Announcing the F-4 Phantom for DCS World!

Cobra847

3 minutes ago, Mike Force Team said:

@Manhorne I, too, would like to know more information about the F-4 Phantom.  It is frustrating when there is minimal or no information available.  I look forward to engaging to villainous MIGs with the Phantoms.  In the meantime, we wait impatiently.

Mike Force Team

Back years ago when there was supposed to be a Phantom and it just fizzled out and vanished it was a big disappointment for me..I figured at some point it would come back to life from someone. When HB said it was them I was so happy they were doing it because of what they accomplished with the F-14. However, until it is out it still could never see the light of day . There is nothing written in stone still. So I wait watching the sand in the hour glass with fingers crossed....

@Manhorne This time around, there is a very high likelihood the F-4 will come to fruition.  The developer has a reputation for quality; as a result, they want to produce and market a quality finished product.  Since the F-4 is likely to be popular, DCS might hold off until Christmas time.  On other hand, it could be offered sooner.  My opinion, of course.

Mike Force Team

1 hour ago, Mike Force Team said:

@Breakaway Based on the WIP screenshots, one would likely conclude the finished product is close at hand.  But, we have to wait in the meantime.  Bummer.

Mike Force Team

Are there screenshots?

1 hour ago, Breakaway said:

I thought this thing was almost ready for release🤷‍♂️

In theory it should be. HB is taking a different approach on how they release information for it.

While I like the mysticism and excitement build up, it is leading to some frustration and questions of "If it's so close to ready then why can't we see it?"

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Manhorne said:

LOL....Ever since they said there was going to be a Phantom I slowly loss  interest in all the other modules I have to the point I have not played anything in DCS for about 5 months now.  I currently have ZERO interest right now in any other aircraft I have in DCS . I tried to jump into the F-14 a month ago and I flew for about ten minutes and just exited the program .  As I have stated before in all my years of flight-sim flying I have wanted to see a detailed F-4 . So Until it is released or there is a fixed date shared when it is going to be released I am just going to wait until then before I start up DCS to play again...I know it sounds crazy but that is how I feel about it....

Honestly been feeling kind of similar, but being burnt out on the communities I play with is also a factor, not just sheer excitement for the Phantom. 

On 10/13/2022 at 11:06 PM, IronMike said:

Thank you for asking, it is going well so far. 🙂 More news will follow a bit later this year, hehe.

thank you so much for your kind reply

• Like 1

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; Meta Quest 3; HOTAS Warthog; Logitech Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

Lots of speculation here guys. We've always followed a marketing approach that fits the module, its development, the community and us. In short: when the time is right, or when you guys are too clever to keep it from you haha (like with the a6, etc.). 🙂

Edited by IronMike
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

1 hour ago, IronMike said:

Lots of speculation here guys. We've always followed a marketing approach that fits the module, its development, the community and us. In short: when the time is right, or when you guys are too clever to keep it from you haha (like with the a6, etc.). 🙂

👁️_👁️

So if we get enough things right we get more information? Sounds like there's a conspiracy thread to be revived. Also seeing "marketing approach" one might think there will be something on a Phantom related date...

Theories aside: the fact, that HB is more active (ie Ironmike is answering more and more again) suggests that they are more comfortable with sharing or in most cases teasing. 

Since HB never let me down (quality of the cat in comparison to stuff like F-16, which I still regret buying for example), I believe them, when they say that it'll be this year.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, JayTSX said:

So if we get enough things right we get more information? Sounds like there's a conspiracy thread to be revived. Also seeing "marketing approach" one might think there will be something on a Phantom related date...

Theories aside: the fact, that HB is more active (ie Ironmike is answering more and more again) suggests that they are more comfortable with sharing or in most cases teasing. 

Since HB never let me down (quality of the cat in comparison to stuff like F-16, which I still regret buying for example), I believe them, when they say that it'll be this year.

Well, HB maybe never let YOU down, but I personally would love to see finally proper simulated hydraulics nad fire extinguisher on F-14. Still nothing, and guess what, for example F/A-18 have both of these things, F-16 to some level aswell.

Edited by =BoB= David
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, Tom Kazansky said:

I don't want to offend anybody but isn't the fact you have chosen that issue the best proof for the top quality of the HB F-14 in DCS World?

I chose this issue because it is important for me, and I think (okay, it is maybe my opinion only) it very important to simulate these things properly for emergency situations and so on... For example - I will take few rounds from AAA and some things stops working, I know there is walkaround regarding to NATOPS for example and guess what 🙂 It is useless because it is not simulated how it should be.... BTW: what about clock time delay 6 seconds every 20 minutes? It is fixed already? Maybe it is "minor issue" aswell, but dont forget that F-14 is navy plane and have correct time for CASE III is essential.

Maybe I'm criticizing too much, but at the end of the day these things matters.

Edited by =BoB= David
  • Like 5

22 minutes ago, =BoB= David said:

I chose this issue because it is important for me, and I think (okay, it is maybe my opinion only) it very important to simulate these things properly for emergency situations and so on... For example - I will take few rounds from AAA and some things stops working, I know there is walkaround regarding to NATOPS for example and guess what 🙂 It is useless because it is not simulated how it should be.... BTW: what about clock time delay every 6 seconds every 20 minutes? It is fixed already? Maybe it is "minor issue" aswell, but dont forget that F-14 is navy plane and have correct time for CASE III is essential.

Maybe I'm criticizing too much, but at the end of the day these things matters.

I'm completely with you. It is important. But HB's top level of quality and reliability is not harmed by that. My opinion.

So back to topic.

Does HB give enough info about their F-4? Well, not for me.

Does it mean I don't trust HB anymore concerning the F-4 project?

Not at all! I'm sure HB will not let us down.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, pricklyHH72 said:

Hmmmm...which comes first, the phantom or the eagle?

I pray the Phantom. I would like to get the Eagle as well eventually but it can't beat my favorite aircraft, that being the Phantom. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Current Modules: F-14A/B, F/A-18C, F-16C, F-15E, F-4E, AV-8B, Mirage 2KC, Mirage F-1, Mig-21, AJS-37, A-10C II, F-5E, AH-64D, UH-1H, Ka-50 BS2/BS3, Mi-8MTV2, Mi-24P, SA342, Spitfire, P-47D, BF-109K, Mosquito
Tech Pack: WWII Assets
Terrain: Syria, Sinai, NTTR

hace 2 horas, pricklyHH72 dijo:

Hmmmm...which comes first, the phantom or the eagle?

well since HB still states they are on track for a 22 release (I guess a Christmas miracle) I still have my hopes for that while the Eagle is razbam so anywhere from two weeks to 2025 is within reason. 
But joking aside, there is quite a lot of tutorials and showcasing for the Eagle at the moment so it seems to be very close. 

• Like 1

18 часов назад, Omega417 сказал:

I have the manual for the F-4J and have been studying that for fun when I have free time.

I was able to find in the paper version for version B. I wonder if there are many differences with the E version for flight modes and engine control: optimal speed and fuel consumption at altitudes. As I see from the beginning of the study of this manual, the landing approach to the airfield is almost the same as on the f-14

image.jpg

Edited by Lime_Acid
  • Like 1