at the time. Anyway, I'm more interested in the IFLOS to work rather than thinking whether the pop up one will be optional or not. Let ED work on the solution so we don't even have to think about a pop up.

Stay safe

Huh?? What?? What a silly way to pick up a fight. You have 10 posts and 50% of them are fighting with the community.

Solve your conflicts and then talk about mine. Thank you.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4306421&postcount=1855

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4306387&postcount=1852

There is a phrase that says, "Contribute or move away" You do not contribute, so choose the second option.

Edited by La Unión | Atazar

In what world is 205kts and 17AoA a good landing?

Oh yeah.. DCS World. :(

F/A-18 spuds into carrier deck at 208kts and 5,000ft/min rate of descent, 100% A-OK.

Mi-8 takes one 7.62mm round to the tail - tailboom falls off and chopper crashes and burns.

Legit DCS. :huh:

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yes, thats all cheating for me and thats why all those things are (as possible) turned off on our servers. We wanna fly a simulation, not a bit more accurate Ace Combat.

But I never said that noboby is allowed to use it, just make the option to disable it serverside and everyone is happy, I have no problem with anyone who wanna use it in SP or on their server.

That's the thing. DCS seems to as of late, turned into Ace Combat: The Upgrade!

I do believe people should have options, but...

DO it or Don't, but don't cry about it. Real men don't cry!

Ship's IFLOLS works just fine! Just like in the Stennis!

the pop up display is only the slightest of annoyances during the final turn. If I want to "cheat" I can use it before I actually tally the ball. Once in the groove it's placed so far left of center that I completely exclude it from my scan.

Once I see the ball on the ship I seriously don't even know it's there LOL

If you want to remove the FLOLS overlay which pops in your cockpit just before landing:

- close DCS

- go here C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\tech\Supercarrier\PLATCameraUI

- open FLOLS.lua in admin mod (with Notepad++ for example)

- line 41, replace "FLOLS:setVisible(val)" by "FLOLS:setVisible(false)"

- save, close and restart DCS

And put "false" to "val" to revert

It may not pass the IC

Edited by astazou
  • Like 1

My DCS contributions:
- My mods/skins: here
- My server/missions scripts: there
- My Discord bot:
this place
If you want to thank me buying a coffee☕/beer🍺, feel free:
https://www.buymeacoffee.com/Astazou

Can’t seem to find an option to remove that darn thing.. besides it being quite distracting it kills the immersion. At least for me.. but so far the carrier looks great! And very happy the real ball works well and appears as it should. Hopefully an option to remove that thing will show up soon.. for some it’s like having labels on which may make up for difficulty spotting aircraft but kills

immersion. Just my opinion not trying to argue with anybody..

-It encourages a bad scan

-it aint realistic

-it can be distracting, as in you focus on it to much

-another source of error --> MAYBE at some point down the road (bug?!) the overlay dosent show the same state as the actual Lense would.

-and its cheating

I actually completely agree with this.

After all we might be sitting behind a screen in our comfy chairs, yet this is a simulator and we're striving for upmost possible realism and immersion. At least a part of us does. There's always the once that just get in a jet, shoot some stuff and get out again.

LOOKIE HERE LOL:music_whistling::music_whistling:

See what I said?:thumbup: I put that on page 2 of this thread.

If the 3D IFLOLS is working at Early Access.. hopefully we find a way to mod it out. I give the community 2 days :music_whistling:

Didn't even have to wait 6 whole hours.:lol::megalol::joystick:

I was happy that it showed up during my Yak-52 carried landing. I thought it was nice of them to offer it up.

But yes, there should absolutely be an option to turn it off. I'm sure it will come along.

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!

I personally think it should be an individual option to have on or off. I'm all about realism, to a fault, but this isn't one I'd argue with. If it helps some people, leave it but I'd say don't force people to have it on or off and up to a server. It's not a cheat in any way, shape or form IMO.

I9 9900k @ 5ghz water cooled, 32gb ram, GTX 2080ti, 1tb M.2, 2tb hdd, 1000 watt psu TrackIR 5, TM Warthog Stick and Throttle, CH Pedals