Forum Maintenance between 04:00 - 06:00 UTC ×
Forum Maintenance between 04:00 - 06:00 UTC

Release by end of Q1 2022

xavnl

In my virtual world, I need to place an order for virtual JP-4 and JP-8 for the Apache.  I place my virtual request for the Apache's virtual fuel with the virtual POL detachment.   My virtual fuel team is on standby and is ready to have my chopper fueled before I step into the cockpit.

In the meantime, the virtual fuel team will be waiting.  Not sure for how many more days, though.

MFT.

Edited by Mike Force Team

20 hours ago, Dangerzone said:

The bit that concerns me the most is steam. It wouldn't surprise me if that takes a week or more alone in itself to get organised (although I, like everyone else are hoping that we're talking a matter of days, not weeks). 

What makes you say that? ED already have the product set up in Steam (else you would not have been able to pre-purchase it), supplied all the materials (images, ratings, links, information) and have passed Store Muster. They very likely also have distributed pre-release versions through Steam's beta program to their closed tester group (not to be confused with the open beta DCS) to test distribution and "DCS Steam" compatibility. "All" that needs to be done when the final version is done is an upload to steam, and a click on the 'publish' button. Also, that is completely independent from the non-steam version. So I doubt that a Steam Release (even if delayed) will hold up the "ED release". I wager that the time that elapses between the ED- and Steam version drops can be best measured in minutes, perhaps hours at most (I'd be surprised if ED's toolchain doesn't support multi-target builds, so they produce multiple versions simultaneously; it's certainly something that any quality/product manager would install asap). 

Personally, my biggest concern when the Apache becomes available is you guys who will clog the pipes and prevent poor little me from getting my fingers on those bits and bytes 🙂 

• Like 2

Being 'golden' I hope that ED can finally remove the watermarks with 'work in progress' on their screenshots so I can save them as some awesome wallpapers 🙂

13900@5.8Ghz, Asus TUF 4090 OC, 64GB@6400mhz DDR5, 4K, TrackIR 5, Tobii, Virpil CM2, CM3
F-15E | F-16C | F/A-18C | A-10C | A-10C II | AV-8B | AH-64D |  MI-24P | MI-8 | BS 2 | UH-1H | Mosquito | BF 109 | Spitfire | P-47D | CA | SC | WWII AP

1 hour ago, cfrag said:

Personally, my biggest concern when the Apache becomes available is you guys who will clog the pipes and prevent poor little me from getting my fingers on those bits and bytes 🙂 

"This part is definitely happening." - Wash, Serenity

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

after they have continued to raise the hype for months, after they announced the release in December then postponed, now I believe that once they have reached the gold stage they can also give us a release date ..we all understand everything, we users, but now they might as well indulge ...

12 minutes ago, giullep said:

after they have continued to raise the hype for months, after they announced the release in December then postponed, now I believe that once they have reached the gold stage they can also give us a release date ..we all understand everything, we users, but now they might as well indulge ...

Why all the obsession over a release date? I honestly don't get it.. 🤷‍♂️

Is it because you want to take a few days off when it releases and have to plan that with your boss (the missus 😅)? If so, is it really that big a deal to plan in a few days off as soon as the module is released? It might have you wait a few days before you have time to play, but is that such a big issue after waiting for all these months?

• Like 1

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

7 minutes ago, Smudooo said:

Yes, it is.

Really?

No offence mate, but you sound like my 4yo daughter 😅

• Like 2

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

14 minutes ago, sirrah said:

Really?

No offence mate, but you sound like my 4yo daughter 😅

Your 4yo daughter is into DCS already??

• Like 2

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

• ED Team
1 hour ago, giullep said:

Patch date is not just about one module, we have the whole of DCS world and third party modules to check.
As soon as we are happy we are ready for a patch I will update the patch status post and let you all know. 

thanks

• Like 5

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

42 minutes ago, QuiGon said:

Your 4yo daughter is into DCS already??

Fortunately not, as she couldn't by the love of it handle the delays and be cranky all the time 😋

Edited by sirrah

System specs:

would be bad if it was offensive to compare me to your daughter.

And the other reason is, that people get hyped. for a good reason. dont you get it? why are people so limited when it comes to understanding other people who see it differently?

3 minutes ago, Smudooo said:

would be bad if it was offensive to compare me to your daughter.

And the other reason is, that people get hyped. for a good reason. dont you get it? why are people so limited when it comes to understanding other people who see it differently?

Ok, sorry for being "limited" I guess.. By all means, don't let me hold you back any further, in continuing asking ED for a release date :thumbup:

(are we there yet? are we there yet? are we there yet? :music_whistling:)

• Like 1

System specs:

3 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

Patch date is not just about one module, we have the whole of DCS world and third party modules to check.
As soon as we are happy we are ready for a patch I will update the patch status post and let you all know. 

thanks

MUM !!!!!!

BIGNEWY says the Apache is READY, but we're just waiting on other modules.......................................................... 😆😛😛😛😛😛

Edited by MrReynolds