Hornet bugs after each update ...

Arbil

Personally, I’d be glad to use Stable, but wait, broken JDAMs and TPOD for Hornet, so no difference...

DING DING DING, on the nose with that one. At this point beta and stable are just providing us with a choice of which bugs we'd like to have to deal with.

DCS F/A-18C :sorcerer:

Personally, I’d be glad to use Stable, but wait, broken JDAMs and TPOD for Hornet, so no difference...

Bad news for you: Stable is also broken! AI pathfinding is messed up :) ED could not wait to roll the 2.56 to the stable, because some here were crying like babies that the stable got no love.

But at least 2.5.5 worked. Now we have two messed up versions!

THIS IS INSANE!!! CLEAN UP THE MESS ASAP PLEASE!!!!!

SYS: MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge Wifi || Ryzen 5900x || Gainward RTX4090 || 2x16 Gb Crucial Ballistix RGB 3200@3800 || XPG Core Reactor 850 Watt PSU || Kingston Fury 2 TB NVME SSD || WD SN850 1TB NVME || 1 x 500 GB Crucial MX300 SATA SSD || 2 x HDD 3TB || Thrustmaster F-16 & F-18 Stick on Virpil War BRD Bases || WinWing Orion2 F-16EX Viper Throttle Combo || WinWing Orion2 F/A-18 Hornet Throttle Combo (With Finger Lift) || WinWing Takeoff Panel II MFG Crosswind Pedals w. Damper || 3 x Thrustmaster Cougar MFD || Multipurpose UFC ||  Wheel Stand Pro II

VR: HP Reverb G2

Have you tried using the option in the Audio Settings that makes the AB sound more pronounced? I find it a huge help.

Yes I have the AB checked off in audio, I actually have a mod in "saved games" that makes AB nicely pronounced but I'm referring to the entire MIL range not AB.

Was never able to figure out how to mod the rest of the sounds like I did the AB.

Edited by fitness88

As I said...

Talking about/pointing out bugs is great :). I even encouraged it. I'm no white knight for ED :). That's pretty clear here unless you're just interested in sidestepping the actual issue here... ;)

If you don't see what the actual point of my post was... That's not really my problem. I think I've made it abundantly clear. Discussing bugs... great. Telling ED to release stable versions as "OB" so one can have their cake and eat it to... Not great ;).

For BarTzi :) -

I'LL USE ITALICS INSTEAD OF CAPS FROM NOW ON TOO!!! :)

Nvidia RTX3080 (HP Reverb), AMD 3800x

Asus Prime X570P, 64GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)

@M1Combat

Me saying that I wish open beta was better handled and I'd be willing to wait longer for an actual playable build isn't double speak and I'm certainly not trying to instigate anything or throw ED under a bus. I am just calling things how I see them and hoping for some sort of change in the way the open beta is delivered to us, like in an actual playable state.

You immediately go to telling people to STFU and name calling. You paint yourself as nothing but a troll and it diminishes your opinion. You're toxic and shouldn't be allowed to post here because your aggressive and demeaning attitude squashes constructive talk. Chump. Go upstairs and help your mom with the dishes or something, I'm sure the basement gets real hot in Arizona.

Yes I have the AB checked off in audio, I actually have a mod in "saved games" that makes AB nicely pronounced but I'm referring to the entire MIL range.

Ahh, ok. I guess we're in the same boat. I have a hard time hearing the differences in mil power too. A more pronounced MIL region would be great.

For sure :).

But if the point of view he's coming from is pretty crap... then he'll need to put up with being told that.

Just like I'm willing to deal with people that tell me mine is ;).

So tell me... Since you've said you don't want to come down to my level...

Go ahead and stay on his and explain how saying one thing on one site, then saying darn near the opposite on another is reasonable.

Really...

On one site "This is BS we shouldn't have to deal with game breaking bugs every couple weeks in the OB... Do better"

Then on the other "I get it's an OB, but... I'd be willing to wait as long as the stable releases so I don't have to deal with bugs".

I'm just telling him to take option 2 man :)... that's all.

He specifically said he's willing :).

Also... He decided to throw ED under the bus for releasing a BETA with bugs.

but when you call him a 6-year-old boy, you insult him. so you start talking wrong

....Or ED can solve everyone's problem and vet their patches better. These are game breaking issues. I Can't help test the new missile performance because the radar is broken.. :crazy:

But if the point of view he's coming from is pretty crap... then he'll need to put up with being told that.

Just like I'm willing to deal with people that tell me mine is ;).

So tell me... Since you've said you don't want to come down to my level...

Go ahead and stay on his and explain how saying one thing on one site, then saying darn near the opposite on another is reasonable.

Really...

On one site "This is BS we shouldn't have to deal with game breaking bugs every couple weeks in the OB... Do better"

Then on the other "I get it's an OB, but... I'd be willing to wait as long as the stable releases so I don't have to deal with bugs".

Totally feel your pain here man.

Also I lived in Prescott back in the mid 90's going to Embry Riddle. Man it was boring there then.lol Flying was fun though. I had a lot of experiences with the F16's from Luke coming up to practice touch and goes and pattern work. My little Cessna 182 almost got flipped over in mid air when I was cleared final after a Viper landed. His jet wash was still there and I nearly Shat myself when the plane dropped about 100ft and went sideways.lol That was my first solo to boot.

System Specs: 13900K, Strix Z790 Gaming E, MSI 4090 Sprim Liquid X  OC'd, 64gb Gskill Trident Z DDR5, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 SSD,. Winwing throttle, Winwing panels/MIPs and VKB GF3/MCGU stick, MFG Crosswind V2, HP REVERB G2.

Ahh, ok. I guess we're in the same boat. I have a hard time hearing the differences in mil power too. A more pronounced MIL region would be great.

I will try and mod the MIL range and will let you know if I'm successful like I was with the AB.

I wonder what would come up if ED made an NPS survey. I was never, not one time asked by ED something about what I feel as a customer. Maybe if they did they will realize how bad things are working out for them. Some day competition will be here and profits will change and they could regret all these years of poor management.

Stay safe

• ED Team

Please be respectful when communicating with each other, I know tempers are high currently, but please remember the forum rules.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

...lol.. the only thing working on F18 was gun fighting for me.

now also this is unusable, vertical scan dont lock at all, as most A/A radar modes.

i dont know how you keep breaking things that were already working…

but what about just test at least the most basic features before realasing a patch?

Yeah, what's true is we all need to take it easy. I understend the OP, stable is as unplayable as OB, that could be the reason for throwing ed under the bus.

ED clearly are going through difficult period with development flow and hopefully will sort thigs out soon.

p.s. sorry for 'levels' if it offended you anyhow. Shouldn't have written so :smilewink:

Yeah, what's true is we all need to take it easy. I understend the OP, stable is as unplayable as OB, that could be the reason for throwing ed under the bus.

ED clearly are going through difficult period with development flow and hopefully will sort thigs out soon.

p.s. sorry for 'levels' if it offended you anyhow. Shouldn't have written so :smilewink:

ED is clearly a lot smaller than the devs for AAA titles and thus things take a lot longer. They do not have the ability to hire dozens and dozens of coders and testers for each area of the SIM. I can only imagine how difficult it is to stay on top of so many modules, maps and assets in this Sim. Yes it is a bit wonky right now but I am sure they will figure it out. One fix they make in one area may have unintended consequences in another they didn't anticipate.

I will still play every day and find ways to still have a good time.:pilotfly:

I have totally abandoned my shooter games like BF4 and COD. I have zero interest in those now.

System Specs: 13900K, Strix Z790 Gaming E, MSI 4090 Sprim Liquid X  OC'd, 64gb Gskill Trident Z DDR5, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 SSD,. Winwing throttle, Winwing panels/MIPs and VKB GF3/MCGU stick, MFG Crosswind V2, HP REVERB G2.

Is it 2 weeks until the next update? I love this game but all the good servers are on the open beta so having this problem makes the game unplayable for me. I really hope I don't have to stop playing for 2 weeks until this is fixed

I can only imagine how difficult it is to stay on top of so many modules

Then one should rethink the policy of pushing one module into EA after another. All anounced modules should be set on hold, until EVERY existing EA module is feature complete and the ones beeing right now out of early access are bug free. How about this?

Edited by VpR81

Phanteks EvolvX / Win 11 / i9 12900K / MSI Z690 Carbon / MSI Suprim RTX 3090 / 64GB G.Skill Trident Z  DDR5-6000 / 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD / 2TB PCIe 3.0 NVMe SSD / 2TB SATA SSD / 1TB SATA SSD / Alphacool Eisbaer Aurora Pro 360 / beQuiet StraightPower 1200W

RSEAT S1 / VPC T50 CM2 + 300mm extension + Realsimulator F18 CGRH / VPC WarBRD + TM Warthog grip / WinWing F/A-18 Super Taurus + F-15EX / 4x TM Cougar MFD / Slaw Device RX Viper V3 / HP Reverb G2

Then one should rethink the policy of pushing one module into EA after another. All anounced modules should be set on hold, until EVERY existing EA module is feature complete and the ones beeing right now out of early access are bug free. How about this?

New modules create ca$h flow which is necessary to maintain company viability.

Of course, nobody denies. However, the module implementation period is very long. The quality of corrections has been very low since the beginning of the year. And these are often stupid mistakes caused by lack of control. Judge for yourself, what will make me buy the next module? I have constant nervousness at F-18. I recently bought the F-16, but I do not intend to install it so as not to suffer as with the F-18. Should I buy another module? Another reason to stress? I love this game, I wish ED the best, but I'm starting to bother with this approach to the client.

Recently, for World War II, a map and a plane came out.There is still no damage model for World War II aircraft and other facilities. We waited a long time for the injury model and we are looking forward to it. This is something that effectively prevents me from flying during World War II and buying more modules, such as a new map or plane. The constant irrational behavior of the aircraft being attacked drives me crazy. On-board gunner, still firing like a sniper and hitting my plane from a kilometer away, without the slightest problem. Various problems are reported many times, but unfortunately no one reacts to them.

Edited by padonis