Announcing the F-4 Phantom for DCS World!

Cobra847

10 hours ago, Lime_Acid said:

I was able to find in the paper version for version B. I wonder if there are many differences with the E version for flight modes and engine control: optimal speed and fuel consumption at altitudes. As I see from the beginning of the study of this manual, the landing approach to the airfield is almost the same as on the f-14

image.jpg

Here is the E version flight manual: 

http://thef4phantomcommunity.hispaviacion.es/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/Flight-Manual-F4E_c.pdf

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

@Phantom88It would be great if phantom revealed on Halloween; yet, I doubt it. Using history as my guide, ED starts dropping hints about pending releases. ED or the develop has been silent on the f-4 for months. The lack of publicity seems to suggest the phantom is not yet ready for EA release. In my opinion, the phantom might arrive virtual in Santa's sled during the Christmas shopping season.

Mike Force Team

Edited by Mike Force Team
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Mike Force Team said:

@Phantom88It would be great if phantom revealed on Halloween; yet, I doubt it. Using history as my guide, ED starts dropping hints about pending releases. ED or the develop has been silent on the f-4 for months. The lack of publicity seems to suggest the phantom is not yet ready for EA release. In my opinion, the phantom might arrive virtual in Santa's sled during the Christmas shopping season.

Mike Force Team

I remember hearing that the release of the module will come "a few weeks/months" after teasers start dropping, so if we saw some sort of spooky halloween Phantom teaser my internal clock would start ticking for Christmas/the holidays haha

• Like 2

https://youtube.com/@thesimnet                                    questions@thesimnet.com 

image.png

@_BringTheReign_ You make a valid point of the "few weeks/months."  Another possible release date for the phantom might be around November 25, 2022, which is when Black Friday takes place.  Many businesses offer discounted prices to entice people to buy things.  As for ED, this is likely when they will publicize new aircraft, maps, and other things.  During the traditional Christmas shopping season, people are more likely to spend money to buy things they want.

Mike Force Team

• Like 1

Am 20.10.2022 um 12:28 schrieb Mike Force Team:

Mike Force Team

Hey Mike, for the release I also think the end of the year is likely. But the big reveal should be relatively imminent. I think that is also what Phantom means. HB has stated that they are keeping a low profile with information until the big reveal. This is also the reason why nothing is known so far.

Edited by Germane
  • Like 3

HB's tight lid on information is a smart move considering certain other 3rd parties reveal things way to early and creates frustration within the community. And since its called "the phantom" it fits that it remains hidden until it suddenly appears. I dont know why but this whole thing sort of gives me flashbacks to Helo games handling of No mans sky. After a really rushed release and terrible reviews they just went dark no contact whats so ever and after a few updates, no mans sky was suddenly good and delivered more then initially promised. 

• Like 4

On 10/21/2022 at 8:54 AM, Germane said:

Hey Mike, for the release I also think the end of the year is likely. But the big reveal should be relatively imminent. I think that is also what Phantom means. HB has stated that they are keeping a low profile with information until the big reveal. This is also the reason why nothing is known so far.

Correct “Reveal”not Necessarily “Release “

Patrick

mini.gif

Personally my stance is if we don't get a reveal by the mid point of November it's unlikely very unlikely we'll get her this year, if we don't get one by the end it's a 2023 release.

Past saying stuff like that though we really have no ability to speculate, just not enough information floating around to dissect. We don't know exactly when they started working, we don't know exactly how many people they have working on it, for how long, how long do they really need to make the module.

Only thing I can say with (personal) confidence is the Jester slice of it should be ez pz, they got most of the hard work done in making him in the first place. I'd let it all ride that Jester was probably made with multi seat functionality for multiple planes with multiple different levels of capability in mind from the start, given they've been planning the Phantom for a good bit, we know the intruder is on the block, etc. 

Here's to hoping an imminent announcement.

• Like 4

hoping we get a Halloween update on the progress. this month would make the most sense to fully announce the Phantom.

• Like 7

Link to my Imgur screenshots and motto

http://imgur.com/a/Gt7dF

One day in DCS... Vipers will fly along side Tomcats... Bugs with Superbugs, Tiffy's with Tornado's, Fulcrums with Flankers and Mirage with Rafales...

:)The Future of DCS is a bright one:)

I'm rather curious if the F-4 will have custom board numbers. I figure that since it's not like the navy aircraft with all of the different styles for each squadron that it'd be possible for the E? It'd be convenient when it comes to livery making for sure, along with not having to download packs for different numbers. Either way, it's going to be exciting to see what people will make when this drops. 

Current Modules: F-14A/B, F/A-18C, F-16C, F-15E, F-4E, AV-8B, Mirage 2KC, Mirage F-1, Mig-21, AJS-37, A-10C II, F-5E, AH-64D, UH-1H, Ka-50 BS2/BS3, Mi-8MTV2, Mi-24P, SA342, Spitfire, P-47D, BF-109K, Mosquito
Tech Pack: WWII Assets
Terrain: Syria, Sinai, NTTR

01.11.2022 в 12:04, RevampedGrunt сказал:

I'm rather curious if the F-4 will have custom board numbers. I figure that since it's not like the navy aircraft with all of the different styles for each squadron that it'd be possible for the E? It'd be convenient when it comes to livery making for sure, along with not having to download packs for different numbers. Either way, it's going to be exciting to see what people will make when this drops. 

Markings vary from squadron to squadron, camouflage may be the same. For example, F-15 in F-16 in DCS

• 3 weeks later...

We can hope, but let's be honest:

Global unrest combined with some personal tragedy has guaranteed it's a '23 release. Can't really blame HB for it, but there's definitely a prick you can blame for it.

• Like 4

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

6 hours ago, MiG21bisFishbedL said:

We can hope, but let's be honest:

Global unrest combined with some personal tragedy has guaranteed it's a '23 release. Can't really blame HB for it, but there's definitely a prick you can blame for it.

I doubt it will even be in 2023 . We will be lucky to see it in the next 3 years...

• Like 3