Heatblur Update - Supersize Me & Public Roadmap

37 minutes ago, Spurts said:

Thanks for the update.  I didn't realize the Israelis were still so heavily gun focused that late.   

Israeli pilot Aluf Eitan Ben Eliyahu: June 27 1979 over Lebanon, while flying an F-15 Eagle as part of a 4 ship formation, he shot down a Syrian MiG 21 with the M61 cannon scoring the first recorded guns kill (the 3rd air to air kill) for the F-15.

i remember seeing an interview with him. he was a fighter pilot to the core. he felt a certain satisfaction for using the gun. i guess a more personal kill.

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

18 hours ago, Spurts said:

I knew about that F-15 kill, there was also an AIM-7 and AIM-9 kill in that same engagement.

i believe the israelis had a home grown IR missile also that started for the mirage iii. python (Shafrir ?). i think mainly because at the time the aim-9 sucked bad. although they are on the list of aim-9 operators.

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

14 minutes ago, silverdevil said:

i believe the israelis had a home grown IR missile also that started for the mirage iii. python (Shafrir ?). i think mainly because at the time the aim-9 sucked bad. although they are on the list of aim-9 operators.

Shafrir 1, 2, and then continues as the Pyton family from 3 to 5. Shafrir 1 was apparently a reaaaly bad missile, mostly made to reduce foreign dependency, but the rest of the family are very scary missiles.

• Like 1

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

• 3 weeks later...

I saw some threads that mentioned about F-14D super tomcat (I forgot how we ended the topic), but I hope that HB can start a new F-14D module based on the F-14B development in the future?

If I recalled correctly some of data about F-14D may be unavailable, I am wondering that can we implement something if we know already on the top of F-14B, is it possible?  This will be a long way to go...

Thanks.

Dell XPS 9730, i9-13900H, DDR5 64GB, Discrete GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4080, 1+2TB M.2 SSD, TM HOTAS Warthog/TPR, TKIR5/TrackClipPro, Win 11 Pro

"everyone" who flies the tomcat may WANT the F-14D, but most of us have listened to HB in their explanations about the documents they would need and are unable to get and why they are unwilling to cut corners to fake it.

• Like 3

• Cobra847 unpinned this topic
  • 3 weeks later...
On 7/27/2022 at 9:52 AM, speed-of-heat said:

no not everyone...

The same here; for me much of the Tomcat 'charisma' comes from its archaic HUD symbology, avionics and 'pure' Aerial warfare role.

However, to each his own, so I can understand that many people also appreciate the F-14D variant.

• Like 2

Hangar
FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C | MiG-21bis | Mirage 2000C ... ... JA 37 | Kfir | MiG-23 | Mirage IIIE
Mi-8 MTV2

system
i7-4790 K , 16 GB DDR3 , GTX 1660 Ti 6GB , Samsung 860 QVO 1TB

15 hours ago, Top Jockey said:

The same here; for me much of the Tomcat 'charisma' comes from its archaic HUD symbology, avionics and 'pure' Aerial warfare role.

However, to each his own, so I can understand that many people also appreciate the F-14D variant.

and the rattle sounds in the cockpit while maneuvering. 🙂

• Like 1

1 minute ago, silverdevil said:

That's probably more artistic rather than realistic but the D would rattle the same.

• Like 1

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

5 minutes ago, silverdevil said:

Do you mean rattle from moving the throttle grip and such ?

Regarding sounds, a little note to the devs - I recall from another Tomcat PC sim (from mid 90's) :

- when pulling high G's at a somewhat high speed ( above 400 kts IAS ? ), it was possible to hear a distinct metallic creak from the outside;

- that creak had roughly 2 seconds duration, I suppose it could be wing flex / variable sweep mechanisms working ?

It did add to the immersion factor.

Hangar
FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C | MiG-21bis | Mirage 2000C ... ... JA 37 | Kfir | MiG-23 | Mirage IIIE
Mi-8 MTV2

system

3 hours ago, Top Jockey said:

when pulling high G's at a somewhat high speed ( above 400 kts IAS ? ), it was possible to hear a distinct metallic creak from the outside

You can hear it from the cockpit in HB's F-14 and it represents the structural stress.

Edited by draconus

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

34 minutes ago, draconus said:

You can hear it from the cockpit in HB's F-14 and it represents the structural stress.

Really ?

Never noticed it ... is there a folder where that sound is, so I can listen it ?

Hangar
Mi-8 MTV2

system

4 hours ago, Top Jockey said:

Never noticed it ... is there a folder where that sound is, so I can listen it ?

You never pulled Gs in the Tomcat?!

DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\F14\Sounds\Effects\Aircrafts\Damage

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, draconus said:

You never pulled Gs in the Tomcat?!

DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\F14\Sounds\Effects\Aircrafts\Damage

Thank you @draconus,

You nailed it - there it is: "SevereAirframeStress". 

Believe me; I bought the HB F-14 in 2019, I have more than 200 flight hours in it, and never, ever managed to hear that sound.

In game (external) sounds I notice easily :

- engines

- canopy open / close

- gun / missile launch

- enemy aircraft exploding / being hit by missile (if very close)

- own aircraft being hit by bullets or missiles

- landings

- etc...

... but the airframe stress sound, I never noticed.

Should I get the "external environment" sounds higher at the options ?

Strange thing also, the main menu game window F-14 wallpaper doesn't have music either when all my ohter modules do have ?

Hangar
Mi-8 MTV2

system

48 minutes ago, Top Jockey said:

In game (external) sounds I notice easily :

[...]

... but the airframe stress sound, I never noticed.

I specifically said "You can hear it from the cockpit". I doubt it would be possible to be heard externally (maybe with engines off) or if it is even added to external sounds.

Edited by draconus

7 minutes ago, draconus said:

I specifically said "You can hear it from the cockpit". I doubt it would be possible to be heard externally (maybe with engines off) or if it is even added to external sounds.

I didn't explain myself correctly then.

I'm not trying to listen the sounds from the external views (F2).

I only refered to them as "external", as I imagine that just like them, the airframe stress sound is a sound made in the "exterior" of the cockpit (made by the airframe itself).

Which, I expect to listen from the cockpit obviously... just like the others I mentioned.

Hangar
Mi-8 MTV2

system

37 minutes ago, Top Jockey said:

I only refered to them as "external", as I imagine that just like them, the airframe stress sound is a sound made in the "exterior" of the cockpit (made by the airframe itself).

Which, I expect to listen from the cockpit obviously... just like the others I mentioned.

OK, understood.

Ok, turning up the general volume (first slider), I was able to hear the airframe stress sound in the background.

However the sound itself is very background, and is greatly muffled by the engines sound.

Is there any way to increase the airframe stress volume itself (editing some file) ?

Thank you.

Hangar
Mi-8 MTV2

system

• 1 year later...

Hello again, 

Still can't notice this sound "F14 severe aiframe stress" while on gamming - absolutelly nothing, I know my PC sound set is an old piece of crap however.

Can anyone share some advice on how to edit this file to increse the volume a little bit ?

Thank you.

Hangar
Mi-8 MTV2

system