Patch notes discussion thread 2022

BIGNEWY

7 hours ago, Rudel_chw said:

Complains like yours are the ones that will force ED to not state dates at all, since it seems so many people are unable to understand the meaning of the word "planned" or "estimated"  .. once ED realizes that providing dates is counter productive, they will for sure avoid giving them .. I know that that's the way I would act towards this kind of customers.

Not to get off topic, but that isn't how business work.. We are customers, not slaves. We don't get told when or what to think. They have every right to choose how they do business' or communicate with their customers but customers have the exact same right but they also hold the chips... aka... money. What's counterproductive is not allocated resources or working OT to get a job done... Man, I wish other careers had this luxury.. 

I guarantee you, if the community presses them and stops buying more and more content until they start giving us scheduled patches, releases, future content status reports, and the likes that appease the customers.. they will move resources where they are needed to get projects done on time, or at the very least give the community a reason why it's been delayed and when to expect it (given a few days for unforeseen problems of course)

Now don't get me wrong, getting mad at the team for mistakes, or unforseen bugs at the last min, or just personal attacks on devs, etc shouldn't be tolerated. I also believe that we should have realistic expectations. They should inform us on a quarterly basis in their newsletters. You don't get to just say "We'll we didn't do our job well, and now you're complaining, so we'll just do it even worse!" 

If this was all free content, and people weren't spending massive amounts of money on modules, maps, etc.. Then beggars can't be choosers... shut up and get what you get, when you get it. That is not the case.. and regardless of how patient YOU may be, not everyone will share that feeling. It may sound harsh, but this is peoples hard earned money in the long run... even if it might not be a lot for you or me.. it likely isn't for everyone... 

Edit: Also, note that I'm not upset that I have to wait for this update because of ED's feedback to the community. BIG's been here answering questions for us the entire time.. It's only a few days. My response was just a general response to this type of thought process.

Edited by HoBGoBLiNzx3
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, HoBGoBLiNzx3 said:

Not to get off topic, but that isn't how business work.. We are customers, not slaves. We don't get told when or what to think. They have every right to choose how they do business' or communicate with their customers but customers have the exact same right but they also hold the chips... aka... money. What's counterproductive is not allocated resources or working OT to get a job done... Man, I wish other careers had this luxury.. 

I guarantee you, if the community presses them and stops buying more and more content until they start giving us scheduled patches, releases, future content status reports, and the likes that appease the customers.. they will move resources where they are needed to get projects done on time, or at the very least give the community a reason why it's been delayed and when to expect it (given a few days for unforeseen problems of course)

Now don't get me wrong, getting mad at the team for mistakes, or unforseen bugs at the last min, or just personal attacks on devs, etc shouldn't be tolerated. I also don't believe that we should have unrealistic expectations. They should inform us on a quarterly basis in their newsletters. You don't get to just say "We'll we didn't do our job well, and now you're complaining, so we'll just do it even worse!" 

If this was all free content, and people weren't spending massive amounts of money on modules, maps, etc.. Then beggars can't be choosers... shut up and get what you get, when you get it. That is not the case.. and regardless of how patient YOU may be, not everyone will share that feeling. It may sound harsh, but this is peoples hard earned money in the long run... even if it might not be a lot for you or me.. it likely isn't for everyone... 

a company with a bussines model working from 91... 41 years old... and 10 years from the actual product...

Edited by Silver_Dragon

3 minutes ago, Silver_Dragon said:

a company with a bussines model working from 91... 41 years old... and 10 years from the actual product...

That's not really the point is it.. Anyone can run a business. Even poorly ran ones survive if they offer something that people want or need.... That doesn't negate ethics. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Raisuli said:

Wait...l thought this was a combat game, and the object was to fire giant white d[evices] of death up each other's a[ircraft]?

Where the heck is Laobi when you need him?  🤪

We fight in the game not on the forums...But some people should load up DCS and have a best out a 100rd with unlimited ammo. 

While you wait.. please enjoy this masterpiece. 
(sneak peak of DCS 12.2 🙂 )

Edited by macedk
  • Like 2

CPU: Intel I7 7700k /Ram:32gb_ddr4

GFX: Nvidia Asus 1080 8Gb

Mon: Asus vg2448qe 24"

Disk: SSD

Stick: TM Warthog #1400/Saitek pro pedals/TIR5/TM MFDs

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Just now, macedk said:

We fight in the game not on the forums...But some people should load up DCS and have a best out a 100rd with unlimited ammo. 

Wait, forum dogfighting isn't a thing?

I like that idea though. We should really have an ED Forum League... Someone would very much be willing to run it.. 

Could even a couple different options the teams could agree on for a game mode... 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HoBGoBLiNzx3 said:

That's not really the point is it.. Anyone can run a business. Even poorly ran ones survive if they offer something that people want or need.... That doesn't negate ethics. 

The problem here is that some forget that this happened in the past when some said "where was my patch 1.5, 2.0, etc"... 2.8 is not a minor patch, it is a big change, like when 3.0 came out (very possibly with Vulkan and/or multithread). The problem remains that it seems that if a patch is delayed due to something unexpected, some already put the label "ED programmers are stupid and don't know how to do their job".

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HoBGoBLiNzx3 said:

Wait, forum dogfighting isn't a thing?

I like that idea though. We should really have an ED Forum League... Someone would very much be willing to run it.. 

Could even a couple different options the teams could agree on for a game mode... 

Voice comms OFF 😉

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Just now, Silver_Dragon said:

The problem here is that some forget that this happened in the past when some said "where was my patch 1.5, 2.0, etc"... 2.8 is not a minor patch, it is a big change, like when 3.0 came out (very possibly with Vulkan and/or multithread). The problem remains that it seems that if a patch is delayed due to something unexpected, some already put the label "ED programmers are stupid and don't know how to do their job".

I made that clear at the bottom of my post that I didn't necessarily agree with the initial compainers response. I agree with what you're saying 100% but I also see what "should be" as a standard business' practice.. as difficult as it may be to maintain. 

1 minute ago, macedk said:

Voice comms OFF 😉

and unbalanced only right wing loadouts and with no tanks.. of course. 

• Like 1

You see that is the problem... first 26th, then 27th now 28th.. tomorrow...what?

Just say Nov 2nd, and make dam sure you have it by then. its not that hard..

Besides its my birthday, you can make me a gift, lets say 15% off on the MB 339 😉 

Edited by Baco
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Hiob said:

Perhaps you should reconsider how you express disappointment. Plenty of good role models in this thread…. 😘

Certainly not me, I spend way too much money on video games and airplanes irl.

• Like 1

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

I'll take ED practice over far bigger companies any day. 
But in fairness, they tested today and found something and let's say it was a hard showstopper. The fallout of delaying 1 day...1 day, compared to ALL players let down. 

It is so easy to forget how we react when we are on the other side. I bet many have some comments about their customers or bosses and when the fault is on you then you might make the same argument that you see from ED. 

It is ok to feel disappointed but lasing out is not the way and rarely helps. 

Wife will just leave you faster and you are clueless ;). 

Do we really think an angry forum post will speed up the release ? 

A other game has made 100 times more than DCS and is still in alpha and people are poring money into it. 

So do another thing and ED is loving that you have passion for their product. 

Just be constructive on the comment instead of firing blindly....you can practice that elsewhere 😉 

19 minutes ago, HoBGoBLiNzx3 said:

I made that clear at the bottom of my post that I didn't necessarily agree with the initial compainers response. I agree with what you're saying 100% but I also see what "should be" as a standard business' practice.. as difficult as it may be to maintain. 

and unbalanced only right wing loadouts and with no tanks.. of course. 

you are on it sir! 😉

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team

Please keep this thread for patch notes discussion. 

off topic posts will be removed. 

thank you

• Like 4

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

The youtube waves video is working 😉

1 minute ago, BIGNEWY said:

Please keep this thread for patch notes discussion. 

off topic posts will be removed. 

thank you

just deescalating 🙂

• Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team

It was a message for all, dont worry. 

But please keep this thread for the patch notes. 

thank you all. 

• Like 2

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

18 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

thank you all. 

19 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

thank you all. 

We are on it. best pilots ever thanks to your product .....:)

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

So much entitlement and should have, could have, would have here.
Thankfully, the majority of people who are silent, have understanding and patience enough not to act like a bunch of toddlers.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3
Spoiler

W10-x64 | Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra | Core i7 9700K @ 4.8Ghz | Noctua NH-D15

Corsair 32Gb 3200 | MSI RTX 3080ti Gaming X

Asus Xonar AE | TM Hotas Warthog

MFG Crosswind pedals | Valve Index

This little delay actually forced me to do updates properly.  With Windows updates, .NET Framework, Nvidia newest drivers and couple of other, seemingly unrelated updates on my rig, all showing up at the same time roughly. I would've just load them all up along with DCS 2.8 and hope for the best

At lest now I have a chance to put 2.7 through the grinder first with all this other stuff installed before 2.8 shows up...  easier to narrow down any possible 'glitches' if they occur.

So... I'm showing some positive attitude for a change unless, there are no fixes or upgrades for the Hornet :cry_2:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mud said:

So much entitlement and should have, could have, would have here.
Thankfully, the majority of people who are silent, have understanding and patience enough not to act like a bunch of toddlers.

The only reason I'm not acting like a toddler is because I have ice cream. 🍦

But if the update isn't out tomorrow I'm going to have to buy more.

• Like 7

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!

7 hours ago, imacken said:

Eh, I think you mean ‘damned’ not ‘darned’, Don! 

Lol yeah just wasn't sure if cursing would get me in trouble on the forums.

• Like 1

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Good morning community!

i wish everyone a relaxed friday - please enjoy the day whether the patch arrives today or not. 

The bigger the patch the higher the dissapointment for any delays. So this patch must be really big 😅

ED has always delivered, not always the day we have wished for, but we all have been very happy at the end. So keep on being patient… You can do it 😉

• Like 7

PC: Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming | AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Palit GeForce RTX 4090 Game Rock OC | 64 GB Patriot VIPER VENOM DDR5-6000

Input: Brunner CLS-E FFB Base | Thrustmaster Warthog Joystick & Throttle | Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder | WinWing Phoenix MIP (VR) - F16 ICP - PTO2 | VPC SharKA-50 Collective 

VR: HP Reverb G2

Motion-Platform: Motionsystems PS-6TM-150 | Monstertech MTX

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/@madmontys6dofmotionplatfor386/featured