NVG Mod for DCS 2.9

7 hours ago, Taz1004 said:

This is NVG_SIZE at 0.9

image.jpeg

This is at 0.1

image.jpeg

Seems to work for both 2D and VR on my end.

The mod was updated yesterday for 2.9.  Did you update?

I don't know if it has issues with foveated rendering or any other DCS feature I'm not using.  If problem persists, try posting your system spec and settings to find the common setting between anyone having same issue.

I updated to 2.9 of course. No fullscreen with these settings: float NVG_SIZE = 0.1; //Taz1004 NVG size.  Default is 1.  Higher is smaller

My specs: Pico4, 4090, 64GB ram, 7800x3d

Hello and thanks Taz1004 for this Mod. 1 issue I'm having tho is when in VR I am unable to adjust the size or position values. Always defaults to the same monocular. But in 2D if I change the size value to 0.0 it shows in full screen. Any way to get the full screen effect in VR? Running a G2 headset. Thanks!

Edited by greyeagle787

For those who are in VR and the full screen setting is not working, I got it to work by modifying the below blue words in \Bazar\shaders\PostEffects\NVD_HDR.fx.

OLD:
technique10 Compose {
    pass P0 {
        SetPixelShader(CompileShader(ps_5_0, PS(false, false)));
        COMMON_PART
    }
    pass P1 {
        SetPixelShader(CompileShader(ps_5_0, PS(true, false)));
        COMMON_PART
    }
    pass P2
    {
        SetPixelShader(CompileShader(ps_5_0, PS(true, true)));
        COMMON_PART
    }
}

NEW:

technique10 Compose {
    pass P0 {
        COMMON_PART
    }
    pass P1 {
        COMMON_PART
    }
    pass P2
    {
        SetPixelShader(CompileShader(ps_5_0, PS(false, true)));
        COMMON_PART
    }
}

The 2 booleans that are changed from true to false represent whether or not to use the mask or not.  Not sure why VR uses a different one than 2D, but I just changed them all to false and it worked for me in VR.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, STKDirty said:

For those who are in VR and the full screen setting is not working, I got it to work by modifying the below blue words in \Bazar\shaders\PostEffects\NVD_HDR.fx.

OLD:
technique10 Compose {
    pass P0 {
        COMMON_PART
    }
    pass P1 {
        SetPixelShader(CompileShader(ps_5_0, PS(true, false)));
        COMMON_PART
    }
    pass P2
    {
        SetPixelShader(CompileShader(ps_5_0, PS(true, true)));
        COMMON_PART
    }
}

NEW:

technique10 Compose {
    pass P0 {
        COMMON_PART
    }
    pass P1 {
        COMMON_PART
    }
    pass P2
    {
        SetPixelShader(CompileShader(ps_5_0, PS(false, true)));
        COMMON_PART
    }
}

The 2 booleans that are changed from true to false represent whether or not to use the mask or not.  Not sure why VR uses a different one than 2D, but I just changed them all to false and it worked for me in VR.

Great work and thanks! Have to wait til tomorrow to try it out. Just tried this, Outstanding!!

Edited by greyeagle787

On 10/22/2023 at 8:29 PM, Lt_Jaeger said:

Go back to vanilla NVGs, they work great with pimax crystal. 

You're right; I'm now on 2.9 and the "original" ones work flawless with DFR!

nullimage.png

And... this mod does now too!?

taz-custom.png

-> Also, the NVGs look the same in every module, right? Because the original remind of Gen1 goggles, which is perfect for the old P-51, but tbh, in the F16 or 18 you should have gen3 or 4.

Is it possible to get the year you're flying in and change the values in this mod accordingly? I have to admit, I don't think so, as those files are loaded when starting the game, so aren't really variable, but maybe there's a way for a "new" mod, which makes the NVGs use different values for different modules or year you fly in 🙂

Anyone got changing NVG_SIZE and NVG_VERT_POS to work? 

I fly an A-10C II in VR and post my DCS journey on Is your phone a YouTube Signature Device? - Gizmochina     |   Subscribe to my DCS A-10C channel   

Come check out the 132nd Virtual Wing                                   |   My 4090 VR Performance Optimization  
SYSTEM SPECS: Ryzen 7 5800X3D, RTX4090, Varjo Aero, VKB Gunfigher MKIII MCG Ultimate with 10cm extension,VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, VPC Control Panel #2, TM TPR Rudders. 64GB RAM, W10, Gametrix Jetseat, PointCTRL (currently broken), OpenKneeboard, Wacom Intuos.

132nd.Ready_Signatur.png

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Legs said:

Where exactly does this go? Saved Games or root? Trying to do this using OVGME on the latest build for OB

Read the first post.

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

8 hours ago, SickSidewinder9 said:

Or can we make it not break IC somehow?

Yep.  Had to turn off IC on the Hollo Pointe server for this

• Like 1

Visit the Hollo Pointe DCS World server -- an open server with a variety of COOP & H2H missions including Combined Arms. All released missions are available for free download, modification and public hosting, from my Wrecking Crew Projects site.

17 hours ago, Wrecking Crew said:

Yep.  Had to turn off IC on the Hollo Pointe server for this

The other problem is, the way modding works, apparently, is that it can't just be added as an addon that overwrites the vanilla classes and values, so you have to reinstall every time the game updates.  Also not great.  Or maybe it can be done?

9 minutes ago, SickSidewinder9 said:

The other problem is, the way modding works, apparently, is that it can't just be added as an addon that overwrites the vanilla classes and values, so you have to reinstall every time the game updates.  Also not great.  Or maybe it can be done?

use a mod manager... and get into the habit of turning it off before you install updates and back on after you have updated

it also makes it easier to flow between ic and non-ic 

• Like 2

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

15 hours ago, speed-of-heat said:

use a mod manager... and get into the habit of turning it off before you install updates and back on after you have updated

it also makes it easier to flow between ic and non-ic 

I think I tried to use one and it was the most unintuitive bull<profanity> I've ever seen.  And I'm pretty good with computers.  The proper solution is for ED to make night vision not completely worthless.

Edited by SickSidewinder9
yes

• 2 months later...
On 11/3/2023 at 7:30 PM, Ready said:

Anyone got changing NVG_SIZE and NVG_VERT_POS to work? 

Tried everything..Blur and noise can be adjusted but nothing yet with position and size. Not a big fan of flying with full screen NVG in VR with the above changes.. Feels like cheating lol

Love the Mod and have been using it for many months now.  I've recently gotten into MP and as discussed, there are many servers that won't allow me to join since my install now fails the IC.  Is there some work around here for someone not using (or even aware of) a mod manager?  Is there a way for me to go back and forth between a DCS install that uses the NVD mod and one that doesn't?  Thanks!

F-18C/F-14/P-51/F-86 Pico4/Quest2 VR with Intel Core i9 3.0GHZ 24 -Core, 16GB, GeForce RTX 4070 ti

Yes, @2circle see this DCS utility -- DCS Updater GUI Utility, by SkateZilla --

Edited by Wrecking Crew

Visit the Hollo Pointe DCS World server -- an open server with a variety of COOP & H2H missions including Combined Arms. All released missions are available for free download, modification and public hosting, from my Wrecking Crew Projects site.

23 hours ago, tomeye said:

OVGmE or similar mod manager is what you need. You can easily enable or disable mods from DCS.

Thanks Tomeye and Wrecking crew.  I've downloaded OGVME and am starting to get familiar with it.  Before I get too far down the road, perhaps you could shed some light on a few items...

In the case of the NVD Mod on this thread - which I've already downloaded and copied over the existing (core DCS) Bazaar Shaders folders - how would I undo that so that I can once again pass the IC found on some of the MP servers?  Do I need to redownload DCS?  If so, what will happen to all my skins and aircraft mods?  Key bindings? Mission and campaign progress?

Is there a way to repair/restore the folder in question (so my install passes the IC), then redownload the NVG mod and enable it using OVGME?

Am I better served to download another version of DCS elsewhere on my hard drive?

Thank you!

F-18C/F-14/P-51/F-86 Pico4/Quest2 VR with Intel Core i9 3.0GHZ 24 -Core, 16GB, GeForce RTX 4070 ti