ADMIRAL189'S CORNER - INCOMING SHIP MODELS

Go to solution Solved by ivan-ivanov-1902,

On 10/3/2022 at 6:34 PM, currenthill said:

Thanks!

It's actually the 9M96E2 we've tried to emulate for the Kasatonov. But as per usual when it comes to OSINT, there are a lot of sources, stating different specifications. Since we'll never know what's correct, I usually try to find a middle ground.

But we appreciate your input for the next version. 👍🏻

Yeah I understand, getting information from open source can be contradictory, but that's all we can use, because anything else might be classified/confidential material. You can freely use any of these changes that I made, since the source content is from you guys. 👍

Uploaded a new version with the 9M96E2 in conjunction with the 9M96M and 9M100, while allowing them to all fire at the same time against same or different targets.

The 9M96E2 uses the same model as the 9M96M, but has longer range, up to 120KM, and an altitude of 30KM, it has a minimum range of 10KM. Had to reduce the ammunition size of the 9M96M from 24 to 12 to account for 12 new 9M96E2 missles taking up the other VLS launch tubes.

9M96E2 

Max Range - 120KM / 70KM at low altitude

Max Speed - Main Booster - 1800m/s Secondary Booster - Sustains for 20s at an average of 1500m/s

Can intercept ballistic missiles if targeting within 15KMs of the vessel.

9M100 

It can now intercept low flying targets, and cruise missiles.

Also updated the flight model, so terminal phase won't be so twitchy/jank.

AdmiralK9MTest2.png

EDITTED: Updated to fix the 9M100, had a test file in the previous version (2.0) that used Active Radar seeker instead of Passive IR, updated it now with the correct file. 

Admiral Kasatonov_9M96-100v2.1.zip

Edited by djuice
  • Like 3

She's gleaming! No anti ship missiles get near her!

I'll be honest, this ship is ED standard, if not better !! The bar has been raised exponentially with this release, the flag animation is the best I've seen yet.

I've yet to try her with land based targets, she can handle 2 Daring class Destroyers without much effort, though that could be down to weapons configurations.

• Like 3

AMD Ryzen 9 7845HX with Radeon Graphics           3.00 GHz

32 GB RAM

2 TB SSD

RTX 4070 8GB

Windows 11 64 bit

On 9/30/2022 at 2:39 PM, Iceviper said:

Thanks for taking the time. I'll check over the weekend when I'm able to get on next. I don't use OVGME or JSGME. A bit earlier in the forum admiral suggested a texture conflict with white.dds so will look into that as well. Really appreciate the help.

Hey, I'm currently having this issue. Did you find a way to solve it?

Hi All, besides the excellence of this Mod in terms of design, functionalities and armement, its fire power and anti-ship missile defense seem indeed very effective 😀 so far, I haven't been able to hit even once the Admiral Kasatonov with any missile (Exocet or Scalp launched by Rafale, or Harpoons launched by a pair of La Combattante). So, if anybody has succeeded in doing that, please, let me know 😉 This red AA and anti-ship missiles seem to me unbeatable, indeed..... Competition begins here... 😉 Thanks for your help...

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, toan said:

Hi All, besides the excellence of this Mod in terms of design, functionalities and armement, its fire power and anti-ship missile defense seem indeed very effective 😀 so far, I haven't been able to hit even once the Admiral Kasatonov with any missile (Exocet or Scalp launched by Rafale, or Harpoons launched by a pair of La Combattante). So, if anybody has succeeded in doing that, please, let me know 😉 This red AA and anti-ship missiles seem to me unbeatable, indeed..... Competition begins here... 😉 Thanks for your help...

Haha, since it's a very modern ship with modern weapons you need to swarm it. It still has its weaknesses, like the amount of missiles it can launch in simultaneously, the Palash Sosna-R missiles doesn't have its own radar, it's optically guiding one missile at a time. The main radar has a limit of how many targets that can be tracked at once, the longer range SAM has a lower target altitude of 5 meters etc.

I've been able to sink it with swarm attacks from F/A-18 with Harpoons etc. Preferably from different directions. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, oyen20 said:

Hey, I'm currently having this issue. Did you find a way to solve it?

No sorry didn't fix it. Removed all mods so that it was the only one there but still no joy. It shows as installed in dlc page but can't find it at all in the mission editor. Tried setting different countries, usaf aggressors, combined blue, time settings but no joy. Just wondering if there is anything in the mission setting that has to be right such as mission date?

Cousin tried as well but he's having the same issue.

On 10/7/2022 at 4:13 PM, Iceviper said:

No sorry didn't fix it. Removed all mods so that it was the only one there but still no joy. It shows as installed in dlc page but can't find it at all in the mission editor. Tried setting different countries, usaf aggressors, combined blue, time settings but no joy. Just wondering if there is anything in the mission setting that has to be right such as mission date?

Cousin tried as well but he's having the same issue.

Too bad thanks. I'll wait for the next update and see. There's probably a conflict in the mod somewhere.

Edited by oyen20

Happy Sunday and or Monday for some!!

I'm releasing the updated version 1.1.0 of the Russian Frigate Admiral Kasatonov. Highlights are below which iron out all the features that have been updated. The updated version has also been posted on page #1 of the forum!

Here's the changelog:

Admiral Kasatonov - Admiral Gorshkov Class Frigate

By Admiral189 and Currenthill Version 1.1.0

- Fixed left propeller orientation

- Fixed both propellers animations

- Changed 9M96M to enhanced warhead

- Changed ship's wake effect

- Changed 9M100 ECM resistance to -1

- Changed 9M96M thrust vector performance to 25

- Changed 9M100 thrust vector performance to 25 - Changed 9M100 to enhanced warhead

- Changed 9M96M to max altitude 30 000 m

- Changed 9M96M kill distance to 15 m

- Changed 9M100 to 140 kg

- Changed 9M96M to max range 150 km

- Changed 9M96M/9M100 to salvo interval 0.2

- Changed 9M96M to max 20 G

- Changed 3M14T range to 800 km

- Changed Palash AO-18K dispersion

- Added Palash AO-18K reload

- Changed air weapon distance marker to 150 km

- Fixed wrong 3M14T texture size

- Added additional hull number liveries

- Changed size of Palash AO-18K muzzle flames

https://ln5.sync.com/dl/3157fd800/dsuysp6f-4qr4fk88-ytujxhdb-mewcv3hq/view/default/11780781940007

Edited by Admiral189
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 6

On 10/7/2022 at 5:46 PM, currenthill said:

Haha, since it's a very modern ship with modern weapons you need to swarm it. It still has its weaknesses, like the amount of missiles it can launch in simultaneously, the Palash Sosna-R missiles doesn't have its own radar, it's optically guiding one missile at a time. The main radar has a limit of how many targets that can be tracked at once, the longer range SAM has a lower target altitude of 5 meters etc.

I've been able to sink it with swarm attacks from F/A-18 with Harpoons etc. Preferably from different directions. 

She handles 2 Arleigh Burke's like unruly children too, though she will take a few hits.. love the ability to launch Kaliber's onto land based targets too, though 75-80% of these get shot down by SAM's of various types.

• Like 4

32 GB RAM

2 TB SSD

RTX 4070 8GB

Windows 11 64 bit

3 hours ago, Admiral189 said:

Hey Oban!

Speaking of Arleigh's! I am slowly working on DDG-62 which I was stationed aboard for five years. If the defenses are tweaked properly like the Admiral. She may just have some competition. The Admiral does have some fine weaponry though! 

Oh that's for sure!! Are the props counter-rotating on the Admiral, the port prop is counter clockwise  and the starboard clockwise on mine, is this the correct version?

32 GB RAM

2 TB SSD

RTX 4070 8GB

Windows 11 64 bit

• Like 4

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

Hi Hawkeye, Excellent video, indeed ! Many thanks ! 😃 I finally managed to sink the Kasatonov also, after 25 minutes of naval battle against 2 Arleigh Burke and 2 Duncan class ships, with no air support at all. The ships came in the end as close as 8 nm, and the Kasatonov used also its forward gun against them. The anti-missile defense of the Arleigh Brurke ships was very effective against the Kalibr anti-ship miisiles of the Kasatonov. Many Harpoons were fired, but not many did hit, and the Ka-27 ont the aft deck was damaged (you can see it smoking in the screenshots below). But one Arleigh Birke was lost, and the 2 Duncan escaped... As mentioned previously by Admiral, the Kasatonov is a beast.... A superb Mod , of excellent quality for sure. Many thanks to Admiral and Currenthill for their amazing work 😃👏

Screen_221011_1.jpg

Screen_221011_2.jpg

Edited by toan
  • Like 5

Hi, Adm. Kasatonov class ship hit by 2 Rafale B firing Exocet missiles from 35 nm, and flying at 6000 ft and 490 knots... It was simultaneously attacked by naval units and firing anti-ship missiles at 2 Arleigh Burke II, and missiles against anti-ship missiles fired by 2 HSwMS Visby FAC. Fly low....

Screen_221017s.jpg

Screen_22101.jpg

Edited by toan
  • Like 2

04.10.2022 в 11:59, djuice сказал:

Yeah I understand, getting information from open source can be contradictory, but that's all we can use, because anything else might be classified/confidential material. You can freely use any of these changes that I made, since the source content is from you guys. 👍

Uploaded a new version with the 9M96E2 in conjunction with the 9M96M and 9M100, while allowing them to all fire at the same time against same or different targets.

The 9M96E2 uses the same model as the 9M96M, but has longer range, up to 120KM, and an altitude of 30KM, it has a minimum range of 10KM. Had to reduce the ammunition size of the 9M96M from 24 to 12 to account for 12 new 9M96E2 missles taking up the other VLS launch tubes.

9M96E2 

Max Range - 120KM / 70KM at low altitude

Max Speed - Main Booster - 1800m/s Secondary Booster - Sustains for 20s at an average of 1500m/s

Can intercept ballistic missiles if targeting within 15KMs of the vessel.

9M100 

It can now intercept low flying targets, and cruise missiles.

Also updated the flight model, so terminal phase won't be so twitchy/jank.

AdmiralK9MTest2.png

EDITTED: Updated to fix the 9M100, had a test file in the previous version (2.0) that used Active Radar seeker instead of Passive IR, updated it now with the correct file. 

Admiral Kasatonov_9M96-100v2.1.zip 12.31 \u041a\u0431 · 43 скачивания

Missile 9M100 has an Active Radar seeker. Information about Passive IR on 9M100 incorrect.

9M100 on MAKS-2017

SAM "Resurs" its export name for SAM "Redut" with 9M100 and 9M96 

Edited by CyMPAK

Iniquissimam pacem justissimo bello anteferro

4 hours ago, CyMPAK said:

Missile 9M100 has an Active Radar seeker. Information about Passive IR on 9V100 incorrect.

9M100 on MAKS-2017

SAM "Resurs" its export name for SAM "Redut" with 9M100 and 9M96 

I've never found any information that would support the fact that the 9M100 has anything else than an IR seeker, it might (probably) be an IIR seeker though. I don't speak russian but I watched your youtube clip translated and the guy(s) talks about the 9M100 as a fire and forget missile. Very similar setup as the western counterparts. The radar points to the target, the missile launches and with the datalink LOAL information it heads to that direction and turns on its (most likely) IIR seeker. This operating procedure also fits the design/size of this missile. I may be correct or not, but I'm always interested in learning more if there are OSINT sources available. 👍🏻

• Like 1

Look at the model of the 9M100 missile. Do you see IR seeker? I'm not. Wiki  information is not always correct
The main problem SAM Redut/Resurs is that missiles do not have a datalink channel of correction. But SAM Poliment-Redut on frigate  pr.22350 has a datalink channel of correction

Edited by CyMPAK

Iniquissimam pacem justissimo bello anteferro

13 minutes ago, CyMPAK said:

Look at the model of the 9M100 missile. Do you see IR seeker? I'm not. Wiki  information is not always correct
The main problem SAM Redut/Resurs is that missiles do not have a datalink channel of correction. But SAM Poliment-Redut on frigate  pr.22350 has a datalink channel of correction

I sent you a DM so we don't clutter the thread. 👍🏻