Release by end of Q1 2022

xavnl

• ED Team
2 minutes ago, Jarhead0331 said:

I'm talking about the next open beta update. The Apache release is clearly holding that up, no?

All is going as planned, testing is going well. When we are ready to give you the date for the next patch I will update the patch status forum post.

thanks

• Thanks 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Any day now - there will be, my guess is about 77k Apache pilots flying around, eyeball firing a gun, missing their targets with rockets and saying awesome at around the exact same time.   

Wonder what the servers will look like - a bunch of Hind, Huey and HIP pilots waiting for Apaches to go to sleep for an open slot. 😉 

• Like 2

i7-12700k, 32GB Ram, RTX 3060 12GB, TrackIR 5, Lots of SSD Space, etc etc

DCS World - All the cool modules

When the south Atlantic map is available, we can fly the apache in this theater. 

I know it rains alot in the falkland islands. When the apache is flying in rain, I wonder if the windshield shows the wiper blades actually clearing rain. Time will reveal if this is modeled.

And now to the Persian Gulf. We could potentially use the chopper to attack hostile drilling platforms. The bad guys are using captured drilling platforms to launch hostile gunboats to attack friendly shipping or allied planes.

Edited by Mike Force Team
  • Like 3

Coming this Friday it seems 😉 or... later tonight?

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

Pity that it's the first time they've made a big deal about a module going gold, so we don't know how long that final stretch usually takes them. 🙂 

Also, talk about a blast from the past, I don't think I've ever heard the term used in context of an ongoing project. These days, it's usually "this beta is good enough, let's have a release party!" 🙂 

Since ED pushed back the Apache's release a few times, it sounds like they wanted to be extra, extra, extra certain it would work properly. ED's folks do not want to spend time answering the complaints because they did not vet the Apache.  As for the follow-up information recently, it sounds like the Apache is about to give live in about two weeks or less. In the meantime, all we can do is wait.  When ED releases the Apache, they might also announce new planes or maps.  This is my opinion, of course.

MFT

Hurray! It has gone "gold"!

"Whining minority", I think I need to tm this one. 😛

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

The contents of DCS World are so overwhelming to me: so many things to try, so many things to revisit. For now, whining about new products being late does not make much sense.

Great news! And tomorrow or the day after my collective and base plus WH extension from Virpil arrive. Enough time to get everything set up and start getting a feeling with the Huey. Exciting times...  well, mostly. 😕

Z390 MB | i7-8700k | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB m.2 NVME | 1TB SATA SSD | AsRock 6900XT | PowerMac G5 Case Mod | HP Reverb G2 | AKG K500 | TM Warthog | Virpil TCS Rotor Base w/ Constellation Alpha | Virpil MongoosT CM2 base w/ MongooseT grip (soon) | MFG Crosswind pedals | 3x TM Cougar MFDs

• ED Team
7 minutes ago, MasterZ said:

"Going Gold" doesn't carry any weight when they've never used this term before. That could mean tomorrow or Mar 31..... who knows other than ED. 

Wow, buzzkill. I mean come on guys, this is good news, the code is locked, final tests are being done. Be happy, its ok. We have NOT said this yet for the AH-64D, its in the home stretch now.

• Like 17

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Remember this is just EA, but at least we can get our hands on the Longbow, with only laser hellfires. 😄

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

The contents of DCS World are so overwhelming to me: so many things to try, so many things to revisit. For now, whining about new products being late does not make much sense.

17 minutes ago, NineLine said:

Wow, buzzkill. I mean come on guys, this is good news, the code is locked, final tests are being done. Be happy, its ok. We have NOT said this yet for the AH-64D, its in the home stretch now.

WHY, WHY, WHY must you tease me like this 🤣

Really looking forward to it, hope it comes whilst I'm still of work 😛

Edited by jonsky7

soooo if there is no issues, friday might be the day!

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

It doesn't have to be "rest of the patch"

they can add a module without a comprehensive patch

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5