@Enigma89 gday sir, question about track files - looking back at my tracks it appears as of October whenever I am on the Cold War server I can't get a local track file. its a tiny 1.8mb file with the mission options but sadly I can't replay my track file as my flight data is not stored there. Anything I am missing in settings, or custom settings for ECW, as I would love to do some cinematic missile hits etc.. but just have to rely on my VR capture. 

seems like back in october or so I had local track files then not, or rather a small mission track file rather then my flight track file. i checked and I do get regular track files from all other servers, and there is no disk space issue on the drive.

cheers!

Plas

On 12/23/2023 at 12:56 AM, plasma1945 said:

@Enigma89 gday sir, question about track files - looking back at my tracks it appears as of October whenever I am on the Cold War server I can't get a local track file. its a tiny 1.8mb file with the mission options but sadly I can't replay my track file as my flight data is not stored there. Anything I am missing in settings, or custom settings for ECW, as I would love to do some cinematic missile hits etc.. but just have to rely on my VR capture. 

seems like back in october or so I had local track files then not, or rather a small mission track file rather then my flight track file. i checked and I do get regular track files from all other servers, and there is no disk space issue on the drive.

cheers!

Plas

By track files you mean the local replays that are saved in your dcs folder? If so, we aren't (and can't afaik) do anything to stop you from getting those. So if they are not populating then I am not sure why?

Edited by Enigma89

JTAC with combined arms: F10 shows only friendly aircraft.

Is there a way to actually be in AWACS \ GCI role and see what friendly radars are seeing? Would the same be with LotAtc?

On 1/3/2024 at 1:27 AM, Felidae said:

Hi. 

When J-8pp is added to the modules. Will it be considered as an cold war era plane?

Thanks.

We will answer this when it has a release date

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

What would cause me to receive this while trying to connect to Enigma Discord?

image.png

• Like 1

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

Can´t Join Discord Server.

Hey guys. Sadly i´m unable to join enigmas discord server. I tried every option the internet offers to solve this problem - but nothing works out. 😞

The last option that remains is that i´m (for some reason) banned from the server. I´ve never joined this server and i´m a really friendly person 🙂

So if any of the mods or maybe even enigma himself reads this message i would be really really thankfull if you can help me out with my problem! 🙂

My Discord Name is "loggasnien"

Best wishes, Lukas

1 hour ago, Loggas said:

Can´t Join Discord Server.

Hey guys. Sadly i´m unable to join enigmas discord server. I tried every option the internet offers to solve this problem - but nothing works out. 😞

The last option that remains is that i´m (for some reason) banned from the server. I´ve never joined this server and i´m a really friendly person 🙂

So if any of the mods or maybe even enigma himself reads this message i would be really really thankfull if you can help me out with my problem! 🙂

My Discord Name is "loggasnien"

Best wishes, Lukas

It would help to know what message you’re seeing when trying to login

2 hours ago, Cab said:

It would help to know what message you’re seeing when trying to login

Same as above, "unable to accept invite" or "no longer valid". I have the same problem, all known invitation links seem to be not working anymore.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Maximo said:

- Ramming other aircraft. Whether deliberate or not, having no ammo/low on fuel/’cornered like a rat’ where you can’t get away due to multiple enemy aircraft, etc. should be a mandatory (3-day?) ban from ECW Server if you ram another aircraft. Penalty should be more than some attrition / push point penalty. I don’t know – three day Server ban? This was deliberately down recently by a very well respected Server pilot who admitted in the tab chat to the following reasons for ramming a Mig-21 -” I was out of ammo so I rammed you...”  I know this is difficult to enforce. 

There’s a lot to argue against in your list, but this one made me chuckle. I have never understood why some people get so worked up over getting rammed. 

Overall I’d suggest you should just start your own server. 

Nope, I get the same message

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

Discord SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKS

There's already a forum post here.  Why not use that?  Why does everything have to be more complicated and not work nowadays?  [/grumpy old man]

Same goes for voice chat.  I already had to download SRS because the VoIP in DCS is (still) a joke, but I bought a flight sim, so I'm going to use the radio in game, not your stupid discord.  It's unnecessary.  It is the QR code menu of DCS.  Oh, and the invite link still doesn't work.

1 more time for the kids in the back:  Discord is a pile of hot garbage.

Edited by SickSidewinder9
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, SickSidewinder9 said:

Discord SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKS

There's already a forum post here.  Why not use that?  Why does everything have to be more complicated and not work nowadays?  [/grumpy old man]

Same goes for voice chat.  I already had to download SRS because the VoIP in DCS is (still) a joke, but I bought a flight sim, so I'm going to use the radio in game, not your stupid discord.  It's unnecessary.  It is the QR code menu of DCS.  Oh, and the invite link still doesn't work.

1 more time for the kids in the back:  Discord is a pile of hot garbage.

I have to agree that Discord is awful and I also refuse to use it due to their business model involving datamining, spyware and security issues.  I simply can't sign up to their customer user agreement.  Moreover, I find their user interface childish and infantilising.

I too wish that this forum thread was used more.

Happy landings,

Talisman

Edited by Talisman_VR
  • Like 2

Bell_UH-1 side.png

image.png

29 minutes ago, Talisman_VR said:

I have to agree that Discord is awful and I also refuse to use it due to their business model involving datamining, spyware and security issues.  I simply can't sign up to their customer user agreement.  Moreover, I find their user interface childish and infantilising.

I too wish that this forum thread was used more.

Happy landings,

Talisman

Yeah.  Discord.  It's almost a shame pretty much every squad/MP server uses it, because I'll only go there for things that have no other solution, like ordering the backplane for a FCP.  The S/N ratio is asymptotic to Kindercare as often as not.  Discord changes the value metric for a lot of things, but being somewhat non-social (for very large values of 'somewhat') that's not necessarily a bad thing.

• Like 3

On 1/29/2024 at 12:47 AM, Enigma89 said:

Does this one work for you?

https://discord.gg/enigma89

Here's how I finally managed to join: my account didn't have an age set, and this is difficult to see in the discord app. Go to your profile settings and select "Family Center"... if no age was ever set for the account, it will just ask for the age. After confirming that you are a grown-up, you should be able to join the server immediately, no further settings required. Let me know if this solves the issue for any of the others!

• Like 2

That was it, thanks!

1 hour ago, SeaBass80 said:

Here's how I finally managed to join: my account didn't have an age set, and this is difficult to see in the discord app. Go to your profile settings and select "Family Center"... if no age was ever set for the account, it will just ask for the age. After confirming that you are a grown-up, you should be able to join the server immediately, no further settings required. Let me know if this solves the issue for any of the others!

Didn't know that was even a thing!  Nice catch given the complete absence of anything resembling a useful error message!

The problem solved itself, though.  Apparently exporting RWRs to a 4th MFD gives me an unfair competitive advantage; of course I need all the advantages I can get flying against MP pros, but I don't want to be unfair about it!