2.7.0.4625 Open Beta crash at second mission load

XPACT

20 hours ago, hornblower793 said:

I have just managed to replicate by changing my SSAA value from off to 1.5 and then trying to fly a mission without restarting DCS - will report to the team

Issue should be fixed in the new hotfix just released so you can change the SSAA value and not need to restart DCS

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

9 minutes ago, hornblower793 said:

Issue should be fixed in the new hotfix just released so you can change the SSAA value and not need to restart DCS

Thanks for the quick patch! Good job ED

ASUS ROG STRIX Z490 F-GAMING | i7-10700K | RTX3090 TUF OC | 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz | Windows 10 64bit | Acer Predator X34P | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog | TM T.Flight Rudder Pedals

A-10C | A-10C II | F/A-18C | F-16C | FC3 | PG | Syria | SC

Home made F-16C simulator
Forum Thread: DCS World forum - The Viper Project - Home Cockpits Instagram: 1583142 copia.jpg The Viper Project YouTube youtube-icon-512x512-874lspju.png The Viper Project - Youtube channel

21 hours ago, hornblower793 said:

I think this is actually a different cause

Both of you have the following errors immediately before the crash which don't seem to have been in earlier crash logs I have seen (and certainly not in mine from previous crashes)

2021-06-02 15:02:59.963 ERROR   DX11BACKEND: Zero size of texture '_SSAO'!
2021-06-02 15:02:59.963 ERROR   DX11BACKEND: Zero size of texture '_SSAO_distance'!

Will check with the team

I think it is to do with changing the SSAO settings and then not restarting - I will have a quick try with mine and see if I can replicate

You're right, it never occurred again after the initial crash, which was after changing SSAO settings without a game restart.  Also FYI as of today's patch I have experienced no crashes. 

I'm still having the in game freeze whenever I select another client slot in the same mission (it happens on all missions) or launch the same mission a second time. 😔

++No mods installed++

Here attached the log.

dcs.log

Night Flier

_________________________________________________________________________________________

i7 9700K, MSI RTX 2080, 32GB RAM (3200 MHz), SSD m.2 1TB, Monitor 32'' WQHD 2560x1440, Windows 10 Pro

What does the screen say when it freezes (how far into mission loading have you got), and is it just with the F14?

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

1 hour ago, hornblower793 said:

What does the screen say when it freezes (how far into mission loading have you got), and is it just with the F14?

@hornblower793 I just did a Full Repair and tried (SP via ME, No Mods), the results are:

- Mix F-14: Freeze
- Mix F-16: No freeze, selected several time the same slot and no issues.
- Another Mix F-14: Freeze

The freeze usually comes the second time I launch the same mission, few times at the 3rd time.

As soon as I click FLY it freezes and after clicking somewhere on the screen it goes like the screenshot attached here.

PS: Just to clarify, it does it without exiting the mission but changing or reselecting the same client slot.

Capture.JPG

Edited by Night Flier

Night Flier

_________________________________________________________________________________________

i7 9700K, MSI RTX 2080, 32GB RAM (3200 MHz), SSD m.2 1TB, Monitor 32'' WQHD 2560x1440, Windows 10 Pro

9 minutes ago, Flappie said:

@Night Flier Please report here in F-14 subforum. There's something going on with the Tomcat and we now have proof it has nothing to do with the superbug which just got fixed. I've been having this freeze as well.

Done, thanks 😉

• Thanks 1

Night Flier

4 hours ago, Night Flier said:

@hornblower793 I just did a Full Repair and tried (SP via ME, No Mods), the results are:

- Mix F-14: Freeze
- Mix F-16: No freeze, selected several time the same slot and no issues.
- Another Mix F-14: Freeze

The freeze usually comes the second time I launch the same mission, few times at the 3rd time.

As soon as I click FLY it freezes and after clicking somewhere on the screen it goes like the screenshot attached here.

PS: Just to clarify, it does it without exiting the mission but changing or reselecting the same client slot.

Capture.JPG

Had this too with the F14,everything else seems to be all good.

Edited by DOBBO45
Grammar correction

1 hour ago, Blinde said:

+1 here too. F-14 crashes with 2nd time client.

Please could you report this here

It is a different crash issue from the graphics related one this thread was tracking

Please could people who are experiencing a hang / freeze when entering a second (or later) mission in the F-14 report it in this thread https://forums.eagle.ru/topic/269973-dcs-freeze-when-joining-rio/.

It is a different crash to the graphics related 2nd mission issue this thread was tracking

I did not have much time in the last days to properly test the new patch. But right now I feel the same optimism I had after using Win8-comp-mode for three days. 

But it only maybe 50+ reloads in 5 DCS-loadings, but up to now I had now crash of any sort (end of mission or on the load-screen). 

I hope it stays this way.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Wali763 said:

I did not have much time in the last days to properly test the new patch. But right now I feel the same optimism I had after using Win8-comp-mode for three days. 

But it only maybe 50+ reloads in 5 DCS-loadings, but up to now I had now crash of any sort (end of mission or on the load-screen). 

I hope it stays this way.

It should do, an issue was identified and fixed

Thanks for the good work. The latest OB seems to make things better.

• Like 2

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

Still crashing, but after 8-10 restarts.

My controls & seat

Main controls: , BRD-N v4 Flightstick (Kreml C5 controller), TM Warthog Throttle (Kreml F3 controller), BRD-F2 Restyling Bf-109 Pedals w. damper, TrackIR5, Gametrix KW-908 (integrated into RAV4 seat)

Stick grips:

Thrustmaster Warthog

Thrustmaster Cougar (x2)

Thrustmaster F-16 FLCS

BRD KG13

Standby controls:

BRD-M2 Mi-8 Pedals (Ruddermaster controller)

BRD-N v3 Flightstick w. exch. grip upgrade (Kreml C5 controller)

Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle

Pilot seat