Military Assets for DCS by Currenthill

Love your MOD

Any reason I can't see the DF-21 Missile in DCS

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

LUCKY:pilotfly::joystick:

Computer Specs

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 6-Core 3.4 GHz| GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 6Gb | RAM: 32 GB DDR4 @ 3000 MHz | OS: Win 10 64 bit | HD: 500 Gb SSD

3 часа назад, potatoman530 сказал:

This would be very cool on the Sinai map to recreate the Egyptian crossing of 1973

It turns out that this should be the "ship" on which the tank is traveling...

GreyCat_SPb

On 2/10/2024 at 9:10 PM, gabriel said:

What is the next package you will update?

I haven't decided yet, we'll see.

21 hours ago, SteelPig said:

That's an impressive amount of new models and fixed or added things. Your work makes the DCS environment so much more rich and divers! 

I assume for now other packs will come first, but if you come back to the China asset pack someday, I would love to see chinese coast guard units and maybe some maritime militia ships if possible. 

Oh,and regarding to packs: How about something like "insurgents asset pack"? 

Thanks for the suggestions!

17 hours ago, Schlingel mit Kringel said:

I'd really love to see some (cold war) towed guns next, they are really missing in DCS. Not necessarily in a towed configuration (in so far this is possible at all in DCS) but as a deployed asset. I checked out that D-30 mod mentioned a few pages back. But tbh i'd prefer everything in one pack from a reliable creator/minimize my sources instead of using so and so many different mods from so and so many creators no one knows if they all are still maintained/downloadable next year, or in six month.

D-20/D-30/2A36, M102/M198/M110, FH70, FH77, L118 should fit a good time frame probably and smash most use-cases? Someone might add Chinese ones as i got zero clue about their equipment.

I will look into cold war assets. 👍🏻

15 hours ago, X-Ray said:

Just wonder if eastern bloc static standing pilot figures can be made.. 

It hasn't been a priority, but you never know.

10 hours ago, gabriel said:

In your mods, is it not possible to exchange the black glass for transparent video?

Do you mean the windows/glass on a lot of my assets? If so, the reason is because most of my asset don't have an actual interior and I don't want to spend too much time making stuff that doesn't really make any difference. I rather make more assets. 

10 hours ago, ruddy122 said:

Love your MOD

Any reason I can't see the DF-21 Missile in DCS

Thanks! The DF-21D works fine for me and has been tested with all my other assets. Sounds like a conflict, remove all mods and test them in blocks to find the culprit.

6 hours ago, CarbonFox said:

For your Russian assets down the line, the T-80BVM would be a good addition.

👍🏻

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 2/8/2024 at 7:27 AM, Rudel_chw said:

on on how to add the esteemed Сurrr

@currenthill First of all want to thank you for your hard work you're doing for DCS community !

I would also want to leave in here my suggestion while you are still considering what to do next :). As we have a lot of pew-pew units now... and I mean A LOT 🙂 .... would you want to dive a bit into support assets ? What I am thinking as of now is as follows:

- a "downed pilot" for both Blue and Red to be used for CSAR missions. While there is such a mod in the wild, that one is affecting the IC for no good reason, so a cleaner integrated solution within your mods would be much better.

- an infantry JTAC unit. Again, there is a good one in the wild, but is part of a bigger mod-pack so would be better to have one within your mods just for deconfliction with the installed mods. That JTAC seems to use some drones sensors and is having a good detection capabilities (which is a must have). Let me know if interested to provide more details about.

- field repair units like Bergenpanzers - nothing fancy, more for immersion

- red infantry - i know you've said that ED is having them in the works... but I still think  would be a good addition. Just couple of them for immersion. 

• Like 1

Romanian Community for DCS World

HW Specs: AMD 7900X, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090, HOTAS Virpil, MFG, CLS-E, custom

20 minutes ago, cao990 said:

Today is really a bad day. I can't access the game interface. Can you enter the game normally

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

I think the S-350 is overperforming

Did some tests: Skill Level High

JASSM

S-350(With the search radar) shoots at 35NM

S-350(Without the search radar) shoots at 23NM

(range difference is because it launches missiles without the 50N6 STR and just with the 96L6 SR)

HQ-22 shoots at 25NM

SA-20B shoots at 22NM

KH-101 (has a larger RCS) 

Patriot shoots at 16NM

NASAMS shoots at 12NM

26 minutes ago, koslammer said:

How do I get the DF-21 to fire. I cant get it to work. (AKA what radar do I use or actually make it shoot)

I understand your question since DCS limitations requires me to be innovative. 😅

The DF-21D can be used in two ways.

1) With AWACS support. The DF-21D will launch at will if the target is within AWACS range. 

2) With (imaginary) satellite support. The DF-21D will only launch if you give it a fire at group/unit order, but you can use it at its maximum range. This is my emulation of using satellites for targeting.

• Like 4

looking for mod culprit

start with popular mods like Su-30 and Eurofighter

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Computer Specs

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 6-Core 3.4 GHz| GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 6Gb | RAM: 32 GB DDR4 @ 3000 MHz | OS: Win 10 64 bit | HD: 500 Gb SSD

On 2/11/2024 at 12:25 PM, SteelPig said:

That's an impressive amount of new models and fixed or added things. Your work makes the DCS environment so much more rich and divers! 

I assume for now other packs will come first, but if you come back to the China asset pack someday, I would love to see chinese coast guard units and maybe some maritime militia ships if possible. 

Oh,and regarding to packs: How about something like "insurgents asset pack"? 

What assets would you give insurgent forces, some old Pakastani motorbikes, farmers tools, if you are lucky a stolen ANP Forde Ranger? 

• Like 1

AMD 3800x, Asrock 570X Taichi, 32GB Corsair Platinum, MSI 1080Ti, Corsair MP600 Gen 4 1TB NVMe. Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB NVMe, Samsung 860 1TB SSD, Custom Watercooling, AOC 32" 4K Screen.

Trying Caucuses Map

Only CH Mods Installed

No missile depicted in PG map or Sinai Map in F10

Both Max Range and A-50

Caucus works but PG and Sinai No

Edited by ruddy122

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Computer Specs

1 hour ago, pegasus1 said:

What assets would you give insurgent forces, some old Pakastani motorbikes, farmers tools, if you are lucky a stolen ANP Forde Ranger? 

-Improvised rocket launchers/mortars in the soil.

-Anti ship missiles (ask the houthis or hezbollah)
-civil drones with payloads

-IED's

-AK's of all kinds, G3's, 

-tanks

-trucks

-AA

Insurgents CAN be guys in pyjamas. But they can also be damn well equipped. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, SteelPig said:

-IED's

-tanks

-trucks

-AA

Here is some of that stuff: 

• Like 1

CVT_Les-premiers-et-les-derniers_2624.jp

On 2/10/2024 at 9:21 PM, LtGuava said:

This is absolutely wonderful to see on Chinese New Year! You sir is the DaVinci and Michelangelo of DCS! This is simply amazing to behold. To tell you the truth, ever since your mod has landed on DCS, I spent majority of the time playing out battle scenarios between AIs. I am not even flying anymore hahaha! I love to see your work in action in DCS. The details you put into these weapon system is so amazing that I think every third party company should be fighting for your talent! I wish you the best and most auspicious new year full of success! Wish you the best in the year of the dragon! 

Lol I'm like you, I wonder if I can still get a MIG 21BIS to start up! greetings to all the virtual pilots!

Edited by Adolf Galland

19 hours ago, SteelPig said:

-IED's

-tanks

-trucks

-AA

If they are equipped to that level then they have ceased to be 'insurgents'. Asymmetrical warfare is conducted by small lightly armed groups using guerilla tactics against a larger more technically equipped professional Army.

Its common for civilians to confuse Anti Terrorism, Counter Insurgency and Conventional Warfare. As an example we are currently seeing all three during the Ukraine/Russian conflict but they are all very different in concept and execution for both sides.

AMD 3800x, Asrock 570X Taichi, 32GB Corsair Platinum, MSI 1080Ti, Corsair MP600 Gen 4 1TB NVMe. Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB NVMe, Samsung 860 1TB SSD, Custom Watercooling, AOC 32" 4K Screen.

When using the HIMARs and M270 to Fire at Point, I noticed the rockets landing at only a specific spot and not saturated over the 800 ft radius I set. Not sure how to get the rocket to do a saturation attack on a group of targets.

Edited by CarbonFox

F/A-18C; A-10C; F-14B; Mirage 2000C; A-4E; F-16C; Flaming Cliffs 3

I figured out the DF-21

I run OB 2.9.2.44099 the latest one 

In DCS some ships  show up like ARA Santa Fe others don't like DCS Tico

I use Santa Fe I could see missile

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Computer Specs