Delete mark points

twistking

No, the only option is landing on home plate - in that moment INS resets.

When you land, your previous mark points still exist from the previous flight(s). When you land, you get a RECALC - which updates your "new home plate" - but doesn't clear your existing mark points.

That being said, you can cycle all the way through the alphabet and once this happens - you will start to overwrite your existing mark points.

Cheers,

Ziptie

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

IIRC one the unlabeled buttons on the CDU is a markpoint delete button on the newer A-10s. It appears we didn't get that feature with the upgrade, perhaps @Snoopy could chime in if it's something it should have and hopefully ED could implement it someday.

Intel 9600K@4.9GHz, Asus Z390, 32GB DDR4, EVGA RTX 3070, Custom Water Cooling, 970 EVO 1TB NVMe

34" UltraWide 3440x1440 Curved Monitor, 21" Touch Screen MFD monitor, TIR5

My Pit Build, VKB Gunfighter Pro w/WH Grip, TMWH Throttle, MFG Crosswinds W/Combat Pedals, Cougar MFDs, Custom A-10C panels, Custom Helo Collective, SimShaker with Transducer

@Deezle

Correct CDU Mark Points (A - Y) can be deleted by pressing the DELETE MARKPOINT button on the CDU. The blank butting to the left of the “BCK” button is the Delete CDU Mark Point button.

simply have a mark point pulled up on the WAYPT page and press it to delete.

• Like 1

@Deezle

Correct CDU Mark Points (A - Y) can be deleted by pressing the DELETE MARKPOINT button on the CDU. The blank butting to the left of the “BCK” button is the Delete CDU Mark Point button.

Excellent, thank you @Snoopy - didn't realize this was implemented!

Cheers,

Ziptie

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

@Deezle

Are you talking IRL or in DCS?

Y’all asked me how it works in the real jet that’s what I posted above.

Ah, copy that. Maybe one day.

Cheers,

Ziptie

• 2 years later...

Following up on this BigNewy.  Any way to delete Mark Points in the A-10 yet?  My clumsy ass keeps creating mark points on accident with no way to delete them that I can figure out.  It would also help when creating a second flight plan and accidentally hitting the mark point button on the CDU.  Learning the lesson the hard way for sure.

9 hours ago, Devil 505 said:

Following up on this BigNewy.  Any way to delete Mark Points in the A-10 yet?  My clumsy ass keeps creating mark points on accident with no way to delete them that I can figure out.  It would also help when creating a second flight plan and accidentally hitting the mark point button on the CDU.  Learning the lesson the hard way for sure.

No such function in the (DCS) A-10C.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

2 hours ago, Snoopy said:

That’s why they’re asking for it, not saying it is an option currently.

Yeah, but @Devil 505 asked "if there is any way to delete Mark Points yet", so I answered him.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

2 hours ago, Snoopy said:

That’s why they’re asking for it, not saying it is an option currently.

33 minutes ago, QuiGon said:

Yeah, but @Devil 505 asked "if there is any way to delete Mark Points yet", so I answered him.

Appreciate the feedback gents.  I was hoping someone from the ED house could jump in and provide some insight.  I was curious why the current we have in game has a button to delete them in real life, but it is not implemented in DCS.  Especially when the button is already physically in game, just not labeled or functional.  I was wondering if this was something that maybe accidentally got overlooked.

It is my fault for creating MK points like a moron all the time, but it would be nice to clear them and prevent the issues of littering my SCORPION site or CDU with nonsense that is not needed (ALL MY FAULT).

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Devil 505 said:

Appreciate the feedback gents.  I was hoping someone from the ED house could jump in and provide some insight.  I was curious why the current we have in game has a button to delete them in real life, but it is not implemented in DCS.  Especially when the button is already physically in game, just not labeled or functional.  I was wondering if this was something that maybe accidentally got overlooked.

It is my fault for creating MK points like a moron all the time, but it would be nice to clear them and prevent the issues of littering my SCORPION site or CDU with nonsense that is not needed (ALL MY FAULT).

The answer is to use markpoints so frequently that they no longer distract or bother you.  Draw some twig & berries on the ground for practice 🙂 

• Like 2

Please implement this very useful function, described here:

On 11/20/2020 at 7:28 AM, Snoopy said:

@Deezle

image.png

Edited by TAIPAN_
  • Like 2

Pimax Crystal VR & Simpit User | Ryzen CPU & Nvidia RTX GPU | Some of my mods

• TAIPAN_ changed the title to Non-functional CDU delete mark points button - please add it

ED, can you please make this happen.  I am tired of accidentally having the alphabet all over the place while I am flying.  This would be a major assist for those of us who consistently hit the MK point instead of SPI.  From what I have researched and heard from guys in the Air Force, the button highlighted above is the actual delete MK point button in the aircraft.  This would be really beneficial and hopefully an easy ask.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Devil 505 said:

The original suite modeled (3/5) you couldn’t delete mark points.  The suite they say they’re modeling now you can but there are so many other things missing from the TAD, HMCS, TGP, etc. being able to delete likely won’t get added either.

10 hours ago, Snoopy said:

The original suite modeled (3/5) you couldn’t delete mark points.  The suite they say they’re modeling now you can but there are so many other things missing from the TAD, HMCS, TGP, etc. being able to delete likely won’t get added either.

I doubt it will never get added, threads like this tend to bring these functions to ED's attention.  Like any other business, visibility on issues tend to drive prioritizing them.  This seems to me like it would be a somewhat easy implementation but I am not programmer or sim designer so I could be way of the mark on that one.  If there are functions they can lawfully release in sim with the A-10 that are not there yet, I have faith it will happen someday.  There are a lot of Hog drivers out there.  I still see it flown like crazy online when I jump on.  She is a beast! 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Devil 505 said:

I doubt it will never get added, threads like this tend to bring these functions to ED's attention.  Like any other business, visibility on issues tend to drive prioritizing them.  This seems to me like it would be a somewhat easy implementation but I am not programmer or sim designer so I could be way of the mark on that one.  If there are functions they can lawfully release in sim with the A-10 that are not there yet, I have faith it will happen someday.  There are a lot of Hog drivers out there.  I still see it flown like crazy online when I jump on.  She is a beast! 

A admire your optimism

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1