2.7.0.4625 Open Beta crash at second mission load

XPACT

Hello, for information here is the response from DCS support subject to the script file

Copy paste of the response from DCS support
Konstantin "MotorEAST" Kharin
Please delete all unofficial mods if you use it
and delete Scripts folder from  C:\Users\RogSimu\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\

Run cleanup and write the result
https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/support/faq/repair/#2463807

Best regards and many happy landings !
Konstantin "MotorEAST" Kharin
Eagle Dynamics IT Team

Alexander Maximov

Yes, I see you have an updated version of the driver. But ... please try to reinstall the driver "from scratch"
And still, delete (or move to another location) the scripts folder. This causes a lot of errors.

Regards,
Alexandr Maximov

My windows version

Script folder deleted open beta 2.7 Win8 mode, no crash for 5 days, I am in Windows 10 Professional version 20H2 Build of operating system 19042.985

Edited by RogSimu
  • Like 1

Good for you. But were you having the second mission loading crash?

If so, that's worth a shot for you guys: simply rename your "Saved Games\DCS...\Scripts" folder into "Scripts_backup" and see if you can reproduce the second mission loading crash.

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

Edit: nevermind, doesn't work.

Can anyone with an nVidia GPU try disabling Threaded Optimization and see if that does anything for 2nd mission crashes?

I have been having luck with it so far.

thop.png

Cheers

Edited by wowbagger

CPU:5600X | GPU:RTX2080 | RAM:32GB | Disk:860EVOm.2

4 hours ago, Flappie said:

I guess it doesn't mean much, then.

After I went to bed last night, I began wondering if Win10 would always give a "false positive". You wouldn't be clicking that button, after all, unless you were having issues. So, if it could find no "problem" it would recommend the last Win version as a potential solution anyway.

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

Any pattern across users with the Windows 10 Hardware Accelerated GPU Scheduling setting? Located in graphics options, requires a reboot after changing the setting.

12th Gen i7 12700K, MSI Z690 Edge mobo, 32 GB of DDR4-3600 RAM (G.Skill Ripjaws V CL16). 

Gigabyte RTX4080 Eagle OC (Triple Fan, 16GB VRAM), ACER XV322QU 32" IPS monitor (running 2560x1440).

2TB NVMe M.2 Internal SSD (3D TLC NAND PCIe Gen 4 x4).

Windows 11.

2 hours ago, Flappie said:

If so, that's worth a shot for you guys: simply rename your "Saved Games\DCS...\Scripts" folder into "Scripts_backup" and see if you can reproduce the second mission loading crash.

Yes, like many others, I had the second crash when loading, the reason for my contact with DCS support
Script folder deleted no more crashes DCS works in Beta 2.7 mode under Win 8 mode.
With the Sscript folder present crash and variable crash over time

Edited by RogSimu

• ED Team

Did you make backup? I'm interesting your scripts and want to send them to programmers in case of reproduce here.

Men may keep a sort of level of good, but no man has ever been able to keep on one level of evil. That road goes down and down.  
Можно держаться на одном уровне добра, но никому и никогда не удавалось удержаться на одном уровне зла. Эта дорога ведёт вниз и вниз.

G.K. Chesterton

DCS World 2.5: Часто задаваемые вопросы

After renaming the "Scripts" folder in Saved Game seems to fix the crash problem. Need more tests

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

14 hours ago, Flappie said:

I'm thinking about the Export.lua file. Can some of you please attach theirs? I'm looking for a common "hook" that might cause this crash. The file can be found here : "C:\Users\username\Saved Games\DCS..\Scripts\Export.lua".

Export.lua
There you go mate!

• Thanks 1

Modules: FC3, Mirage 2000C, Harrier AV-8B NA, F-5, AJS-37 Viggen, F-14B, F-14A, Combined Arms, F/A-18C, F-16C, MiG-19P, F-86, MiG-15, FW-190A, Spitfire Mk IX, UH-1 Huey, Su-25, P-51PD, Caucasus map, Nevada map, Persian Gulf map, Marianas map, Syria Map, Super Carrier, Sinai map, Mosquito, P-51, AH-64 Apache

1 hour ago, RogSimu said:

Yes, like many others, I had the second crash when loading, the reason for my contact with DCS support
Script folder deleted no more crashes DCS works in Beta 2.7 mode under Win 8 mode.
With the Sscript folder present crash and variable crash over time

What about without compatibility mode?

Modules: FC3, Mirage 2000C, Harrier AV-8B NA, F-5, AJS-37 Viggen, F-14B, F-14A, Combined Arms, F/A-18C, F-16C, MiG-19P, F-86, MiG-15, FW-190A, Spitfire Mk IX, UH-1 Huey, Su-25, P-51PD, Caucasus map, Nevada map, Persian Gulf map, Marianas map, Syria Map, Super Carrier, Sinai map, Mosquito, P-51, AH-64 Apache

Its very strange but i dont have a Scripts folder in C:\Users\username\Saved Games\DCS..\Scripts

PC: i7 9700K, 32 GB RAM, RTX 2080 SUPER, Tir 5, Hotas Warthog Throttle, VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Base with VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip, VKB-SIM T-RUDDER PEDALS MK.IV. Modules : NEVADA, F-5E, M-2000C, BF-109K4, A-10C, FC3, P-51D, MIG-21BIS, MI-8MTV2, F-86F, FW-190D9, UH-1H, L-39, MIG-15BIS, AJS37, SPITFIRE-MKIX, AV8BNA, PERSIAN GULF, F/A-18C HORNET, YAK-52, KA-50, F-14,SA342, C-101, F-16, JF-17, Supercarrier,I-16,MIG-19P, P-47D,A-10C_II

4 minutes ago, Flia said:

Its very strange but i dont have a Scripts folder in C:\Users\username\Saved Games\DCS..\Scripts

It's perfectly normal. It means you're not using any external scripts from mods.

@all: I think we can already conclude the second mission loading crash is not caused by a script from Export.lua, since some of you have no Export.lua file.

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

14 hours ago, Flappie said:

I'm thinking about the Export.lua file. Can some of you please attach theirs? I'm looking for a common "hook" that might cause this crash. The file can be found here : "C:\Users\username\Saved Games\DCS..\Scripts\Export.lua".

I don't have any Scripts directory there.

🖥️MSI PRO Z690-A DDR4, Kingston 3600 MHz 64 Gb, i5 12600K, Gigabyte RTX 4090, Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus,🕹️VKB NXT Premium.

8 minutes ago, petsild said:

I don't have any Scripts directory there.

If I understand correctly, RogSimu seems to have been getting the crash even with compatibility 8 mode enabled, and deleting the scripts folder fixed that. I may be wrong though.

CPU:5600X | GPU:RTX2080 | RAM:32GB | Disk:860EVOm.2

The last build changed something for me if I turn off compatibility mode.

Now DCS.exe freezes and I have to end the task 😂 manually.

🖥️MSI PRO Z690-A DDR4, Kingston 3600 MHz 64 Gb, i5 12600K, Gigabyte RTX 4090, Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus,🕹️VKB NXT Premium.

4 hours ago, Flappie said:

I don't have this "scripts" folder in saved games folder. Only in main folder on other drive where the game is installed.

2 hours ago, USSR_Rik said:

Did you make backup? I'm interesting your scripts and want to send them to programmers in case of reproduce here.

Although I'm not the person you were asking, I just started the sim with a new default Scripts folder and it crashed on the 2nd mission as it's been doing. I am NOT using any compatibility mode, however. If you should want them, though, I do have both the new and old folders.

EDIT: Just set the exe for Win8 compatibility and started the sim 3 times with no 2nd mission crash. I didn't delete any folders or files after my earlier crash and, so, this is a new experience for me. Previously, the crashes would continue unless I deleted the TEMP/DCS... and FXO folders.

Edited by Ironhand

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

I am another with this second mission crash. With the P-47 sometimes it would work with "fly again". With the F-14 always freezes.

Tried the Win 8 mode and no more crashes. Loading times a little longer but better than restarting computer.

9 hours ago, Lange_666 said:

Same here, after yesterdays update i did all i could find in here which generates a crash for people. No luck...☹️

I stay crash free.

BTW, i ran the Win 10 Compatibility Troubleshooter, also says it's best to use Win 8. However, Win 10 mode just runs fine.

Windows 10: 21H1 (latest)

nVidia: 457.30

I am new to this tread because I haven't had any issues. looked throught some posts and it seems as people that are getting the crash do have a mediocre GPUs like the AMD RX560. 

I have RTX3090 and I am completely crash free.

What GPU are you using?

Edited by BioZ

RTX2080 here and im Shift+R positive too 🙂

PC: i7 9700K, 32 GB RAM, RTX 2080 SUPER, Tir 5, Hotas Warthog Throttle, VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Base with VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip, VKB-SIM T-RUDDER PEDALS MK.IV. Modules : NEVADA, F-5E, M-2000C, BF-109K4, A-10C, FC3, P-51D, MIG-21BIS, MI-8MTV2, F-86F, FW-190D9, UH-1H, L-39, MIG-15BIS, AJS37, SPITFIRE-MKIX, AV8BNA, PERSIAN GULF, F/A-18C HORNET, YAK-52, KA-50, F-14,SA342, C-101, F-16, JF-17, Supercarrier,I-16,MIG-19P, P-47D,A-10C_II

6 minutes ago, BioZ said:

I am new to this tread because I haven't had any issues. looked throught some posts and it seems as people that are getting the crash do have a mediocre GPUs like the AMD RX560. 

I have RTX3090 and I am completely crash free.

What GPU are you using?

We have a wide range of GPUs both AMD and NVidia - mine is a ROG 2060 Super so should be fine

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal