Pre-order, 17th of February’23

YoYo

9 hours ago, AdrianL said:

It will be EA. It will have all A-A weapons, dumb bombs and GBUs at this point. Everything else comes later.

And then they add the CTU's over time

image.png

Thanks for me the first versions is the one I really care about with LANTIRN = Low Altitude Navigation and Targeting Infrared for Night!!

Enough said.

https://youtu.be/LeRZ8qlU7yo

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ignition said:

Guys, don't be so angry. 56 U$S for a preorder is not so bad compared to the rest of the modules.

I guess most people don't remember but the F-14 on preorder was 70U$S.

Don't forget the cut of ED and the discounted price, if the 3rd party also sells its product on steam it has another 30% cut.

ED can sell on steam and use miles since no one else is taking a cut.

Yes, the price has very good level for pre orders. The only problem is that no even estimated month of relese and not released yet! 😝

• Like 2

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Before I submit a ticket to ED...

Anyone else having problems completing the payment for the F-15 pre-order?

After filling in all my credentials and confirming the payment on my bank app, ED's website gives me a "verwerking mislukt" message (translated: "processing failed").

I tried 3 times now with the same result.

Anyone else experiencing this? If so, I'll just wait for ED to solve it, otherwise I'll submit a support ticked.

EDIT:

Nevermind, I solved the issue by trying a 4th time 😅

Edited by sirrah
  • Like 2

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

On 2/15/2023 at 12:52 PM, Beirut said:

It's not about worrying, it's about fun. Pre-ordering a new plane is fun for a lot of people. And nobody wants their fun delayed.

It really is that simple.

Thats what you call fun?

• Like 7

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Am I right in thinking it's a 30% pre-order discount and then once it enters early access the discount is 20%? If so, I'll definitely go for the pre-order discount but prefer to wait until they indicate a release date. 

RAZBAM make some great stuff but I've found they tend to hit more teething problems than I've noticed with the likes of Heatblur so I'm a bit gunshy when it comes to putting the $$$ early.

11 minutes ago, Shibbyland said:

Am I right in thinking it's a 30% pre-order discount and then once it enters early access the discount is 20%? If so, I'll definitely go for the pre-order discount but prefer to wait until they indicate a release date. 

RAZBAM make some great stuff but I've found they tend to hit more teething problems than I've noticed with the likes of Heatblur so I'm a bit gunshy when it comes to putting the $$$ early.

That's what I heard too.

Similar mindset to yourself, I was prepared to pre-order initially but they've made an absolute pig's ear of it in my view so it put me off a bit. Plus, I'm not paying money for thin air, with no definitive release date. It could conceivably be months before it's released under EA.

i7 12700, 3070ti, 64GB Orion 2 F16EX grip and throttle, Thrustmaster TPR pedals

For those of you who have already preordered: Did you receive Part 1 of Be Afraid of the Dark, or will that come later? I know Part 2 isn't written yet and will be a separate purchase...

Modules: [A-10C] [AJS 37] [AV8B N/A] [F-5E] [F-14] [F/A-18C] [FC3] [Ka-50] [M-2000C] [Mig-21 bis] [NTTR] [PG] [SC]

Intel i7-12700F, Nvidia GTX 3080, MSI MPG Z690 Carbon WiFi, 32GB DDR4 @ 1600 MHz, SteelSeries Apex Pro, Razer Basilisk 3

VKB Gunfighter 3 w/ F-14 grip, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle, Thrustmaster MFD Cougars x2, MFG Crosswind,

DSD Flight Series button controller, XK-24, Oculus Rift (HM-A)

11 minutes ago, Horns said:

For those of you who have already preordered: Did you receive Part 1 of Be Afraid of the Dark, or will that come later? I know Part 2 isn't written yet and will be a separate purchase...

Just now, Marshallman said:

How long is the pre order on for, anyone know???

to "few months or sooner". So someday.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

3 minutes ago, Marshallman said:

How long is the pre order on for, anyone know???

I think it's usually until the module enters Early Access (ie becomes available to module owners). No one knows exactly how long that will be right now. According to this weekly news it will be "a few months later" than yesterday, "perhaps sooner".

• Like 3

Modules: [A-10C] [AJS 37] [AV8B N/A] [F-5E] [F-14] [F/A-18C] [FC3] [Ka-50] [M-2000C] [Mig-21 bis] [NTTR] [PG] [SC]

Intel i7-12700F, Nvidia GTX 3080, MSI MPG Z690 Carbon WiFi, 32GB DDR4 @ 1600 MHz, SteelSeries Apex Pro, Razer Basilisk 3

VKB Gunfighter 3 w/ F-14 grip, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle, Thrustmaster MFD Cougars x2, MFG Crosswind,

DSD Flight Series button controller, XK-24, Oculus Rift (HM-A)

1 hour ago, Razor68 said:

Thats what you call fun?

Amongst 100,000 other things in life, yes.

And I enjoy lots of things about DCS specifically, including reading about news and updates and new modules coming out. I enjoy talking to other forum members about planes and choppers and how to fly them well and figure out the systems. I enjoy watching DCS tutorials and podcast about the sim. And I enjoy pre-ordering and buying modules as well. And of course having a great flight is the icing on the cake.

None of this is particular to me. 

• Like 1

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!

1 hour ago, Horns said:

I think it's usually until the module enters Early Access (ie becomes available to module owners). No one knows exactly how long that will be right now. According to this weekly news it will be "a few months later" than yesterday, "perhaps sooner".

Thankyou!!

• Like 1

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700K CPU @ 3.80GHz   Turbo 5.1 GHz, Asus Prime Motherboard B460M-A, Nvidia Geoforce RTX4090, 64gB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR 3600Mhz,Windows 10 Pro Reverb G2V2

10 hours ago, Rudel_chw said:

did you knew that participating on the miles program, or not, is a prerogative of each developer? For example, most Campaigns don’t  accept or accrue miles  either .. will you stop purchasing Campaigns too? 🙄

actually no i didnt know that ive never struck it before thanks for the heads up ,i dont really care since im not really a jet jockey only fly em for a bit of fun i prefer real aircraft lol

• Like 1

Ryzen 7 7800x3D with AIO, RTX4080 Eagle OC, 64GB DDR5 6000mhz HP Reverb G2 & Pico4 Windows 11 Pro

What do you mean by 'adress" ? Turn down your settings more and more after each update until you're looking at 3 pixels?
Yes i guess that's an option. 
Altough i'm not sure that you're up to date, i don't want to have this discussion in this topic so check your DM
Yes maybe my first comment does not belong here in the first place, i just want ED to know that they're losing revenue. (unless i'm the only one of course that stopped playing and buying modules of course

Address, pay attention to, take care of, deal with, that's what that means.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, sirrah said:

Before I submit a ticket to ED...

Anyone else having problems completing the payment for the F-15 pre-order?

After filling in all my credentials and confirming the payment on my bank app, ED's website gives me a "verwerking mislukt" message (translated: "processing failed").

I tried 3 times now with the same result.

Anyone else experiencing this? If so, I'll just wait for ED to solve it, otherwise I'll submit a support ticked.

EDIT:

Nevermind, I solved the issue by trying a 4th time 😅

I had the same problem trying several times with 3 different cards, eventualy it accepted the payment.

20 minutes ago, AirMeister said:

What do you mean by 'adress" ? Turn down your settings more and more after each update until you're looking at 3 pixels?
Yes i guess that's an option. 
Altough i'm not sure that you're up to date, i don't want to have this discussion in this topic so check your DM

Yes maybe my first comment does not belong here in the first place, i just want ED to know that they're losing revenue. (unless i'm the only one of course that stopped playing and buying modules of course 🙂

No, you're not the only one. Normally train as part of the Harrier aeros team, but it's become unplayable after the last update. Not Razbams fault though, something ED did has porked the VR for a lot of people, mainly occulus users (Rift S here).

Edited by Harry.R
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, YoYo said:

to "few months or sooner". So someday.

I have a feeling that we will only get it after release. I didn't get the mod for the book. I believe they don't have a way to give us the book with out the mod it self. I'm not sure if the wording inplyed that we get the book when we pre-order or as a bonus file for all those that did and be delivered after the mod release. I'm not bother if I get it before or after release just a nice bonus.

15 hours ago, Rudel_chw said:

did you knew that participating on the miles program, or not, is a prerogative of each developer? For example, most Campaigns don’t  accept or accrue miles  either .. will you stop purchasing Campaigns too? 🙄

Thank you. I was going to link the EULA which CLEARLY States, not all 3rd party developers will participate (or are required to), in the MILES program.

But then I backed out and deleted it. Why? What is the point, some folks just want to exist in a state of perpetual grievance.

However, all that notwithstanding. The EULA (if anyone takes the time to read it) clearly states how/when MILES can be used, under what circumstances, and that not every module or developer will always get the MILES bonus or be required to participate in it.

Edited by SmirkingGerbil
clarity
  • Like 2

Pointy end hurt! Fire burn!!
JTF-191 25th Draggins - Hawg Main. Black Shark 2, A10C, A10CII, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Mig-15, Mig-19, Mig-21, P-51, F-15, Su-27, Su-33, Mig-29, FW-190 Dora, Anton, BF 109, Mossie, Normandy, Caucasus, NTTR, Persian Gulf, Channel, Syria, Marianas, WWII Assets, CA. (WWII backer picked aircraft ME-262, P-47D).

1 hour ago, SmirkingGerbil said:

some folks just want to exist in a state of perpetual grievance.

+1 fully agree, couldn't have said it better with my limited english.

BTW, Razbam has accepted ED miles on other products, for example I purchased the SA Map getting a price discount of 12.7 US$ in addition to the 20% discount of Early Access ... maybe for the F-15E case, Razbam chose to omit the ED miles in order to fit their costs within an US$ 80 list price ceiling, who knows?

I love using Miles as much as anyone, but its not the end of the world and I will use my accrued miles to purchase the Kola Map, or the Phantom, whichever cames out first 🙂

Edited by Rudel_chw
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

11 hours ago, Razor68 said:

Thats what you call fun?

I get this question.  I really do.  I would think the same thing if it wasn't me.

But when so much of your free time is dedicated to this hobby ... yes?  I mean, I was counting down the days for the pre-order, even knowing I would get nothing on that day.

The human psyche is truly a weird thing, but yes, it's satisfying to some of us on some level to have contributed in some way to the existence of this thing. I think it makes it more "real", or at least proves to us in some way that it actually is coming, versus being just another rumor.  Nothing is real until money changes hands (I know there are exceptions to this), so I think maybe that's where the "fun", or at least the drive to do it comes in.

Edited by Rex
  • Like 1

Rex's Rig

Intel i9-14900K | Nvidia RTX 4090 | 64GB DDR5 | 3x4TB 990 Pro M2 SSDs | HP Reverb 2 | 49" Samsung 5120x1440 @ 120Mhz

TM Warthog Stick + Throttle | TM Pendulum Pedals | MS Sidewinder 2 FFB | Track IR |  Cougar MFD x 2 

18 minutes ago, Rex said:

I get this question.  I really do.  I would think the same thing if it wasn't me.

But when so much of your free time is dedicated to this hobby ... yes?  I mean, I was counting down the days for the pre-order, even knowing I would get nothing on that day.

The human psyche is truly a weird thing, but yes, it's satisfying to some of us on some level to have contributed in some way to the existence of this thing. I think it makes it more "real", or at least proves to us in some way that it actually is coming, versus being just another rumor.  Nothing is real until money changes hands (I know there are exceptions to this), so I think maybe that's where the "fun", or at least the drive to do it comes in.

And don't forget, RazBam and ED were verrrrry happy pushing the pre-order. It's not like the customer base invented the pre-order hype - the pre-order hype was manufactured for the customer base. It brings in a chunk o' change and builds interest for a product that is yet to be. Raz and ED are fully aware of what they are doing. 

😃 "Cool plane! Awesome trailer! Booming bombs! Sizzling sounds! Pre-order incoming. Excitement!  Excitement! Excitement!"

I'm completely fine with that. They like selling hype and we like buying hype. They like selling planes and we like buying planes. It's fun. And it's reasonable that many in the Steam base are disappointed with how things worked out given the hype before the fact followed by, well, the fact.

• Like 3

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!

BigNewy, can you provide at least an approximate number of F-15E pre-orders purchased in the first 48 hours? Just out of curiosity 😉 Maybe it would be nice to give some kind of ranking of the best-selling modules in some time (eg the first 48 hours)? 😉

• Like 1