Настройки Bignewy Reverb G2 для высокой частоты кадров

BIGNEWY

BN has it disabled in the SteamVR DCS settings, so it is off. 
Personally, I would recommend switching it on. I think it works extremely well with WMR and getting a very smooth 45fps is a great VR experience in DCS. 
I find having variable frame rates through the range to be less enjoyable. For me, if MP is off, the smoothness just disappears. 
As the great cliche goes, YMMV!

• Like 1

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

23 minutes ago, imacken said:

Personally, I would recommend switching it on. I think it works extremely well with WMR and getting a very smooth 45fps is a great VR experience in DCS. 
I find having variable frame rates through the range to be less enjoyable. For me, if MP is off, the smoothness just disappears. 

I'm still confused as to the motion smoothing in steam vr and the reprojection in the WMR for Steam VR are the same? (The one with motion vector for an option along with the colored indicator option) I think not, they are different windows. Surely these two conflict if they are both used. Might explain some of the constant ghosting some of us see. 

Sorry to post this again, but all is explained here Using SteamVR with Windows Mixed Reality - Enthusiast Guide | Microsoft Docs

• Like 1

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

14 hours ago, skypickle said:

not mentioned in this thread is open XR. According to VR flight sim guy, it works wonders for msfs and the G2.

I

I wonder if it also makes dcs better for those with a G2.

Yeah for at least the Reverb and MSFS 2020 OpenXR is the way to go for sure.

Working great for me.

13 hours ago, imacken said:

My experience as well.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

This might have been mentioned somewhere in this thread before, but just so I understand. BN is running 54% both in global SteamVR settings, and the DCS per application settings. So that means his resolution is basically at around 29% ? 

That would explain why I could never get anywhere close to the fps in the first post

Ok true it's not that bad when runing well, nice experience BUT

I feel very frustrated, i'm playing with all option you said above, i run a ryzen 9 with RTX 3080 32Go on SSD
I'm getting some radical stutters/lag, i crashed at least 10 times in combat sortie due to freeze, i'm litteraly driving mad in game, the VR headset is showing "waiting"  at the worst moment....
"Waiting" sure it's time to wait when aborting nose low @ mach 1.3+ in BVR, or low level nav, or dogfighting.
i'm still investigating, but really runing out of patience.

G2 DCS.png

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Photon said:

This might have been mentioned somewhere in this thread before, but just so I understand. BN is running 54% both in global SteamVR settings, and the DCS per application settings. So that means his resolution is basically at around 29% ? 

That would explain why I could never get anywhere close to the fps in the first post

No, he's running at 54% in total. You can tell by the res figure in the first post. It's just higher than native, which means around 54%.  He will have general at 100%.

• ED Team
25 minutes ago, Photon said:

54% @ 2324x2272

this is purely for fast frame rate

1 minute ago, plaiskool said:

Ok true it's not that bad when runing well, nice experience BUT

I feel very frustrated, i'm playing with all option you said above, i run a ryzen 9 with RTX 3080 32Go on SSD
I'm getting some radical stutters/lag, i crashed at least 10 times in combat sortie due to freeze, i'm litteraly driving mad in game, the VR headset is showing "waiting"  at the worst moment....
"Waiting" sure it's time to wait when aborting nose low @ mach 1.3+ in BVR, or low level nav, or dogfighting.
i'm still investigating, but really runing out of patience.

In my experience stutter or lag isn't DCS, its hardware, settings, or drivers.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

4 minutes ago, imacken said:

No, he's running at 54% in total. You can tell by the res figure in the first post. It's just higher than native, which means around 54%.  He will have general at 100%.

I was just looking at post 1 and post 3. 

In post 3 he shows his global SteamVR setting, which is set to 54%, then in post1 there is the per application DCS settings which is set to 54% as well. If you reduce both of these, they multiply right? At least if I try to do the same thing:

20210103_115918_MixedReality.jpg

• ED Team

I am not sure to be honest. 

The important thing is to find a balance that works for you and the fps you want to achieve. 

What I am using works great for frame rate, and still looks better than my previous headsets.  

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

6 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

I am not sure to be honest. 

The important thing is to find a balance that works for you and the fps you want to achieve. 

What I am using works great for frame rate, and still looks better than my previous headsets.  

Yea, I agree on that :).

Was just trying to find the magical setting, or something I had done wrong to get somewhere close to the FPS you achieved. 

So if I leave SteamVR global at 100%, and set per application resolution to 29%, then I'm getting more than 80fps myself, which seems to be the setting I was missing 🙂

Edited by Photon

• ED Team

I will take a look today at global at 100% I dont remember it making much of a difference 

edit: Yes seems I am running global at 100% and not seeing any difference in frame rate with per application for dcs set to 54%

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Photon said:

I was just looking at post 1 and post 3. 

In post 3 he shows his global SteamVR setting, which is set to 54%, then in post1 there is the per application DCS settings which is set to 54% as well. If you reduce both of these, they multiply right? At least if I try to do the same thing:

Take your point, that does seem to suggest that it is 54% in both General and DCS app specific, giving 29% in total. That might explain quite a lot.  That is very low res.

• ED Team

I have deleted that post with the steamVR home res, it my miss lead users, 

I am using 100% in steamVR home now, and frame rates are still in 90s for me. 

14 minutes ago, Photon said:

Yea, I agree on that :).

Was just trying to find the magical setting, or something I had done wrong to get somewhere close to the FPS you achieved. 

So if I leave SteamVR global at 100%, and set per application resolution to 29%, then I'm getting more than 80fps myself, which seems to be the setting I was missing 🙂

It's all down to the individual and what is best for you.  IMO, running at 29% makes a nonsense of having a G2 in the first place.  It is designed to run at 100% (approx 3100x3100). Anything less introduces barrel distortion, and anything less than 54% is running it at below native res.  Obviously lowering the render rate will give you more fps, but at a quality compromise.  Individual choice.

I run at 100% with MP on, and I get a very smooth rock solid 45 fps (except SC and channel map) with frame times usually between 10 and 16 ms.

But, as I said, it's about whatever makes you happy.

Hey BN, thanks a lot for this hint. I followed your instructions, except for a few options that i figured out run better for me the way i already had them. Besides those, this realy helped me out! I'm just wondering about one of your settings. In the NVIDIA control panel you got "vertical synchronisation" set to "off" and in DCS ingame you got VSYNC also off. Now i'm a bit confused... Don't you get tearing effects due to non-synchronised frame? Because i do. If i set "vertical synchronisation" to "fast" in the NVIDIA control panel (and leave ingame VSYNC to  off), there is (at least for me) no difference in performance but tearing effects are reduced to a minimum where these are hardly noticeable.

Cheers 

Phanteks EvolvX / Win 11 / i9 12900K / MSI Z690 Carbon / MSI Suprim RTX 3090 / 64GB G.Skill Trident Z  DDR5-6000 / 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD / 2TB PCIe 3.0 NVMe SSD / 2TB SATA SSD / 1TB SATA SSD / Alphacool Eisbaer Aurora Pro 360 / beQuiet StraightPower 1200W

RSEAT S1 / VPC T50 CM2 + 300mm extension + Realsimulator F18 CGRH / VPC WarBRD + TM Warthog grip / WinWing F/A-18 Super Taurus + F-15EX / 4x TM Cougar MFD / Slaw Device RX Viper V3 / HP Reverb G2

• ED Team
3 minutes ago, VpR81 said:

Hey BN, thanks a lot for this hint. I followed your instructions, except for a few options that i figured out run better for me the way i already had them. Besides those, this realy helped me out! I'm just wondering about one of your settings. In the NVIDIA control panel you got "vertical synchronisation" set to "off" and in DCS ingame you got VSYNC also off. Now i'm a bit confused... Don't you get tearing effects due to non-synchronised frame? Because i do. If i set "vertical synchronisation" to "fast" in the NVIDIA control panel (and leave ingame VSYNC to  off), there is (at least for me) no difference in performance but tearing effects are reduced to a minimum where these are hardly noticeable.

Cheers 

Good to hear it has helped, 

with sync off I dont notice any issue in VR, on a normal screen I do, but I spend most of my long sessions in VR which is how I like to fly, anything else is short sessions on the 2d screen for testing so its not a problem for me. 

I will try fast, we had a bug where Vsync was effecting VR but that has been fixed now, so worth checking.

thanks

5 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

with sync off I dont notice any issue in VR

Hmm... not an hardware expert, but this makes me wonder if it may be related to my GFX card (1080ti) became the bottleneck on my system since i'm in VR. Don't want to send you on a wrong trace though...

Thanks again for your time and effort!

Phanteks EvolvX / Win 11 / i9 12900K / MSI Z690 Carbon / MSI Suprim RTX 3090 / 64GB G.Skill Trident Z  DDR5-6000 / 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD / 2TB PCIe 3.0 NVMe SSD / 2TB SATA SSD / 1TB SATA SSD / Alphacool Eisbaer Aurora Pro 360 / beQuiet StraightPower 1200W

RSEAT S1 / VPC T50 CM2 + 300mm extension + Realsimulator F18 CGRH / VPC WarBRD + TM Warthog grip / WinWing F/A-18 Super Taurus + F-15EX / 4x TM Cougar MFD / Slaw Device RX Viper V3 / HP Reverb G2

Good to hear it has helped, 

with sync off I dont notice any issue in VR, on a normal screen I do, but I spend most of my long sessions in VR which is how I like to fly, anything else is short sessions on the 2d screen for testing so its not a problem for me. 

I will try fast, we had a bug where Vsync was effecting VR but that has been fixed now, so worth checking.

thanks

Fast is working nicely for me

Edit: in case it helps people here it is what I have additionally done. I am even running shadows in mp (medium) with min 45fps on the ground and up to 75-80 in the cockpit above 3000ft.

Possible soluiton to stutters and FPS in MP (and subsequently SP)? Let me know
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/topic?share_fid=74365&share_tid=257485&url=https://forums.eagle.ru/index.php?/topic/257485-Possible-soluiton-to-stutters-and-FPS-in-MP-%28and-subsequently-SP%29%3F-Let-me-know&share_type=t&link_source=app

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did MS get rid of Hardware Accelerated GPU Scheduling in recent Windows update?  I'm not seeing it in Graphic Settings anymore.  I am running Windows 10 Insider version 19042.685

NVM, figured it out.  I just rolled back Nvidia driver to 446.14 per SteamVR recommendation and this GPU Scheduling only works with driver 450 or later.

Edited by Taz1004

16 minutes ago, Taz1004 said:

I just rolled back Nvidia driver to 446.14 per SteamVR recommendation and this GPU Scheduling only works with driver 450 or later.

SteamVR recommendation?  Where did you see that?  That is a very old driver.

Just now, imacken said:

SteamVR recommendation?  Where did you see that?  That is a very old driver.

https://steamcommunity.com/games/250820

This is for 10xx and 20xx card only.  I did it because SteamVR was crashing a lot under MSFS and it did solve it.  And maybe it's placebo but seems to be stable and smoother for DCS too.