Release by end of Q1 2022

xavnl

Just now, davidrbarnette said:

Definitely the most anticipated rotary wing module.

So what is everyone’s consensus? Wednesday?

That would be great. Maybe ED is dyslexic and meant today XD. But we can only speculate. Like I said, best to go with March 31st and hope that it's earlier.  

Myself, I think we'll get it next week, assuming nothing happens that would roll the "gold" status back. I suspect the dev team would love to get back to, you know, developing it. There's precious little you can do in a total freeze like this, even if you find an issue during last minute testing, you're no longer allowed to patch it until post-release unless there's a CTD/BSOD/exploding hardware-level bug. Apache, as it is today, is as done as it's going to be when we get it. 

Right now, it's not about the Apache, it's about the patch. And that patch has also been delayed enough. Of course, it is huge, and likely will require hotfixes even with extensive testing, but at some point you have to call a freeze on that, too. 

hace 8 minutos, Dragon1-1 dijo:

Myself, I think we'll get it next week, assuming nothing happens that would roll the "gold" status back. I suspect the dev team would love to get back to, you know, developing it. There's precious little you can do in a total freeze like this, even if you find an issue during last minute testing, you're no longer allowed to patch it until post-release unless there's a CTD/BSOD/exploding hardware-level bug. Apache, as it is today, is as done as it's going to be when we get it. 

Right now, it's not about the Apache, it's about the patch. And that patch has also been delayed enough. Of course, it is huge, and likely will require hotfixes even with extensive testing, but at some point you have to call a freeze on that, too. 

They have not issued a specific date. If it could be released next week, then why would they not give us a tangible date? For this reason, I believe that the day and the time of the release of the module will be 31 March, 2022, 23:59:59 ( if they do not announce any additional delays ). 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OfficerBull said:

It is a pretty popular topic. Possibly the most popular/anticipated rotary wing module in DCS.  

The most eagerly awaited/anticipated module, by far, i mean super far, from any other. Even if you have no interest in rotary-wing aircraft, this one make you have some.

2 hours ago, Mike Force Team said:

@El buscador de la verdad I read your frustration. I sympathize and echo similar frustration.  We paid for the apache but experience frustration when the release date is changed because the finished product is not meeting performance standards. 

While we can express our frustrations in a respectful way, all we can do is wait. 

When feeling frustration, channel that energy into something positive that you will likely enjoy in the near future. You can write a draft for a mission or campaign that uses the apache. You plan out the mission goal, personnel needed, length of campaign or mission, and the location of the mission.   Save the information on a Word document. When the apache is finally available, you are better positioned to share a pre-planned mission.  Be sure to include the back story, add graphics, and anything else that comes to mind.

Use other planes or choppers you have to fly, which might inspire you for additional future events. Additionally, look to worldly events for more inspiration. 

MFT

On 3/10/2022 at 10:12 AM, hotrod525 said:

1212.jpg

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, El buscador de la verdad said:

They have not issued a specific date. If it could be released next week, then why would they not give us a tangible date? For this reason, I believe that the day and the time of the release of the module will be 31 March, 2022, 23:59:59 ( if they do not announce any additional delays ). 

Dude. Let it be already. 🤨

• Like 1

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

As I can see on the Wags YT channel right now, he's got already one new video for us but he didn't reveal it yet. 🙂  What could it be? George AI? Cold start? ... Who knows, who knows...😏

Spoiler

obrazek.png

Edited by MrSmithCZ

Current HW:

• AMD Ryzen 9 5900X | Be quiet! Dark Rock 4 | Sapphire Radeon RX 7900 XTX 24GB | 64GB (2x32GB) DDR4 @ 3600Mhz
  • GIGABYTE X570 AORUS PRO | Seasonic Prime GX-850 |Samsung 970 EVO 1TB | Samsung SSD 970 EVO 250GB | Samsung SSD 850 EVO 120GB | Samsung 870 EVO 1TB
  • Logitech X52 Pro HOTAS + Pedals |Meta Quest 3 | Tobbi Eye Tracker 5 | Opentrack with PS3 Eye + Clip | Primary: 28" ASUS TUF Gaming VG289Q; Secondary: 28" iiyama G-Master GB2888UHSU (both 3840 x 2160, 60Hz, 4K)

DCS Modules (all on Steam):

• F/A-18C | F-16C | L-39 | A-10C | FC3 | JF-17 | AH-64D | UH-1H | Ka-50 | Mi-24P | Mi-8MTV2 | Supercarrier
  • Persian Gulf | Syria | Nevada | Marianas | Sinai

Running on DCS Open Beta.

ED needs to learn how to set expectations. You can't use words like "imminent" and "gold" and then act surprised when people get annoyed or confused over still having to wait several weeks.

I'm a lawyer by profession. A very important part of my job is setting my clients' expectations on the outcome of their case. I'm very honest, but sometimes a little overly conservative in giving them my assessment of success, the value of the claim, the total cost in legal fees and the length of time the case might take to reach final disposition. This way, if my opinions are on target, they aren't surprised, but if the case gets resolved earlier, at less cost and with a better outcome, I look like a hero and they are very pleased. 

ED is a major part of their own problem here i think. in my view, they can be a little careless and inconsistent in how they communicate. Not being critical, but I think its why we have 50 page threads on topics like this.

Edited by Jarhead0331
  • Like 6

17 minutes ago, Jarhead0331 said:

ED needs to learn how to set expectations. You can't use words like "imminent" and "gold" and then act surprised when people get annoyed or confused over still having to wait several weeks.

I'm a lawyer by profession. A very important part of my job is setting my clients' expectations on the outcome of their case. I'm very honest, but sometimes a little overly conservative in giving them my assessment of success, the value of the claim, the total cost in legal fees and the length of time the case might take to reach final disposition. This way, if my opinions are on target, they aren't surprised, but if the case gets resolved earlier, at less cost and with a better outcome, I look like a hero and they are very pleased. 

ED is a major part of their own problem here i think. in my view, they can be a little careless and inconsistent in how they communicate. Not being critical, but I think its why we have 50 page threads on topics like this.

No, you are wrong. The problem is childish behavior. A culture of „I‘m entitled to get everything I demand…now!“….

Not getting messages by the third time, not understanding basic words, let alone communication.

Mistaking words like „gold“ and „imminent“ for „now“.

Not being able to deal in relatives….

And so on and so forth…..

Every sane adult - which is, thank god, still the majority here - has understood for weeks, what the process is, why it takes so long, and why they can’t gives precise estimates.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

hace 26 minutos, Jarhead0331 dijo:

👆🏻✅👍🏻👍🏻🧠🏰👍🏻💯👍🏻🏰🧠👍🏻👍🏻✅👆🏻

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Jarhead0331 said:

Well said. When they used the word "imminent" a few weeks back, I though "Oh boy, here we go again..."

DCS as a sim is great, but the communications process around launches needs refining, if not the launch process itself.

11 minutes ago, Hiob said:

No, you are wrong. The problem is childish behavior. A culture of „I‘m entitled to get everything I demand…now!“….

Not getting messages by the third time, not understanding basic words, let alone communication.

Mistaking words like „gold“ and „imminent“ for „now“.

Not being able to deal in relatives….

And so on and so forth…..

Every sane adult - which is, thank god, still the majority here - has understood for weeks, what the process is, why it takes so long, and why they can’t gives precise estimates.

Actually, when you repeatedly miss dates, to the point that it becomes a bit of a known thing in your customer base, that is a good sign that you need to look at your processes/communications. Not only that, but there are often conflicting messages from within their own team... things like "imminent" and "gold" coming across while the mods have to work to manage expectations by basically saying "can't tell you a date other than Mar 31, but it isn't coming this week."

Probably also worth pointing out that no one is "demanding" anything now... ED advertised it as coming in Nov, then Dec, then Jan, then "hopefully Feb but definitely Q1," and finally Q1. If you can't understand why people who paid for something that was advertised with a timing commitment are frustrated, not sure what to say. Paying customers didn't strongarm them into attaching a date!

Also, to make the point Jarhead made above... "imminent" means "about to happen"... this word was used two weeks ago, which in most lines of work wouldn't qualify as "imminent." If I tell a customer their product arrival is "imminent", that is very different from saying "sometime this month (hopefully)."

Edited by davidrbarnette
  • Like 3

• BIGNEWY locked and unlocked this topic
  • ED Team

Hi all, 

we are very close to release, as soon as I can give you the date I will update the patch status post. 

This has been said many times to some of you and you really should know better. 

Be excited for the release it is a great module already and will bring many of your years of fun. 

thanks

• Like 16
  • Thanks 5

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Wags once said that cold start video was the last video before the release

here it is now

• Like 1

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

The End (of wait) is Nearer.

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

3 hours ago, El buscador de la verdad said:

Because other modules also have to be ready and the patch has to be ready also, so there is more to the release than just the ah64

• Like 3