Pre-order, 17th of February’23

YoYo

22 minutes ago, AdrianL said:

Will not be on steam

image.png

Thanks for responding - i shall now stop reloading steam and hoping it appears..

System specs:
i9-11900KF OC to 5500Mhz with water block- MSI RTX4090 OC - ASUS ROG HERO VIII - 64GB DDR4 @3600MHz- 1TB SSD OS - 2TB SSD GAME- 1000W PSU
Pimax 8kx - TM Pendular Pedals - TM Warthog Throttle - TM Waterhog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - WinWing Pheonix MIP/UPC - Homemade Landing Gear control.  Andre's SimShaker driving two subwoofers and seat kickers for seat and control column vibration - sketchpad linked to OpenKneeboard - VoiceAttack with VIACOM Pro

15 minutes ago, PluckyUnderdog said:

So to sum up, no miles able to be used - no definitive release date - no steam pre order release - bungled and repeatedly changed pre-order date.

Own goal.

I'll see what early access brings. 👍

5aa22d7456db5.image.jpg?resize=400,281

Edited by Beirut
  • Like 3

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!

5 minutes ago, Njinsa said:

Judging by extremely low app server response in last 2 hours, I'd dare to say that Razbam will survive those 'own goals'.

Some will play (when it hits EA), some wait and watch.

Freedom of choice. 

Absolutely. People have the freedom to choose. And I've no doubt it's been a success for the developer.

I personally think they've handled it badly. It does not mean I will cut off my nose to spite my face, so to speak. I'll still of course get it, it's just now I will wait, whereas say a few weeks ago, I would've pre-ordered without hesitation.

• Like 4

i7 12700, 3070ti, 64GB Orion 2 F16EX grip and throttle, Thrustmaster TPR pedals

4 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

Here is what I can confirm 

Pre-order is today the 17th February 2023 

Early access date to be given when we are ready to, it depends on many things including internal testing. 

We will keep you all informed. 

thanks

The pre order is only today? the tag line on the thread title says it is only available today, I cannot therefore pre-order tomorrow or any other time up to early access?

Sons of Dogs, Come Eat Flesh

Clan Cameron

19 minutes ago, AdrianL said:

See earlier post. Pre-order is not on steam. Early access will be

Ok thanks for the update! So annoying that these companies don´t get along. But at least we end-users dont need to change plattform. 

5 minutes ago, Alicatt said:

I cannot therefore pre-order tomorrow or any other time up to early access

You can pre-order up till they release the EA product. So you have a few more months to do it.

They will announce when EA is going to be released (at least they normally do)

Edited by AdrianL

1 hour ago, pii said:

And now Stop buying on Steam,Please! It offers nothing other than making ED less profitable which isn't good for them or us. 

I bought all aircrafts, maps and most of the campaigns... and I mean all of them (you can check my account), and I did it on Steam because I could, i.e. someone decided earlier to make the game available on Steam. I'm not going to move now, it's too late. And I won't let anyone to treat me as a 2nd class citizen. I understand RAZBAM may have reasons, but I have mine.

I was checking Steam on 15th, now on 17th and then I got the news, disappointed but I will manage, I won't forget though.

• Like 8

Since appearing on Steam some years ago, the number of people playing DCS through Steam has steadily increased.   I'm aware that a chunk of change will be taken by the platform, before it gets to ED/Razbam, but Steam also expands the potential market for buyers significantly...   I can only guess that ED has calculated that they'll raise more than enough pre-order funds through stand-alone users to not need to offer pre-orders on Steam.

DCS World Steam Edition - Steam Charts

Edited by GayCavalier
  • Like 1

System specs:
i9-11900KF OC to 5500Mhz with water block- MSI RTX4090 OC - ASUS ROG HERO VIII - 64GB DDR4 @3600MHz- 1TB SSD OS - 2TB SSD GAME- 1000W PSU
Pimax 8kx - TM Pendular Pedals - TM Warthog Throttle - TM Waterhog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - WinWing Pheonix MIP/UPC - Homemade Landing Gear control.  Andre's SimShaker driving two subwoofers and seat kickers for seat and control column vibration - sketchpad linked to OpenKneeboard - VoiceAttack with VIACOM Pro

On 2/17/2023 at 6:52 PM, elewarr said:

I bought all aircrafts, maps and most of the campaigns... and I mean all of them (you can check my account), and I did it on Steam because I could, i.e. someone decided earlier to make the game available on Steam. I'm not going to move now, it's too late. And I won't let anyone to treat me as a 2nd class citizen. I understand RAZBAM may have reasons, but I have mine.

I was checking Steam on 15th, now on 17th and then I got the news, disappointed but I will manage, I won't forget though.

It's Razbam mess

Edited by Falconeer
  • Like 1

Planes:                                      Choppers:                                       Maps:

• Flaming Cliffs 3                      Black Shark 2                                 Syria
  • A-10C Tank killer 2                Black Shark 3                                 Persian Gulf
  • F/A18C Hornet                       AH-64 Apache                               Mariana's
  • F-16C Viper   
  • F-15E Strike Eagle                   
  • Mirage 2000C
  • AJS-37 Viggen
  • JF-17 Thunder
  • F-14 Tomcat

Disappointed it's not on Steam. I hope they change their minds, I simply can't preorder from ED store. Banks here steal too much when converting currency. Steam allows me to pay in my country's currency, without additional fees piled on.

I'm fine with waiting, but please put the preorder on Steam.

• Like 1

This is a bad start, if other third-party developers also do not pre-order on Steam in the future, DCS will undoubtedly lose many Steam users, and it is unfair to the existing virtual pilots who are used to start the game on Steam. 

I would like to point out that the payment system of the ED e-shop is not easy to use in some countries, which is why people there prefer to use Steam. Don't forget them.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, AdrianL said:

You can pre-order up till they release the EA product. So you have a few more months to do it.

They will announce when EA is going to be released (at least they normally do)

That is how it has been with the other modules, but, the statement made by @BIGNEWY and the tag in the title makes it read that the pre order is for today only

Sons of Dogs, Come Eat Flesh

Clan Cameron

I’d assume no Steam preorder also means that the Steam users cannot get the book that’s being given out for the preorder period.

• Like 2

-Tinkerer, Certified F-14 and AIM-54 Nut | Discord: @dsplayer

Setup: i7-8700k, GTX 1080 Ti, 32GB 3066Mhz, Lots of Storage, Saitek/Logitech X56 HOTAS, TrackIR + TrackClipPro
Modules: F-14, F/A-18, JF-17, F-16C, Mirage 2000C, FC3, F-5E, Mi-24P, AJS-37, AV-8B, A-10C II, AH-64D, MiG-21bis, F-86F, MiG-19P, P-51D, Mirage F1, L-39, C-101, SA342M, Ka-50 III, Supercarrier, F-15E
Maps: Caucasus, Marianas, South Atlantic, Persian Gulf, Syria, Nevada

Mods I've Made: F-14 Factory Clean Cockpit Mod | Modern F-14 Weapons Mod | Iranian F-14 Weapons Pack | F-14B Nozzle Percentage Mod + Label Fix | AIM-23 Hawk Mod for F-14