Community A-4E-C v2.2 (October 2023)

Go to solution Solved by plusnine,

Hello, A-4E-C Pilots! This new version adds some exciting features like new damage effects, ADF, improved radios and new nosewheel castering simulation.

This version of the A-4E-C requires DCS version 2.9, which as of release, is only available on the OpenBeta branch of DCS World. If you're still playing DCS World version 2.8, you'll want to stick with the version 2.1.1 for now. You can download older versions from the A-4E-C Releases page.

Remember that in multiplayer, server and client versions of the A-4E-C must match, so be sure you are in sync with your favorite server's configuration when playing online!

https://github.com/heclak/community-a4e-c/releases/tag/v2.2

Version 2.2 - 27 Oct 2023

Added

• A new NWS (that's Nosewheel Simulation, mind you) makes correcting turns on the ground much easier, and eliminating the "stuck wheel" feeling due to over-braking in taxi. Amaze your friends with your drifting skill!
  • AN/ARC-51 UHF Radio supports DCS VOIP radios. In addition to Radio Microphone Push-to-Talk (PTT) Transmit binding for sending to VOIP radio, a second Radio Microphone Push-to-Talk (PTT) Guard bindings allows the pilot to transmit to the guard frequency when the radio is in TR+G mode. These two bindings function identically to the DCS default "cockpit r.1 VoIP PTT" and "cockpit r.2 VoIP PTT" bindings, respectively, and you can use them instead if you wish. See the Updated AN/ARC-51 UHF Radio guidance on page 1-2 in the Kneeboard Manual for additional details.
  • AN/ARN-25 Automated Direction Finder (ADF) system is now modeled for use with the AN/ARC-51 UHF Radio. Information on using the equipment is detailed in the Kneeboard Manual on page 1-3.
  • Weapons:
    • AIM-9J and AIM-9P3 are available on inboard and outboard stations.
    • AGM-45B Shrike is available loadout options on inboard and outboard stations.
    • 2.75" Hydra rockets are available loadout options with LAU-3 (19 rocket) and LAU-68 (7 rocket) launchers, including white phosphorous, HE, HEAT, as well as Mk1, Mk61, and WRU-1/B practice munitions to the loadout options. LAU-68 launchers also allow loadouts with Para Illum and Practice Smoke Hydra rockets. Outboard stations support 1 launcher, inboard stations up to 2, and up to 3 can be added on the centerline station.
    • AN/ASQ-T50 TCTS ACMI pod is available on inboard and outboard stations.
  • Enhanced damage modeling: In addition to Reduced effect of transient forces to prevent wake breaking wings, and improved engine damage. The following system failures can be triggered by damage, or selected as a failure in mission editor:
    • Radar Receiver
    • Gear Jamming
    • Gear Actuator
    • Pitot Tube
    • Static Port
    • Boost Pump
    • Wing Pump
    • Aileron Actuators
    • Elevator Actuator
    • Rudder Actuator
    • Wing Tank Leak
    • Fuselage Tank Leak
    • Engine and Inlet
  • Cold Start, Taxi, Takeoff, and Free Flight missions for the Sinai map are available in the Instant Action.
  • Input bindings:
    • Else option for the Chaff Dispenser Select added (for a 3-position switch).
    • Radar Altitude Warning - Slew axis.

Changed

• Standardized naming conventions for loadouts with multiple ejector racks, and provided additional detail for weapon payloads original to the A-4E-C.
  • Recalculated the weight of rocket launcher pod payloads.
  • Kneeboard Manual:
    • Updated AN/ARN-52 TACAN guidance on page 1-3.
    • Updated Airfield Radio and ILS data on page 1-4, which can now accomodate up to 30 entries, making it compatible with the contents of the Sinai map.
    • Updated Shrike and Sidewinder delivery guidance on page 3-5.
    • Updated AN/APR-25 Radar Homing and Warning System guidance on page 3-6.
    • Compressed images for smaller file size and faster loading.

Fixed

• TACAN and MCL system crashes.
  • The AN/ARC-51 UHF Radio volume knob now adjusts radio and VOIP radio volume.
  • The AN/APG-53A Radar OBST tone and AN/APR-25 RHWR audio properly route to the Helmet sound channel.
  • Black lines along center and around the nose cones of fuel tanks have been removed.
  • Malaysia TUDM livery uses the provided custom fuel tanks.
  • Station arming switches no longer produce a debug printout with the weapon selector in the BOMBS & GM ARM position.
  • Loadout option inaccuracies in the Kneeboard Manual on page 1-6 are corrected.
  • Eliminated Kneeboard Manual typos in page reference annotations.

Edited by plusnine
  • Like 22
  • Thanks 14

• plusnine changed the title to Community A-4E-C v2.2 (October 2023)
3 hours ago, UN9249 said:

tacan still not working.

I cannot reproduce. TACAN works as intended with version v2.2.A-4E-C v2.2 TACAN 01.jpg

A-4E-C v2.2 TACAN 03.jpg

A-4E-C v2.2 TACAN 02.jpg

A-4E-C v2.2 TACAN 04.jpg

ASUS ROG Strix B450-F Gaming, AMD Ryzen 3800X, 64 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3000, ASUS TUF Gaming Radeon RX 6800 XT, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 250 GB (OS), Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 1 TB (DCS World), Gigabyte G27QC Gaming Monitor, DelanClip Gamer, WINWING F-16EX Metal Flightstick with Orion2 Joystick Base, WINWING F-15EX II Metal Throttle with Orion2 Throttle Base, WINWING PTO 2 Take Off Panel, VIRPIL Controls Ace Flight Pedals, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, Thrustmaster MFD Cougar Pack, Windows 10 Pro

25 minutes ago, UN9249 said:

ok. i use hot start on deck. dialing numbers an switch to T\R.

I tested it (hot start aboard Abe Lincoln) and it works for me.

A-4E-C v2.2 TACAN 05.jpg

Maybe there is a conflict with another mod on your side?

ASUS ROG Strix B450-F Gaming, AMD Ryzen 3800X, 64 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3000, ASUS TUF Gaming Radeon RX 6800 XT, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 250 GB (OS), Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 1 TB (DCS World), Gigabyte G27QC Gaming Monitor, DelanClip Gamer, WINWING F-16EX Metal Flightstick with Orion2 Joystick Base, WINWING F-15EX II Metal Throttle with Orion2 Throttle Base, WINWING PTO 2 Take Off Panel, VIRPIL Controls Ace Flight Pedals, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, Thrustmaster MFD Cougar Pack, Windows 10 Pro

4 минуты назад, Ithronwise сказал:

I tested it (hot start aboard Abe Lincoln) and it works for me.

A-4E-C v2.2 TACAN 05.jpg

Maybe there is a conflict with another mod on your side?

Not working for me.😀

Edited by UN9249

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

15 hours ago, plusnine said:

Hello, A-4E-C Pilots! This new version adds some exciting features like new damage effects, ADF, improved radios and new nosewheel castering simulation.

This version of the A-4E-C requires DCS version 2.9, which as of release, is only available on the OpenBeta branch of DCS World. If you're still playing DCS World version 2.8, you'll want to stick with the version 2.1.1 for now. You can download older versions from the A-4E-C Releases page.

Remember that in multiplayer, server and client versions of the A-4E-C must match, so be sure you are in sync with your favorite server's configuration when playing online!

Added

• A new NWS (that's Nosewheel Simulation, mind you) makes correcting turns on the ground much easier, and eliminating the "stuck wheel" feeling due to over-braking in taxi. Amaze your friends with your drifting skill!
  • AN/ARC-51 UHF Radio supports DCS VOIP radios. In addition to Radio Microphone Push-to-Talk (PTT) Transmit binding for sending to VOIP radio, a second Radio Microphone Push-to-Talk (PTT) Guard bindings allows the pilot to transmit to the guard frequency when the radio is in TR+G mode. These two bindings function identically to the DCS default "cockpit r.1 VoIP PTT" and "cockpit r.2 VoIP PTT" bindings, respectively, and you can use them instead if you wish. See the Updated AN/ARC-51 UHF Radio guidance on page 1-2 in the Kneeboard Manual for additional details.
  • AN/ARN-25 Automated Direction Finder (ADF) system is now modeled for use with the AN/ARC-51 UHF Radio. Information on using the equipment is detailed in the Kneeboard Manual on page 1-3.
  • Weapons:
    • 2.75" Hydra rockets are available loadout options with LAU-3 (19 rocket) and LAU-68 (7 rocket) launchers, including white phosphorous, HE, HEAT, as well as Mk1, Mk61, and WRU-1/B practice munitions to the loadout options. LAU-68 launchers also allow loadouts with Para Illum and Practice Smoke Hydra rockets. Outboard stations support 1 launcher, inboard stations up to 2, and up to 3 can be added on the centerline station.
  • Enhanced damage modeling: In addition to Reduced effect of transient forces to prevent wake breaking wings, and improved engine damage. The following system failures can be triggered by damage, or selected as a failure in mission editor:
    • Radar Receiver
    • Gear Jamming
    • Gear Actuator
    • Pitot Tube
    • Static Port
    • Boost Pump
    • Wing Pump
    • Aileron Actuators
    • Elevator Actuator
    • Rudder Actuator
    • Wing Tank Leak
    • Fuselage Tank Leak
    • Engine and Inlet
  • Cold Start, Taxi, Takeoff, and Free Flight missions for the Sinai map are available in the Instant Action.
  • Input bindings:

Changed

• Standardized naming conventions for loadouts with multiple ejector racks, and provided additional detail for weapon payloads original to the A-4E-C.
  • Kneeboard Manual:
    • Updated Airfield Radio and ILS data on page 1-4, which can now accomodate up to 30 entries, making it compatible with the contents of the Sinai map.

Fixed

• The AN/APG-53A Radar OBST tone and AN/APR-25 RHWR audio properly route to the Helmet sound channel.
  • Black lines along center and around the nose cones of fuel tanks have been removed.
  • Station arming switches no longer produce a debug printout with the weapon selector in the BOMBS & GM ARM position.
  • Loadout option inaccuracies in the Kneeboard Manual on page 1-6 are corrected.

Really cool! Thanks you for your continious work on the Skyhawk!

• Like 1

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

20 hours ago, plusnine said:

Spoiler

Added

• Weapons:
    • Radar Receiver
    • Gear Jamming
    • Gear Actuator
    • Pitot Tube
    • Static Port
    • Boost Pump
    • Wing Pump
    • Aileron Actuators
    • Elevator Actuator
    • Rudder Actuator
    • Wing Tank Leak
    • Fuselage Tank Leak
    • Engine and Inlet
  • Input bindings:

Changed

• Kneeboard Manual:

Fixed

Hey @plusnine, thank you for the great update!

Two minor problems I found. First (will try to capture it in Trackfile later) In the Sinai-Taxi-IA-Mission, I seem to need 50% right brake applied to taxi straight.

Second, the canopy scratches seem a bit overdone to me, but more importantly the HUD has also (big) scratches, which add up with the windscreen to quite a mess. It's a bid hard to see from stills. (This is from the Take-off-IA-Mission in Sinai).

Screen_231028_195810.jpg

Screen_231028_195643.jpg

Screen_231028_195501.jpg

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

I can't launch from the carrier (Super carrier catapult). Basically it doesn't "salute" and the launch doesn't initiate. Anyone else with this issue?

Windows 10 - Intel i7 7700K 4.2 Ghz (no OC) - Asus Strix GTX 1080 8Gb - 16GB DDR4 (3000 MHz) - SSD 500GB + WD Black FZEX 1TB 6Gb/s

I have also experienced the same issue earlier this year.  The MER's would not show for love nor money for months, then, one day...  They magically reappeared.  I wish I had a solution for you but I cannot for the life of me think what would cause them to reappear.

6 hours ago, SOLIDKREATE said:

Did you oppen your .LUA with Notepad and note NotePad ++? That usually corrupts you files which is the set of instructions that ask for those skins and objects to load.

How so? I use Notepad++ to change .lua files. Didn’t notice any problems so far….

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

Neither MS Notepad nor Notepad++ changes any files willy-nilly just by using theses apps to open a LUA file. If you are out of control, maybe.

If you edit a LUA file, you are responsable for the effects of those changes, good or bad... always.

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

I carried out a mission on the sinai map  which works well for the client part. I added AI (F4, A4 and Mig 19)

Everything works except the skins and carriages on the A4 AI: the generic skin is displayed instead of the one configured in the editor and no carriages appear despite the fact that I have defined them in the editor.

I have version 2.1.1 and DCs 2.8

I added the A4 mod to DCSserver. An idea ?

a4e_sinai.miz