Has something changed with the Litening TPOD?

imacken

Since 2.7, when I slew to a target and press TDC depress, no diamond appears any more.  Has something changed or is this a bug?

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Could it be a consequence of one of these items?

Changelog:

• Litening Targeting Pod:
  • Moving Target Lock Errors - Fixed
  • Added Yardstick Value for Targeting Pod
  • Adjust autotrack range
  • Adjust Track frame size
  • Designated with offset cursor has wrong elevation value - Fixed
  • Offset cursor should not be available in area track - Fixed
  • Snowplow up/down slew is reversed when tpod is pointing aft. - Fixed
  • Unable to un-designate in MEM mode - Fixed
  • After coming out of area or point track tgp will not slew - Fixed
  • Offset not ground stabilised when TDC depress is used - Fixed
  • Shows wrong azimuth values and inverts controls - Fixed
  • Does not create a designation when in a tracking mode - Fixed
  • FRZ changes exposure of the picture - Fixed
  • Litening: after switch to INR track after offset push FLIR LOS jumping crazily - Fixed
  • Reticle is not flashing during laser firing like LTD/R - Fixed
  • A/A Radar Slave mode doesn't work if you warm-up the TGP while in A/A - Fixed
  • Like 1

Virpil WarBRD | Thrustmaster Hornet Grip | Foxx Mount | Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle | Logitech G Throttle Quadrant | VKB T-Rudder IV | TrackIR 5

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | 32GB DDR4 3200 | SSD

I suspect not. It has always worked perfectly well, i.e. press TDC depress and target designate diamond appears on DDI. With 2.7, it doesn't, for me at least.  Seems kind of fundamental.

Try this mission.  Designate WP1, fine tune over the target with TPOD TDC and press TDC depress. No diamond appears any more for me.

Caucasus FA-18C AGM-65F Maverick Practice IGM.miz

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Yes, it does the normal area track, point track thing.  Offset works too.

Yes, but it should turn to a diamond whenever the TDC depress is pressed to designate the target.  It's just not doing that.

I even went back into the current release version just to check!

4 minutes ago, FoxOne007 said:

I recommend dropping the LITENING pod completely and use the ATFLIR instead, as you know, it was actually used by the Hornet and works a lot more natural

I like the litening more, additionally is the pod used by my country's hornets, so nope, dont think i will stop using it.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, FoxOne007 said:

I recommend dropping the LITENING pod completely and use the ATFLIR instead, as you know, it was actually used by the Hornet and works a lot more natural

Doesn't mean the the Litening POD should stop working!

If no one has answer, I think I'll post a bug on this.

• Like 7

Please, go ahead and post a bug. 

I downloaded the new update and flew a mission attempting to JDAMs.  As noted, targeting pod would not lock up the target.  I returned to base, rearmed with JSOWs and few to the target zone.  Just as with JDAM, the targeting pod would not lock up the target!. 

So, for me, I designate a WP and I see a Diamond in the FLIR. I slew, and, like you, hitting TDC Down doesn't give me a Diamond, but it DOES seem to update the designation. If I go SSS right twice to Point Track, TDC DOWN and then SSS right again, it gives me the Diamond.

As I said, though it did SEEM to update the Designation upon SLEW-->TDC DOWN even though the diamond did not show up. At least the AGM-65F snapped to the new point. Interestingly when I did SSS LEFT to the MAVERICK page, the diamond appeared in the FLIR!

Agreed it is probably a bug.

One of the generic sim updates was "

Input. Target designator analog axis has a big deadzone in the center - corrected.

This might affect the Hornet TDC.  Several people in these forums have had problems designating targets in the Viper and Hornet due to barely perceptible noise in their input axes.  They fixed it by adding a little deadzone to the TDC slew axes.  See if a deadzone brings your diamond back.

"Subsonic is below Mach 1, supersonic is up to Mach 5. Above Mach 5 is hypersonic. And reentry from space, well, that's like Mach a lot."

I've put this up as a bug here Litening POD won't show locked target diamond after 2.7 update - Bugs - ED Forums (eagle.ru) 

No attention to it so far!

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

It has been corrected in this week’s patch!

• Thanks 1

Hello guys, could you please check my attempts to track a moving target? There are two attempts. One is before and one after the last update. I just cannot lock it. I playing with the contrast / brightness. I think the target is pretty visible. I was able to lock them for a very short period, but then the TGP lost the lock (I was not tweak the TDC depress). BTW I have no issue during the day operations. Here is the video. There are bookmarks in the timeline.

Cheers.  

1 hour ago, RoGaR said:

Hello guys, could you please check my attempts to track a moving target?

This is propably related to an already reported issue:

• Thanks 1

[Modules] A-10C, A-10C II, AH-64D, F-14A/B, F-16C, F/A-18C, FC3, Ka-50, P-51D, UH-1H, CA, SC
[Maps] PG, NTTR, Normandy, Sinai, Syria, TC

[OS] Windows 11 Pro
[PC] MSI Pro Z790-A, i9-13900K, 64 GB DDR5-5200, RTX 4090 24 GB GDDR6X, 2 x SSD 990 PRO 2 TB (M.2), Corsair 5000D Airflow, HX1500i, H150i RGB Elite, Acer X28, TM HOTAS Warthog (Grip@WarBRD Base), MS SW FFB2, Thrustmaster TFRP, TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro
[Checklists] A-10C, F-16C, F/A-18C, AH-64D, Ka-50, UH-1H