New VSN F-4B/C

Everything is working for me.

Here is what I downloaded and just dragged the folders and files into my VSN F-4 Mod folder and overwrote what was needed.

Here is the cockpit with the updated radar, ranges and RWR.  Thanks for everything PeeJot17 and the VSN Team!!!

Screen_231119_164056.jpg

Capture.JPG

Edited by Geschirre
  • Like 1

"A plan is a list of things that wont happen"

DCS banner.jpg

13 hours ago, Geschirre said:

Everything is working for me.

Here is what I downloaded and just dragged the folders and files into my VSN F-4 Mod folder and overwrote what was needed.

Here is the cockpit with the updated radar, ranges and RWR.  Thanks for everything PeeJot17 and the VSN Team!!!

Screen_231119_164056.jpg

Capture.JPG

Your welcome. We hope you enjoy the little Update:-)

3 hours ago, crazyeddie said:

Do you have an alternative download site ?   I'm getting an empty file every time from the site nominated above.  Tried several times, always the same. 

Sorry. FileHorst is about to close down. This is what we got for the moment...

• 2 weeks later...

I'm getting crashes when I try to fire Shrikes, missile doesn't leave the rail, as soon as I hit Weapon Release the sim crashes. I'm not sure if its something on my end or if there's something up with the F-4 mod itself 🤔

EDIT: PEBKAC. I deleted FXO and metashaders and suddenly everything works! 

Edited by TacticalOni
  • Like 1

The Oni abides, man✌️

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm having problems with the jettison.

With the C ver. I can't drop the tanks of the wings (yes, I select "outboard wing"). The only way to drop them is by selecting "All" but you also throw the load you have on the central pylon

For B version, it seems that is OK so I guess it's some kind of bug. Can it be changed in any way?

Asus Rog Strix Z390F, i9-9900K, 64GB Crucial DDR4/3300, RTX3080, NVMe M.2 980 Pro 1T x2, SSD Evo 860 1T x2, Seagate Barracuda 1T, Seagate Barracuda 6T, HP X32C, HP Reverb G1

There was a patch on their discord correcting this here is the link:

PeeJott11/20/2023 4:21 PM

Patch correcting the "outer Wing" tank-drop-problem.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1067480006126751805/1176301219422142575/VSN_F4_Patch_2.8.7.204.zip?ex=65c16d61&is=65aef861&hm=19db7062b58f2a4a7b67137bcef94e08e3a5250ff8e2e6741b7880a06321b581&

Edited by Geschirre
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"A plan is a list of things that wont happen"

DCS banner.jpg

Thanks Geschirre!

I usually keep this mod up to date but I must have missed that update

Asus Rog Strix Z390F, i9-9900K, 64GB Crucial DDR4/3300, RTX3080, NVMe M.2 980 Pro 1T x2, SSD Evo 860 1T x2, Seagate Barracuda 1T, Seagate Barracuda 6T, HP X32C, HP Reverb G1

On 1/26/2023 at 10:44 PM, Sgt_Fresh said:

I just made my first carrier landing:

After talking crap about it. Now you want praise for using it... What happened to complaining about no manuals and the flight model being a mess? 

I'm guessing it turns out that you just sucked at it because everyone has trouble when starting off in a new aircraft.

• Like 1

On 2/8/2024 at 2:34 PM, Nealius said:

Download and patches are a hot mess. We have to download which version and then install multiple patches? Why is there no centralized, current version in a single download?

Nope, they are not. You need x.x.x.200 x.x.x.201 x.x.x.203 and 204.... Just pretty straight forward I would say.

We are not making everything a "new" mod since it is zipped 1GB download...no use downloading 95% stuff that has not changed...

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, impreza said:

What about J variant? Are there any mod to use amraams? .I dont know this mod.

Only the F-4F ICE Phase 2, for Germany, was able to employ the AMRAAM ... it is not a matter of simply hanging the missile, as it needs a radar that can support it.

• Like 2

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

On 2/14/2024 at 6:19 AM, PeeJott17 said:

Nope, they are not. You need x.x.x.200 x.x.x.201 x.x.x.203 and 204.... Just pretty straight forward I would say.

We are not making everything a "new" mod since it is zipped 1GB download...no use downloading 95% stuff that has not changed...

You wouldn't be compiling the mod + updates for everyone to re-download....you'd be compiling them for new players who are interested, but perhaps don't have the patience nor inclination to search out all updates, and then wonder "Is this all there is, or am I missing a hypothetical "205" update.

Make things easier for people, you might see more getting the mod! 

Well, yes and no. We will be releasing quick-patches from time to time. We will try to gather them after a while into one bigger Patch (see above). After substantial changes we will release an updated complete mod.

I think it is not too hard to follow and, very frankly, if it is too much "work" to figure out which patches are needed...hhhhmmm...How will the learning part of a New aircraft will go? I guess it will not be too satisfying...

• Like 2

Does anyone have any RAF/RN skins for the F-4B/C?

I can find some for the F-4E MOD but the wings do not fold on the model used for the E MOD.

I'm editing the specs a bit to create a F-4K to use on the the British carrier Hermes and it's a lot easier to fit on the deck with the wings folded.

Thanks in advance if anyone knows where to find one 

2 minutes ago, Beldin said:

anyone knows where to find one

I found these (made by @Urbi I think), on the VSN Discord:

97Y8hfo.jpg

• Thanks 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Here is a small collection of UK/USN F4 skins I collected from various different places last year, I cant recollect where exactly. They are all in .bmp format so you will have to create the liveries for yourself.   None of them were created by me, I just gathered them up for my own game and I have probably done some small bits of work on them so if I have stepped on anyones toes inadvertently I apologise in advance. 

You will find an 892 Sqn Livery from HMS Ark Royal R09 in there, HMS Hermes never carried F4's.

Credit for these belongs with the original authors. 

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/am8lcg6wri8na87lxfn19/UK-F4.zip?rlkey=m8vmdvh54lijule3v17fowcjj&dl=0

• Thanks 2

Thanks guys.

It's funny watching the ai Phantom land on Hermes. Basically if they have anything more than 100 lbs of fuel left in the tank and they don't catch wire 1 or 2 the nose, or whole plane, wind up about 10-20 past the end of the deck.😂 I can see why they never cleared the phantom for use on HMS Hermes. I'm playing around with the F-4 specs a little to see if I can make it work without completely making up the specs for the F-4k (FG.)

I'll post some pics vids later and thanks again for the info pm the skins 

• Like 1