FLOLS overlay?

Knock-Knock

I personally think it should be an individual option to have on or off. I'm all about realism, to a fault, but this isn't one I'd argue with. If it helps some people, leave it but I'd say don't force people to have it on or off and up to a server. It's not a cheat in any way, shape or form IMO.

+1. Nobody forces the control indicator off.

If you want to remove the FLOLS overlay which pops in your cockpit just before landing:

- close DCS

- go here C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\tech\Supercarrier\PLATCameraUI

- open FLOLS.lua in admin mod (with Notepad++ for example)

- line 41, replace "FLOLS:setVisible(val)" by "FLOLS:setVisible(false)"

- save, close and restart DCS

And put "false" to "val" to revert

It may not pass the IC

Solution by astazou, previous page.

I made an edited file according to the instructions above, archived and ready for JSGME. Attached.

FLOLS overlay off.rar

Edited by Sharkku

Would your attachment be OvGME compliant as well?

Pretty sure the option to turn it off is coming... I'm just surprised they started without the option. It's a very cool feature... that I'll never use.

i7 8700K @ Stock - Win10 64 - 32 RAM - RTX 3080 12gb OC - 55 inch 4k Display

I hope RL pilots aren't cry babies like I see hear.

Don't like it don't use it.

Soon enough it will be optional.

SMFH!!!!!!

Disrespectful, and completely unnecessary. People are not cry-babies, those are perfectly valid complaints. I happen to be a real life pilot, and I want to use this sim with as much immersion as possible, without artificial overlays. It should definitely be optional, and it's frankly unbelievable that ED has imposed such a feature on its customers. So don't go calling people cry babies, it contributes nothing, and only serves to make you look immature. And you should learn the difference between "hear" and "here" before making arrogant comments like that.

Would your attachment be OvGME compliant as well?

I would like to think it would work with OvGME as well, but I'm not familiar with OvGME. It's simply a .rar-archive with the edited file, and relative path saved within. If OvGME works in a similar way as JSGME it should work.

Knock knock...

Who's there ?

Early access

Oh I thought You were someone else ;)

CPU: Intel I7 7700k /Ram:32gb_ddr4

GFX: Nvidia Asus 1080 8Gb

Mon: Asus vg2448qe 24"

Disk: SSD

Stick: TM Warthog #1400/Saitek pro pedals/TIR5/TM MFDs

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I hope RL pilots aren't cry babies like I see hear.

Don't like it don't use it.

Soon enough it will be optional.

SMFH!!!!!!

Well, that's exactly what I want to do, unfortunately the game doesn't give me the option to disable it...

And just not looking at it is difficult (for me at least), as it is distracting me.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Well, that's exactly what I want to do, unfortunately the game doesn't give me the option to disable it...

And just not looking at it is difficult (for me at least), as it is distracting me.

You can't turn it off at the moment but Wags has already stated the ability to is planned to be added later. For me it is annoying because if you use it for reference it switches off again and you have to switch back. Bizzare.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=4334850

How much longer, Ops? The engine’s overheating and so am I. We either stand down or blow up. Which do you want?

:pilotfly::pilotfly::pilotfly:

I don't get what the BIG drama is. :noexpression: :rolleyes:

Its a bloody great add on. :clap:

I could never see the ball on the Stennis.

Neither could I but of those who could see it, a few have raced to the parapet unhappy with ED's solution, i get that they are unhappy that you cant turn it off but what i do not get is why the darn thing switches off before you land. Leave the bloody thing on.

How much longer, Ops? The engine’s overheating and so am I. We either stand down or blow up. Which do you want?

:pilotfly::pilotfly::pilotfly:

The file edit a few pages back works well and is a solution for the meantime if you really want the overlay removed. I have not seen IC issues yet either.

F/A-18C | F-16C | JF-17 | F-14 | FC3 | AV-8B | AJS-37 | F-5E | M-2000C | Mig 15bis | C-101 | F-86 | A-10C | P-51D | Fw 190 A-8 | Christen Eagle II | Bf 109 K-4 |

Ryzen 5 2600 | MSI RTX 2070 Super | ASROCK B450m Pro | 16GB G.SKill Ripjaws 3200 DDR4 | 500GB WD Blue Internal SSD | 1TB Samsung Evo 860 SSD | Logitech X56 HOTAS | PSEYE Track IR | Delan Clip | :joystick:

We need a sticky with astazou's post :thumbup:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4340201&postcount=95

Edited by Dunx
Added link

ROG Z690 Hero ● i9-12900K 5.5GHz ● Giggy RTX 3090 OC ● 32GB 4800MHz ● Firecuda M.2s ● Reverb G2 ● Win11Pro //// A10CII ● AH64D ● AJS37 ● AV8BNA ● C101 ● CEII ● F16C ● F5EII ● F86F ● FA18C ● FC3 ● I16 ● KA50 ● M2000C ● MI8 ● P47D ● SA342 ● SPIT ● UH1H ● Y52

Completely like it

Good to see the Meatball and it works

If only all carrier modules had it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

LUCKY:pilotfly::joystick:

Computer Specs

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 6-Core 3.4 GHz| GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 6Gb | RAM: 32 GB DDR4 @ 3000 MHz | OS: Win 10 64 bit | HD: 500 Gb SSD

If you want to remove the FLOLS overlay which pops in your cockpit just before landing:

- close DCS

- go here C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\tech\Supercarrier\PLATCameraUI

- open FLOLS.lua in admin mod (with Notepad++ for example)

- line 41, replace "FLOLS:setVisible(val)" by "FLOLS:setVisible(false)"

- save, close and restart DCS

And put "false" to "val" to revert

It may not pass the IC

Works brilliantly.

/end thread.

Wags' comment regarding the overlay in new Case I Recovery video:

"It is currently automatic, but we plan to make it a toggle and on/off default settings. It is only a feature of Supercarrier."

Does anyone know if you can manually resize the FLOLS overlay? There must be a file that configures it somewhere in DCS?? For VR users it's a great addition however personally I think it is just too big and I would like to make it smaller.

Geeze all this drama about something so simple. Quite frankly, it should have just released with the option to disable it and noone would have said anything about it.

Well, correct. It is extremely easy to make 'on/off switch (going by the instruction from 'astazou')

In my opinion optional, scalable (not too much;)) IFLOLS in the correct location (on the boat) would've been better but... I'm not going to try to convince everyone.