UH-60L Black Hawk Mod ("Official" Thread)

Haven't had the problem but did have overall flight problems until I deleted the UH-60 in full and installed it again without anything left over. Since doing that it's flown beautifully and resolved the tipping over problem I had been having on landing as well.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm hoping to get some advice on possible fixes to a problem I am having with the weapons mod (Armed_Blackhawk_v5.4.4) for the UH-60l (uh-60l-1.3.2). It is causing DCS to not load at all if I include the weapons mod. the regular uh-60l and the uh-60l (UH-60L_Pilots-Miniguns_v2.4_3) with pilot/minigun mod work just fine. when i add the weapons mod, DCS will not open. This happens regardless of whether i install through a mod manager or directly to my saved game folder. all previous versions and input files are removed and it's a clean version of the latest open beta. It had been an issue for months.

INFO    SOUND (Main): Added sound path: C:\Users\calla\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Mods/aircraft/UH-60L/Sounds
2023-05-17 15:00:42.734 INFO    SOUNDER (Main): Loaded 6 sounders.
2023-05-17 15:00:42.747 ALERT   Dispatcher (Main): Error running db_scan: ?:0: attempt to concatenate a nil value
2023-05-17 15:00:42.747 INFO    APP (Main): application shutdown
2023-05-17 15:00:43.088 WARNING EDOBJECTS (Main): lTypeObjectManager::Create() doesn't exist.
2023-05-17 15:00:43.168 INFO    TERRAIN (Main): lSystem::exit()
2023-05-17 15:00:43.168 INFO    TERRAIN (Main): lSystem::CleanScenes()

Hello Schambler, 

By using the last Armed Blachawk mod (V5..4.4) installed on the UL-60L 1.3.2, you don't need to  use anymore the Pilot minigun mod.

It was the case before were you had to installe UH-60L + Pilot minigun +Armed blackhawk. but not anymore with the last release of the armed blackhawk.

Hope it will help you, regards  

• Like 1

still no livery thread for the UH60L?

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

On 5/20/2023 at 2:06 PM, 71st_Mastiff said:

still no livery thread for the UH60L?

You should add an inspirational quote to your signature block about taking initiative, then start a livery thread and contribute to it, instead of complaining about the fact that someone else hasn't done something you see the need for. 

• Like 7

On 3/13/2023 at 3:11 PM, slipstream21 said:

If you want to use SimShaker for Aviators with the free UH-60L Black Hawk mod for Digital Combar Simulator you need to modify the file "C:\Program Files (×86|SimShaker\SimShaker for Aviators Beta\Data\SimShaker.lua" as follows:

Search for

elseif obj.Name == "UH-IH" then

and modify it to

elseif obj.Name == "UH-60L" then

dataTable.name = "Mi-8MT"

dataTable.rpm = string. format ("8.2f", get_param_ handle ("RRPM"): get () * 2 / 3)

elseif obj.Name == "UH-1H" then

Just curious, where did you get the “dataTable.rpm” line from? The Mi-8?

On 5/22/2023 at 7:59 PM, trev5150 said:

You should add an inspirational quote to your signature block about taking initiative, then start a livery thread and contribute to it, instead of complaining about the fact that someone else hasn't done something you see the need for. 

interesting, and here I thought the "?" was a question? not a complaint...See you put your own interpretation into my question...

you see how your response was taken out of context?

Because I searched the forums I thought very well; was hoping my question would of been answered as that, as a question; would elicit a response; "that no, no one has made any skins for that bird" because its too hard?  well, looks like I answered my own question. 

I can see why your 5150..

Edited by 71st_Mastiff
  • Like 1

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

16 hours ago, 71st_Mastiff said:

interesting, and here I thought the "?" was a question? not a complaint...See you put your own interpretation into my question...

you see how your response was taken out of context?

Because I searched the forums I thought very well; was hoping my question would of been answered as that, as a question; would elicit a response; "that no, no one has made any skins for that bird" because its too hard?  well, looks like I answered my own question. 

I can see why your 5150..

You took a look at Users Files ? https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/search/?q=UH-60L

Edited by Morpheus
  • Thanks 1

FOX-2 2021_ED_1.PNG

11 hours ago, Morpheus said:

well Ill be darn, I tried looking there and the search tool didn't give me buttcus.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Bonz said:

What is the latest version of this MOD?

v.1.3.2 

I understand that the Mod’s author is now working  with Polychop, so it is doubtful that this Mod is seeing much more development, tough @Tanuki44 has added armament to it, which I’m very grateful for.

Edited by Rudel_chw
  • Like 2

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

@Tanuki44 Salute Sir for an excellent mod.

I don't know if you are aware but using this mod breaks the tank engine sounds when they are driven in either Combined Arms or using the WWII Asset Pack.

Myself and a squad mate DD_Sid discovered this and thanks to the guys over at the A4-E development team (their mod also broke the sounds as well as the Bronco) who produced a fix, we reverse engineered their fix and ported it across to the Bronco and also your Black Hawk mod.

Our work can be found here:-

I was therefore wondering if you are planning any future updates you would consider including the following simple fix in your release.

1. Within the "Sounders" folder rename the "Tools.lua" to be "uh60l_Tools.lua" (this reads uh'sixty' lower case L)

2. Within the "Engines" folder (contained within "Aircraft") update the file "uh60l_engine.lua" by editing the first line which says dofile("Tools.lua") to read dofile("uh60l_Tools.lua")

3. Within the same file add an additional line just below the above edit that says dofile("Curve.lua")

We have found that is all that is required to resolve this issue.

Many thanks once again for the time and effort that goes into this excellent mod.

Kind regards

DD_Friar

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

Visit the Dangerdogz at www.dangerdogz.com. We are a group based on having fun (no command structure, no expectations of attendance, no formal skills required, that is not to say we can not get serious for special events, of which we have many). We play DCS and IL2 GBS. We have two groups one based in North America / Canada and one UK / Europe. Come check us out. 

On 7/20/2023 at 10:44 AM, DD_Friar said:

@Tanuki44 Salute Sir for an excellent mod.

I don't know if you are aware but using this mod breaks the tank engine sounds when they are driven in either Combined Arms or using the WWII Asset Pack.

Myself and a squad mate DD_Sid discovered this and thanks to the guys over at the A4-E development team (their mod also broke the sounds as well as the Bronco) who produced a fix, we reverse engineered their fix and ported it across to the Bronco and also your Black Hawk mod.

Our work can be found here:-

I was therefore wondering if you are planning any future updates you would consider including the following simple fix in your release.

1. Within the "Sounders" folder rename the "Tools.lua" to be "uh60l_Tools.lua" (this reads uh'sixty' lower case L)

2. Within the "Engines" folder (contained within "Aircraft") update the file "uh60l_engine.lua" by editing the first line which says dofile("Tools.lua") to read dofile("uh60l_Tools.lua")

3. Within the same file add an additional line just below the above edit that says dofile("Curve.lua")

We have found that is all that is required to resolve this issue.

Many thanks once again for the time and effort that goes into this excellent mod.

Kind regards

DD_Friar

@DD_Friar

Thank you for your comments, which I regret not having seen before the release of 2.0.

I also have to make a patch in the next few days, I will integrate your patch and thank you for it.

👍
Tanuki44

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Looking at your patch, I see that it concerns the UH-60L whose updates are made by ANDR0ID, so I passed the information on to him.

For my part, I'm going to integrate your patch into my Mod MH-60R, although it's a maritime model and will have little opportunity to go into combat against tanks. 😉

I understand that this only concerns adding the Curve.lua file?

https://www.digitalcombatsimulatnullor.com/en/files/3331106/

image.png

Version 2.01
Fixed - Sound problem for Missing Tank Engine Sounds - Thanks to DD_Friar
Fixed - LAlt + C for the reactivated camera movements, compatible with the mouse button to activate gun movements.

Version 2.0

ISSUE
Fixed - Park-Off-Slow-Fast Wiper sequence
Fixed - Value of argument for Tail in Folding livery changed 1.0 to 0.98 - (the collision light superimposed on a blade)
Fixed - Keybind of CAP lamp test did not work
Fixed - Freeze when launching torpedoes

IMPROVEMENT
Raindrop-free wiper area, option can be disabled in the DCS - OPTIONS - SPECIAL - MH-60R
Add mouse management for Gun movements
    - Set the curve to 50% for a base value, then adjust according to your material
Kneeling Gunner in Fire position

SONOBUOYS / SONAR
Added a 3 positions switch on Sonar Console to select and display target data (Immersion / none / Surface) sent by buoys and diving sonar
'RAlt' + 'RCtrl'  + 'S' = 'SonoBuoys State - IMMERSION/OFF/SURFACE'
See Manual for more explanations

SURFACE RADAR
Added RADAR functionality via a keybind with ajustable range and sector and a commands panel on sonar console
Based on the same principle as sonar, but only for detection of surface vessels
Max. range : 18 NM with the same ability to adjust the radar range 
'LAlt' + 'LShift' + 'S' = 'Sonar/Radar Range - Incr.'
'LAlt' + 'LCtrl'  + 'S' = 'Sonar/Radar Range - Decr.'
'RAlt' + 'RShift' + 'R' = 'Sonar/Radar Sector - Incr.'
'RAlt' + 'RCtrl'  + 'R' = 'Sonar/Radar Sector - Decr.'
See Manual for more explanations

Keybind for Radar Mode selection
'LAlt' + 'LCtrl' + 'R'     = 'Surface Radar - OFF/ON/INTERCEPT/SOLUTION'

The intercept mode display the heading, distance and time for the MH-60R.
The solution mode activate firing solution calculation for torpedoes, target acquisition using the same method as for submarine hunting.

** REMINDER **
Firing solutions are only available and displayed if the Left Inboard or Right Inboard switch is ON.

KNOWN ISSUES
Naval units are displayed regardless of their size.

TEMPLATES
Update of templates with the latest ASW script (integration of surface radar)
Creation of two templates folders in 'Missions' : 
One for NAVAL OPERATIONS
One for CSAR 
Template_Caucasus_Radar.miz is just to test the surface radar functionalities.

DESIGN
Add Ammunitions supply for guns
Add new GAU-21 Machine Gun (0.5 cal) in the choice of weapons
Add Rear Door joint and various mesh corrections

LIVERIES
New unwrapping to make livery creation easier
PaintKit compatible GIMP
Add a layer with the rivets and trapdoors (Thanks a lot to Cubeboy)
Add a grey livery 'WARLORDS' which becomes the default livery

Edited by Tanuki44
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Why is everything seem retracted? Was I playing Twilight Struggle?

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.