Mirage F1 project update

Vibora

20 hours ago, potatoman530 said:

I have read that the Mirage F1 could carry the ATLIS laser targeting pod. Are you guys planning on implementing laser pods on the later M variant of the Mirage f1?

Yeah I think there is a video out there of the Iraqis taking down  a bridge with it IIRC. Its fairly interesting really, the Iraqis had heavily upgraded mig23's as well as F1's.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

4 hours ago, sarumax said:

PONGANLE EL EXOCET!!! RAZBAM nos hizo medio mirage... por lo menos tengamos esta bestia completa!

The spanish F-1, for all that I know, never mounted the Exocet. This missile was only used on 38 units of Iraq's F-1E, which Cyrano IVM radar had small additions to make it work with the Exocet.

-------------------------------------

Los F-1 de españa, hasta donde yo se, nunca montaron el Exocet. Este misil sólo se usó en 38 de los F-1E de Iraq, cuyo radar Cyrano IVM tenia adaptaciones para el Exocet.

Edited by Rudel_chw
  • Like 2

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

hace 4 horas, Rudel_chw dijo:

Los F-1 de españa, hasta donde yo se, nunca montaron el Exocet. Este misil sólo se usó en 38 de los F-1E de Iraq, cuyo radar Cyrano IVM tenia adaptaciones para el Exocet.

Yes, it was only available in Iraq units. 

Asus Rog Strix Z390F, i9-9900K, 64GB Crucial DDR4/3300, RTX3080, NVMe M.2 980 Pro 1T x2, SSD Evo 860 1T x2, Seagate Barracuda 1T, Seagate Barracuda 6T, HP X32C, HP Reverb G1

4 minutes ago, Joe1978 said:

Yes, it was only available in Iraq units. 

Sorry for my spanish post from above ... didnt't realize that I wasn't on the spanish section of the Forum ☺️ .. just fixed it.

Edited by Rudel_chw
  • Like 2

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

1 hour ago, Grift-06 said:

Please just stop with Mirage F"-"1, it's not an american jet... Mirage F1 etc 👌

😄

...don't sweat about it.

For instance, the Brazilian Air Force used to designate their Mirage III EBR as " F-103 E ".

• Like 1

Hangar
FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C | MiG-21bis | Mirage 2000C ... ... JA 37 | Kfir | MiG-23 | Mirage IIIE
Mi-8 MTV2

system
i7-4790 K , 16 GB DDR3 , GTX 1660 Ti 6GB , Samsung 860 QVO 1TB

11 hours ago, Grift-06 said:

Please just stop with Mirage F"-"1, it's not an american jet... Mirage F1 etc

ok, I won't bother you again 🙄

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Top Jockey said:

😄

...don't sweat about it.

For instance, the Brazilian Air Force used to designate their Mirage III EBR as " F-103 E ".

Oh, nope, there's no possible way that anyone could get confused about that! 

(joking!)

Thanks for letting us know! It's funny to me how sometimes a wpn system gets renamed and new number designation for something that might have minor mods, or just has a different shade of paint... never confuses enemy intel capabilities, but it sure makes it difficult for us fanboys!

"why don't you just call it X like everyone else?"

"ooh, but ours has special non-reflective paint, and it's PRECIOUS!!"

"yeaaa... ok weirdo..."

My own country of Canada often does that same thing, Top Jockey! Usually ours aren't too confusing, but it's kind of silly and gets in the way of discussing things among pros and amateurs alike.

1 hour ago, kontiuka said:

I would say very little chance of that.  All we've seen so far are some cockpit and external screenshots.  When we start seeing teaser videos of flight performance, systems operation, etc. then we'll be closer to a release.

Yeah, sadly I have to agree. When they said Q2, I immediately bumped it in my head to Q3 at the earliest. 

• Like 2

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Still much further along the way than anything Razbam though 😉

On a serious note, in the original announcement they said the art and FM were done, basic systems were done, but (some?) advanced systems and their interaction in the cockpit were not, and that's for the simpler -C variant, so no MFD, ground attack suite, etc. So yeah to me Q2 sounds optimistic, but 2021 sounds feasible.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, kontiuka said:

I would say very little chance of that.  All we've seen so far are some cockpit and external screenshots.  When we start seeing teaser videos of flight performance, systems operation, etc. then we'll be closer to a release.

Well in their post they said they have a flight model and from the screen shots the textures look good. From my understanding they are working on the switches and controls in the cockpit 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Get_Lo said:

I check this page every day and im perhaps a bit too excited for any news pertaining to this aircraft!

Take into accoun that developing a DCS module takes many, many months of work, checking here every day is a bit ... how to say this without sounding rude? .. naive?  

Better fly an existing Module and thus one day you will just be surprised when this projects gets nearer early release. No need to get excited way too soon.

Edited by Rudel_chw
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

Take into accoun that developing a DCS module takes many, many months of work, checking here every day is a bit ... how to say this without sounding rude? .. naive?  

Better fly an existing Module and thus one day you will just be surprised when this projects gets nearer early release. No need to get excited way too soon.

Considering the F1 has been in development for 6 years and we are in the final months before its EA I wouldnt necessarily call this "Way too soon"
I am simply letting the devs know how much I look forward too and appreciate their work. of course I do not feel entitled to an update or anything.

Edited by Get_Lo
  • Like 2

6分钟前,Get_Lo说:

Considering the F1 has been in development for 6 years and we are in the final months before its EA I wouldnt necessarily call this "Way too soon"

I preordered F-16 and I have to say "way too soon" is quite accurate. I hope that Aerges can do better.

• Like 1