CJS Super Hornet Community Mod v2.2 - Official Thread

15 hours ago, HoBGoBLiNzx3 said:

I'm getting your logo on the F-18 module but no aircraft. I tried with OVGMe and Manual. Not my only mod either.. Also, the liveries... where do you want them put? In what specific subfolder location.. Inside the mod or in the liviers section saved games or main.

How hard is it to read the instructions?

The plane mod goes to main dcsbeta folder, liveries goes to saved games. There should be liveries/ea-18g, fa-18e and fa-18f folders for every actual airframe livery.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Blinde said:

How hard is it to read the instructions?

The plane mod goes to main dcsbeta folder, liveries goes to saved games. There should be liveries/ea-18g, fa-18e and fa-18f folders for every actual airframe livery.

I read the instructions, I had it working my dumb ass just had the clock thing on in the editor. I had it right the first time. How hard is it to not be a condescending prick.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fab8ball said:

guys is there another link to download this mod for free? The Mega link asks for subscription to be able to download it

Thanks

Hi,

No:

"Distribution Statement: This Mod and any part of its contents are proprietary to Chiller Juice Studios; any re-distribution of this package in part or whole is NOT authorized".

Mega link is the only way to download it. In my case Mega didn´t ask any subscription. Did you tried the link in the CJS SUperbug DIscord channel?

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

4 hours ago, fagulha said:

Hi,

No:

"Distribution Statement: This Mod and any part of its contents are proprietary to Chiller Juice Studios; any re-distribution of this package in part or whole is NOT authorized".

Mega link is the only way to download it. In my case Mega didn´t ask any subscription. Did you tried the link in the CJS SUperbug DIscord channel?

I raised this issue on their discord. It took me 24 hours to DL it.. Hopefully CJS uploads it to ED's user mod server. 

If you have a VPN you don't have to worry about MEGA's traffic limit. They claim it's also by geographic location. You only get 6gb per 6 hours transfer data. Problem is sometimes it will freeze and you'll lose all of the packets you downloaded and have to start over.. but the meter doesn't check if the files were actually downloaded to your HD.. (it doesn't give you that option until the zip is done) so you're left to wait 6 hours.. start again to stop at 60% (for me it was always 60% even though the file is only like 6.7gbs) 

Update v2.1 is Live! 

This patch updates our mod with the newest ED FA-18C changes, includes a series of bug fixes, as well as a new script that will allow the user to choose between which pylon configuration they would like to use on the FA-18E/F (v1.8 or v2.0 setup).  For more details, refer to the README inside the _Swapscripts folder of our mod. 

The SRS patch has also received an update, and should work in multiplayer environments without Easy Communications

Make sure you completely uninstall previous versions of the mod before installing this update!

Special thanks to @Nightstormfor helping the team!

Edited by bennyboy9800
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 5

Intel i7 9700k CPU

Nvidia GTX 1080Ti

16GB RAM

Samsung 256GB SSD

Thrustmaster T16000m HOTAS

Again, Amazing work guys and thank you. I've barley had time to mess around with 2.0 and you are already on 2.1, lol

Just a thought, and the 2.1 update might make this irrelevant, but could a static Aim 120 be added to the model for the disabled pylon in 2.0. I just thought that might be more visually appealing than an empty pylon. Given my total ignorance of 3-d modeling I apologize in advance if that's an unreasonable suggestion, lol

Also this is such a small thing (see apology above). I noticed that when parked on the Nimitz deck planes on the starboard side have their main wheels just a little bit off the deck. While I could possible fix that with a custom lua for the nimitz, is there anything you could suggest that could be done to the plane lua without causing any issues?

Also, I'm not asking for help or support but I thought you might find this interesting. After doing manual installs of both the 2.0 and the last version I somehow messed up the 2.0 install. Everything is working for my play style, (more combined arms, like the old harpoon game) but I somehow wound up with the original Super Hornet E/F/G showing as flyable (in place of the Lot 20) and all the other listed as AI aircraft? Again my bad and I'll sort it out later (maybe with 2.1 🙂) but I just found it interesting.  Thanks again and great job.

12 hours ago, Beldin said:

Also, I'm not asking for help or support but I thought you might find this interesting. After doing manual installs of both the 2.0 and the last version I somehow messed up the 2.0 install. Everything is working for my play style, (more combined arms, like the old harpoon game) but I somehow wound up with the original Super Hornet E/F/G showing as flyable (in place of the Lot 20) and all the other listed as AI aircraft? Again my bad and I'll sort it out later (maybe with 2.1 🙂) but I just found it interesting.  Thanks again and great job.

Sounds as if you haven't uninstalled v1.8 correctly before you installed v2.0.

ASUS ROG Strix B450-F Gaming, AMD Ryzen 3800X, 64 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3000, ASUS TUF Gaming Radeon RX 6800 XT, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 250 GB (OS), Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 1 TB (DCS World), Gigabyte G27QC Gaming Monitor, DelanClip Gamer, WINWING F-16EX Metal Flightstick with Orion2 Joystick Base, WINWING F-15EX II Metal Throttle with Orion2 Throttle Base, WINWING PTO 2 Take Off Panel, VIRPIL Controls Ace Flight Pedals, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, Thrustmaster MFD Cougar Pack, Windows 10 Pro

I too just got this and cant seem to get it to work. I don't have the super hornet option at all in the ME, installed using OvGME

ASUS ROG Strix Helios Case - ASUS AM4 ROG Strix X-570E MB - AMD Ryzen 5 3600 - 64 GB DDR4 3200 G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series - ASUS DualGeForce GTX 1070 - SSD 2x 1TB - HDD 10 TB - Windows 10 Home -

Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS - Thrustmaster TPR Pedels - TrackIR

2 hours ago, CHSStarKiller said:

I too just got this and cant seem to get it to work. I don't have the super hornet option at all in the ME, installed using OvGME

Please check if the history filter is activated in the ME. It is the clock symbol next to the ALT/SAT/MAP buttons at the bottom of the ME window.

ASUS ROG Strix B450-F Gaming, AMD Ryzen 3800X, 64 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3000, ASUS TUF Gaming Radeon RX 6800 XT, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 250 GB (OS), Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 1 TB (DCS World), Gigabyte G27QC Gaming Monitor, DelanClip Gamer, WINWING F-16EX Metal Flightstick with Orion2 Joystick Base, WINWING F-15EX II Metal Throttle with Orion2 Throttle Base, WINWING PTO 2 Take Off Panel, VIRPIL Controls Ace Flight Pedals, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, Thrustmaster MFD Cougar Pack, Windows 10 Pro

• bennyboy9800 changed the title to CJS Super Hornet Community Mod v2.1 - Official Thread

Ok so I got it now.  I only had profiles for the SavedGames folder.  Once I created one for the root it was all good. Working!!!  Thanks

Edited by CHSStarKiller

ASUS ROG Strix Helios Case - ASUS AM4 ROG Strix X-570E MB - AMD Ryzen 5 3600 - 64 GB DDR4 3200 G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series - ASUS DualGeForce GTX 1070 - SSD 2x 1TB - HDD 10 TB - Windows 10 Home -

Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS - Thrustmaster TPR Pedels - TrackIR

Hi, I tried to download this mod but while it was downloading it stopped saying "Your download cannot proceed, because it would take you over the current free transfer allowance for your IP address." and then asks me to pick a subscription. Is there any alternative way I can download this?

• 2 weeks later...

I have been having so much fun with this super hornet.  The only two very minor complaints I see is that the wheels sink into runways when taking off/landing while the base F/A-18C does not do that.

Also the afterburners look very 'orange' and I am respectfully wondering if there is any way to run the base style F/A-18C style afterburners. 

I realize this question might annoy someone, but I am new to DCS and am very into the visuals of this game. The super hornet looks great but the bright orange burners look a bit off to me.

you have done a fantastic job on this mod man

7 hours ago, BlackReef said:

I have been having so much fun with this super hornet.  The only two very minor complaints I see is that the wheels sink into runways when taking off/landing while the base F/A-18C does not do that.

Also the afterburners look very 'orange' and I am respectfully wondering if there is any way to run the base style F/A-18C style afterburners. 

I realize this question might annoy someone, but I am new to DCS and am very into the visuals of this game. The super hornet looks great but the bright orange burners look a bit off to me.

you have done a fantastic job on this mod man

Thanks for the report! We'll look into the wheel issue. We may also be able to edit the burner texture a bit, but I don't believe we can use the same design as ED's FA-18 unless our modeler is willing to make necessary changes to match.  

Intel i7 9700k CPU

Nvidia GTX 1080Ti

16GB RAM

Samsung 256GB SSD

• 2 weeks later...

Mini-Update for v2.1 is Live! 

This patch brings enhancements to the Growler 3D model, changes to the textures and roughmet, and an improved AI SFM. This new SFM should fix many of the odd AI behaviors that have been present in our mod since Open Beta 2.8 introduced the "smarter" AI system. 

Make sure you completely uninstall any previous versions of the mod before installing this update! 

image.jpeg

Edited by bennyboy9800
  • Thanks 2

Intel i7 9700k CPU

Nvidia GTX 1080Ti

16GB RAM

Samsung 256GB SSD

2 hours ago, bennyboy9800 said:

Mini-Update for v2.1 is Live! 

This patch brings enhancements to the Growler 3D model, changes to the textures and roughmet, and an improved AI SFM. This new SFM should fix many of the odd AI behaviors that have been present in our mod since Open Beta 2.8 introduced the "smarter" AI system. 

Make sure you completely uninstall any previous versions of the mod before installing this update! 

image.jpeg

Nice Job! I definetly love this plane!

• Thanks 1

On 2/12/2023 at 11:34 AM, bennyboy9800 said:

Thanks for the report! We'll look into the wheel issue. We may also be able to edit the burner texture a bit, but I don't believe we can use the same design as ED's FA-18 unless our modeler is willing to make necessary changes to match.  

I mean, if you want some help or pointers... all you gotta do is ask,

Assuming your source models are the File404 models, it shouldn't be that hard.
If you want an example, I will share an image, but otherwise I dont want to spam my renders in your thread out of respect for the team.

• Thanks 1

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

12 hours ago, icemaker said:

Nice Job! I definetly love this plane!

Indeed! It´s an awesome asset! i use the Growler with the Skynet IADS script, the AI F-18E tanker as recovery tanker for my carrier ops, fly and bombing with the E or the F version, i´m really enjoying it.

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.