Pre-order, 17th of February’23

YoYo

10 minutes ago, JohnMclane said:

Steam users cannot get the book that’s being given out for the preorder period.

The book is only coming with EA. It was never part of the pre-order.

It will be in the F-15E docs folder along with the manual when installed

Edited by AdrianL
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Alicatt said:

That is how it has been with the other modules, but, the statement made by @BIGNEWY and the tag in the title makes it read that the pre order is for today only

What makes you think the person who tagged the thread with that has any idea what they're talking about?

• Like 2

Nvidia RTX3080 (HP Reverb), AMD 3800x

Asus Prime X570P, 64GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)

2 hours ago, pii said:

Well, I suspect Steam has some say in it. 

And now Stop buying on Steam,Please! It offers nothing other than making ED less profitable which isn't good for them or us. 

I would have switched a long time ago, but I live in the middle of nowhere and have a 10mb connection and would need another SSD to allow the transfer so I could still play for the month it would take to download the 400gb   I got DCS on steam with out even knowing there was a standalone.

2 hours ago, pii said:

Well, I suspect Steam has some say in it. 

And now Stop buying on Steam,Please! It offers nothing other than making ED less profitable which isn't good for them or us. 

And also.... If ED doesnt wat to buy through Steam, why do they sell it there?

Are we not getting Miles with the pre-order because Razbam isn't participating in that program? I ask because I got Miles with the Falklands/SA order and it's a Razbam project.

• Like 1

"These are NOT 1 to 1 replicas of the real aircraft, there are countless compromises made on each of them" - Senior ED Member

Modules - Damn near all of them (no Christian Eagle or Yak)

System - i7-12700K, 64Gig DDR4 3200 RAM, RTX-3080, 3 32" monitors at 5760 x 1080, default settings of High (minor tweaks)

• ED Team

tag removed, it made more sense to the ops first post 

threads merged 

• Like 3

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

2 minutes ago, Steve Gee said:

Are we not getting Miles with the pre-order because Razbam isn't participating in that program

Razbam decide the F-15E will not be in the miles program.  They might decide other products will be included in the future. Or maybe they decided it is not worth it/

image.png

12 minutes ago, AdrianL said:

Razbam decide the F-15E will not be in the miles program.  They might decide other products will be included in the future. Or maybe they decided it is not worth it/

image.png

In my opinion (I stress it's my own, and pure speculation on my part) the developer knows they have a 'golden goose' with the Eagle and want to reap as much income as possible from it. Hence the 'pre-order' as well.

Incidentally, that isn't a criticism as such, it's obviously just basic economics.

It just understandably leaves a bit of a sour taste in the mouth.

Edited by PluckyUnderdog
Addition of a sentence
  • Like 1

i7 12700, 3070ti, 64GB Orion 2 F16EX grip and throttle, Thrustmaster TPR pedals

Hmm. Getting it for $24 would have felt like a steal for an F-15E, like, literally. Kind of glad I've missed the chance to be tempted by like 15 minutes..

Now, just need a Tornado to complete the list of my three most played sims on my first PC (MP's F-14 FD and F-15 SE3, DI's Tornado).

Fortunately, the DCS gods have granted us some mercy in that regard recently, so here's hoping..

Edited by Dudikoff
  • Like 2

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

55 minutes ago, AdrianL said:

image.png

Does this equally mean I am not getting any miles if I purchase F-15E now? I do not want to use miles in pre-ordering the Eagle but at least give me my accrued miles.

• Like 2

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

3 minutes ago, Eaglewings said:

Does this equally mean I am not getting any miles if I purchase F-15E now? I do not want to use miles in pre-ordering the Eagle but at least give me my accrued miles.

on the store under the price of every module u see (MILES: ####) for every module except the F15E

46 minutes ago, Dudikoff said:

Hmm. Getting it for $24 would have felt like a steal for an F-15E, like, literally. Kind of glad I've missed the chance to be tempted by like 15 minutes..

Now, just need a Tornado to complete the list of my three most played sims on my first PC (MP's F-14 FD and F-15 SE3, DI's Tornado).

Fortunately, the DCS gods have granted us some mercy in that regard recently, so here's hoping..

I bought the A10C + Combined Arms (with DCS 1.2.) from Amazon for 15 Euro 7-8 years ago and i still feel a little bit guilty. 😅

Specs:WIN10, I7-4790K, ASUS RANGER VII, 16GB G.Skill DDR3, GEFORCE 1080, NVME SSD, SSD, VIRPIL T-50 THROTTLE, K-51 COLLECTIVE, MS FFB2 (CH COMBATSTICK MOD), MFG CROSSWINDS, JETPAD, RIFT S

Modules:A10C, AH-64D, AJS-37, AV8B, BF109K4, CA, F/A18C, F14, F5EII, F86F, FC3, FW190A8, FW190D9, KA50, L39, M2000C, MI8TV2, MI24P, MIG15BIS, MIG19P, MIG21BIS, MIRAGE F1, P51D, SA342, SPITFIRE, UH1H, NORMANDY, PERSIAN GULF, CHANNEL, SYRIA

Thrustmaster TWCS Afterburner Detent
https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=223776

My Frankenwinder ffb2 stick

29 minutes ago, Eaglewings said:

THIS.  I get why they decide to not allow miles to be used in the purchase but at least let us accrue miles for the full pre order pricing.  Not even allowing miles to accrue is a D punch.

• Like 1

Got my order in, man it was log jammed earlier, could'nt even get connected 😃, So went and had a mug of tea, chilled, and it's all sorted on the next attempt. 

Wonder how many have sold? In two minds on this one, I worked with RAF Lakenheath from RAF Honington, on various things, had a monthly visit to the North Sea range control and watched a few live and a few recorded 'fights', always interesting to see the RAF'V USAF methods and then off to the burger bar....but don't get run over by a trundling Strike Eagle. Noisy objects. I think this wlll be a few screens too many for me, but as long as it has LN on the tail, I'll be happy ....its what retirement is for, wheeeee!!!!!😄

• Like 2

Would that be possible to, at least, provide a Steam key to those who preorder through ED store? I suppose I could do that, but I'm not going to move off Steam just because of one module.

Otherwise, I'll be waiting for it to be 30% off on a sale. No skin off my nose, it'll probably take a while for singleplayer content to be made, anyway. This Steam user does not appreciate the middle finger, thank you very much.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Dragon1-1 said:

Would that be possible to, at least, provide a Steam key to those who preorder through ED store? I suppose I could do that, but I'm not going to move off Steam just because of one module.

Otherwise, I'll be waiting for it to be 30% off on a sale. No skin off my nose, it'll probably take a while for singleplayer content to be made, anyway. This Steam user does not appreciate the middle finger, thank you very much.

Valve takes a large margin, it wouldn't make sense to sell a module at 30% off on a store that takes 30%; a little math shows a return of 49% of the full price.

My advice is to move to standalone, because you can bring any steam purchased modules over to the standalone client, which gives you 2 stores to buy from.

Edited by Foogle
Fixed bad math
  • Like 6

4 minutes ago, VDV said:

one stupid question - when F-15E will ready for download, will it be EA (i hope not), or it will be full released from day one?

As we know - someday.

• Like 1

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro