DCS MiG-29A

Krippz

58 minutes ago, twistking said:

Generally FBW aircraft are way less interesting to fly. I don't think this is an controversial opinion. Is it?

It's a common opinion but I certainly wouldn't treat it as a given. FBW doesn't fly the plane for you, at the end of the day getting the most from the plane takes skill, effort, and knowledge.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

3 minutes ago, Exorcet said:

It's a common opinion but I certainly wouldn't treat it as a given. FBW doesn't fly the plane for you, at the end of the day getting the most from the plane takes skill, effort, and knowledge.

Not saying that FBW equals easy mode, but it does make the plane less communicative by design. And especially for the 29 FBW seems like heresy: It was simply not designed with FBW in mind and - the DCS FC version at least - handles so great (despite some realism concerns about handling in very certain situations) and feels so much more powerful and agile than both the 16 and 18 despite being actually less so generally. FBW just make the aircraft feel more tame. Would maybe be different if you could experience the g-forces in the sim, but since you cannot the non FBWs do a better job in communicating flying sensation. In my humble opinion that is: It's also just taste to some degree, so let's not derail this thread with that.
I think the chances of getting a super late FBW Mig are below zero anyway...

1 hour ago, twistking said:

Generally FBW aircraft are way less interesting to fly. I don't think this is an controversial opinion. Is it?

No not controversial at all and I can understand your preference, but I don't agree with the notion that FBW aircraft are boring to fly. Its just a different experience and in the case of the MiG-29, the FBW versions are also far more capable combat platforms. 

5 hours ago, bies said:

ED wanted to make Soviet or WarPac 1983 MiG-29 9.12, they already have all the data to model it, documentation, subject matter experts etc. Russian government new law forced ED to withdrawn. Maybe some 3rd party developer will try in the future.

FUD

5 hours ago, bies said:

ED wanted to make Soviet or WarPac 1983 MiG-29 9.12, they already have all the data to model it, documentation, subject matter experts etc. Russian government new law forced ED to withdrawn. Maybe some 3rd party developer will try in the future.

And you are basing this on what source? 

-------

All the people keep asking for capabilities to be modelled.... I want the limitations to be modelled.... limitations make for realistic simulation.

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in the mud, after a bit you realize the pig likes it.

Long time ago in galaxy far far away:

https://www.deviantart.com/alfafox/gallery

22 minutes ago, twistking said:

Not saying that FBW equals easy mode, but it does make the plane less communicative by design. And especially for the 29 FBW seems like heresy: It was simply not designed with FBW in mind...

Correction: the "baseline" MiG-29(9.12, 9.13) wasn't, but the FBW versions certainly were with numerous changes to the airframe and wing design. 

22 minutes ago, twistking said:

I think the chances of getting a super late FBW Mig are below zero anyway...

Probably quite true unfortunately.

7 minutes ago, Seaeagle said:

Correction: the "baseline" MiG-29(9.12, 9.13) wasn't, but the FBW versions certainly were with numerous changes to the airframe and wing design.

Ah, i did not know that. Now that i think about it, it makes a lot of sense though...

Original Soviet 9.12 may be modeled in reasonably realistic way on par with other DCS full fidelity modules, with documantation, real data, realistic FM, many subject matter experts input from both NATO and eastern block countries, with all its quirks, limitations, real historical performance in many conflicts as reference etc.

So called "FBW MiG" - whatever it means, would be pure fantasy with fictional avionics, fictional performance, fictional FM, fictional weapon systems performance, without any real documentation, without subject matter experts revealing real life data or limitations etc. Way less realistic even compared to FC3 standard. Not even close to any full fidelity module.

Who knows, depending on the result of current political events - maybe ED will be allowed to renew their work 9.12 in the future?

346064936_1341545669740154_4920099908749244666_n.jpg

Edited by bies
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

Afaik it's not yet publicly acknowledged whether ED has get permissioned or not, or is this project even possible. Very little information is out there about the current state of the fulcrum.

Down below is the pilot model for russian pilot lines. This is probably the only development progress revealed to the public that can be related to the fulcrum, although not about the fulcrum.

And it was intended for the Hind initially. The pic was released in November 2021 to illustrate the Hind's pilot model.

In_Dev_12.11.2021.2.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

Is there any chance to see the MiG29 as a module, not FC3 type..

For now only "western side" modules are being developed, excluding the JF17...

It would be interesting to see MiG29 or Su24, even Su25 with the latest updates..

Is the future of the simulator to have many modules from one side to attack the AI from the other?

• ED Team

threads merged. 

As mentioned in other posts the MiG-29 is something we would like to do but at this time no news to share. 

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

8 minutes ago, ESA_maligno said:

Is there any chance to see the MiG29 as a module, not FC3 type..

Very unlikely

8 minutes ago, ESA_maligno said:

For now only "western side" modules are being developed, excluding the JF17...

Sad MiG-23, MiG-17 and Su-22 noise that are currently all in development

Edited by Mike_Romeo
  • Like 3

My skins

No point in wishing for specific FF modern redfor planes. It's all about the legal rights to create them in FF. If ED is allowed sometime in the future we should be really happy to get one no matter wich type it would be. 

Edited by Larzei
  • Like 4

A-4E, F-5, F-18, F-16, UH-1H, KA-50 

17 hours ago, Mike_Romeo said:

Su-22 noise that are currently all in development

There's no evidence that a Su-22 is in development.

15 hours ago, Larzei said:

No point in wishing for specific FF modern redfor planes

A 9.12 is not modern. That's almost a 40 year old platform.

• Like 1

It is modern for Russian government and ED workers do not want to go to prison, it is simple as that. The data (you can find tons of manuals, mostly on Russian, online) is not a problem but prison is.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Rocket brigade who retired F-117

2 hours ago, Hatman335 said:

There's no evidence that a Su-22 is in development.

A 9.12 is not modern. That's almost a 40 year old platform.

Has evidences from some time ago.... but yet has not jump to "official". By OctopusG...

And has some other Su-17M3 over here await jump to "Official".

Edited by Silver_Dragon

Moldavia sells MiG-29 Fulcrums to USA

11 November 1997

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

A total of 21 MIGMAPO MiG-29 Fulcrum combat aircraft, sold by Moldavia to the USA for $40 million, have been delivered disassembled to Wright Patterson AFB, Ohio, by Boeing C-17 transport aircraft. 

George Kyrlan, the Moldavan secretary of the National Security Council and presidential defence advisor, says that the sale was prompted by the USA's concern that the nuclear-capable aircraft might be purchased by Iran. 

ADVERT

The Fulcrums are a mix of six A models, one two-seat trainer, and 14 Fulcrum Cs, the last variant to enter front-line service with the Soviet air force. The Moldavan Fulcrum Cs are believed to have been former Soviet aircraft, and therefore wired for tactical-nuclear-weapons carriage. 

The USAF will fly the aircraft for test purposes. Along with the Fulcrums, it also received some 500 air-to-air missiles, including versions of the Vympel R-13 (AA-2 Atoll), R-60 (AA-8 Aphid), R-27 (AA-10 Alamo) and R-73 (AA-11 Archer). Among the 100 or so R-73s are understood to be late-model versions. Late-model R-7s have improvements to the infra-red seeker to increase its capability to reject infra-red countermeasures. 

MIG MAPO officials say that the Moldovan MiG-29s are not in good condition, but point out that they are fitted with an identification friend-or-foe system, probably the system which NATO has codenamed Slap Shot, details of which are still classified as secret by Russia. 

ADVERT

Moldova has a further six MiG-29s which it also intends to sell. The aircraft, however, will be only be made available to countries to the which the USA has no objection to receiving them. 

Source: Flight International

NASIC bought quite a few in the 90s.

Perhaps if the legal issues are cleared up it will be possible to do all three FC3 Migs as full fidelity.

• Like 1

On 8/17/2023 at 5:05 AM, F-2 said:

NASIC bought quite a few in the 90s.

Perhaps if the legal issues are cleared up it will be possible to do all three FC3 Migs as full fidelity.

I've seen one of the MiGs in person, they are at Nellis AFB. The problem is that Eagle is in Russia and as such they need the VVS to sign off on the MiGs. If someone outside Russia could do all three FC MiGs without any legal problems, then I really hope that ED can hand the project off to them. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, upyr1 said:

I've seen one of the MiGs in person, they are at Nellis AFB. The problem is that Eagle is in Russia and as such they need the VVS to sign off on the MiGs. If someone outside Russia could do all three FC MiGs without any legal problems, then I really hope that ED can hand the project off to them. 

Eagle is an SA Company now..

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

As far as we know, they are.  They have stated numerous times that they do not wish to get politically entangled for the sake of gamers.

• Like 6

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda