DCS: Black Shark English Key Command List and HOTAS assignments

Wags

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it is of any help to anyone, I've merged Russian and English keycommands list to use them as a crosscheck reference :)

xls file attached

Thanks Renato, that will help me, if I`m able to get the russian version.:thumbup:

Deutsche DCS-Flughandbücher

SYSSpecs: i7-4790K @4GHz|GA-Z97X-SLI|16GB RAM|ASUS GTX1070|Win10 64bit|TrackIR5|TM Warthog/Saitek Pro Pedals

I was kind of waiting to do my G15 setup till I had my pit programed. But looks like you expect trobble :doh: lol

Home built PC Win 10 Pro 64bit, MB ASUS Z170 WS, 6700K, EVGA 1080Ti Hybrid, 32GB DDR4 3200, Thermaltake 120x360 RAD, Custom built A-10C sim pit, TM WARTHOG HOTAS, Cougar MFD's, 3D printed UFC and Saitek rudders. HTC VIVE VR.

https://digitalcombatmercenaries.enjin.com/

Well, I have a weird problem on my X52, when I try to assign for example CTRL+ALT+O then it's not reconised by the Saitek Profiler, but with CTRL+ALT+Z it works fine...!

Any idea ?

EDIT : I found solution by myself: the Driver and SST software needs to be updated to have these keys work, but the profiles are not compatible between the "old" and "new" version of driver and SST.

Edited by Xjikz

Proud to be a [sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] :joystick::pilotfly::book:

Polish Key Command List

Polish Key Command List:

http://www.zshare.net/download/501976406ea95aea/

Translated by:

Kusch

John Cool

Schmicht

Moderator stick this keykommand in first Wags post in this thread:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=32467

...or post new sticky thread- "other country language key Command"

Give me "flying telephone pole" (SA-2)!

- Can asign Search Light to Microstick of Cougar?

- I can use variables to control. That is, I can tell you that, to select All Hardpoints, it works when you release the button of my T8 Cougar?

- Can use S3 of Cougar for SHIFT fuction?

All this directly into the BS, without using the Foxy's Cougar.

Thanks and sorry for my english.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Cavallers del Cel - Comunintat Catalana de Simulació http://www.cavallersdelcel.cat

This might be a dumb question, but I'm gonna ask it anyways. :)

Since the cockpit is fully clickable, theoreticly you would'nt need to map anything to the hotas except simple stuff. Is this a correct statement?

I guess what I'm getting at is; If you map the cabin light, for example, to a hotas button, would there be no need to use the mouse to flick switches? Doesn't mapping everything defeat the purpose of having a clickable cockpit? lol

Normally what I'd wanna have on a HOTAS is things I'd need in combat... anything that's required for startup, setting up avionics etc I'd not map to HOTAS. Weapons and targetting systems I would wanna have programmed into HOTAS.

Different people however have different concepts and what works for me does not neccesserily work for others :)

No longer active in DCS...

Gonna be taking Matt's advice :joystick:

" If you have a programmable control stick at home, you may wish to program it to match these settings."

As per the Word Doc in post #1 of the thread......

Edited by 159th_Viper

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Same as Kuky.

To me, most imporant things goes onto the stick like weapon swithcing, shkval slewing/zooming, trims, ECM and all the rest that is used when flying and fighting. But i flip the switches with my mouse when i startup and shut down. Ofcourse with a 3 mode joystick you could have most things on there, but it would be, to me, a bit far fetched to learn in all those buttons, cause lets face it, its fun flipping switches with the mouse! At least at this level of realism in graphics. That pit is... Magnificent. :)

EDIT: Forgot to say that with several modes HOTAS (X45, X52 Saitek for example) you can have take off and landing procedure on the stick ofcourse. Like gears, flaps & airbrakes (umm maybe not in BS, but...), landing lights, wipers etc etc.

Edited by deviletk

Regards

Alex "Snuffer" D.

AMD FX8350 (8 core) 4.1GHZ ::: 8GB Dominator 1600mhz ::: GTX660 2GB ::: 2xHD ::: 24" ASUS

This might be a dumb question, but I'm gonna ask it anyways. :)

Since the cockpit is fully clickable, theoreticly you would'nt need to map anything to the hotas except simple stuff. Is this a correct statement?

I guess what I'm getting at is; If you map the cabin light, for example, to a hotas button, would there be no need to use the mouse to flick switches? Doesn't mapping everything defeat the purpose of having a clickable cockpit? lol

Unless you have a cockpit with switches and buttons to program them to. :smilewink:

:joystick:

Same as Kuky.

To me, most imporant things goes onto the stick like weapon swithcing, shkval slewing/zooming, trims, ECM...

BTW, in the real thing, the ECM (chaff/flares) are not on the stick. The pilot has to reach up to the right overhead panel to the hit the button. I couldn't believe this at first--but after flying for awhile it makes sense. The dispenser is programmable--and pushing the button starts a sequence of flares/chaff. When entering a "hot" area--just hit the button once, and that's one less thing to worry about while you're in, or over the target area. The flares dispense continuously, per your custom program.

Same here, I have a X52 vanilla and I don't use SST anymore. I only map things that I need for combat and flying, though on the real collective there are some things that I really don't need on my HOTAS like search light steering and rotor RPM governor readjustment. The only things that I added which are not on the flight controls of the real thing is the CM dispense button (the red one on the UV-26 panel) and the laser warning system reset button. Those two you'll definitely need on your HOTAS. I still have a lot of buttons, slider, rotators that I haven't assigned anything to, just no need. I'll share my mapping when I get back.

Edited by =RvE=Tito

"See, to me that's a stupid instrument. It tells what your angle of attack is. If you don't know you shouldn't be flying." - Chuck Yeager, from the back seat of F-15D at age 89.

=RvE=