DCS Optimized Textures

3 hours ago, jnr4817 said:

Makes total sense. Thanks homie.

I've gotten all your mods to work except Core and LIveries. For some reason ovgme will not make and archive. I also cant drag DL'd zip file into my mod archive. Very weird.

I unpack (unzip) the downloaded files.
Both the Core and Liveries have many files that replace very big original ones in the DCS installation. If you're using OVGME, and therefore automatically making backups during mod installation, it will take a while (sometimes even seem as it's stopped and not responding). All you need is patience. 🙂  It's making backups at same time it is replacing all these files, very heavy work on the drive(s) during this operation, and not as fast as with most other mods.

Edited by LucShep
  • Like 2

CGTC Caucasus retexture mod  |  A-10A cockpit retexture mod  |  Shadows reduced impact mod  |  DCS 2.5.6  (the best version for performance, VR or 2D)

DCS terrain modules_July23_27pc_ns.pngDCS aircraft modules_July23_27pc_ns.png  aka Luke Marqs; call sign "Ducko" =

Spoiler

Win10 Pro x64 | Intel i7 12700K (@5.1/5.0p + 3.9e) | 64GB DDR4 @3466 CL16 (Crucial Ballistix) | RTX 3090 24GB EVGA FTW3 Ultra | 2TB NVMe (MP600 Pro XT) + 500GB SSD (WD Blue) + 3TB HDD (Toshiba P300) + 1TB HDD (WD Blue) | Corsair RMX 850W | Asus Z690 TUF+ D4 | TR PA120SE | Fractal Meshify C | UAD Volt1 + Sennheiser HD-599SE | 7x USB 3.0 Hub | 50'' 4K Philips 7608/12 UHD TV (+Head Tracking) | HP Reverb G1 Pro (VR) | TM Warthog + Logitech X56 

5 hours ago, LucShep said:

I unpack (unzip) the downloaded files.
Both the Core and Liveries have many files that replace very big original ones in the DCS installation. If you're using OVGME, and therefore automatically making backups during mod installation, it will take a while (sometimes even seem as it's stopped and not responding). All you need is patience. 🙂  It's making backups at same time it is replacing all these files, very heavy work on the drive(s) during this operation, and not as fast as with most other mods.

For some reason OvGme won’t let me make an archive. Fails each time. 

8600K|64 GB 3200|4090|m.2

http://www.blacksharkden.com/

Come join us!

Hello

I made an optimized version of AH-64D cockpit here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/vhu5nn6nl9xuqai/Optimized_AH-64D.zip/file (478 MB)

And for Mi-24P here : https://www.mediafire.com/file/vbfjw499bofqo1e/Optimized_Mi-24P.zip/file (39 MB)

@Taz1004 : Maybe you can put them with your links in first post ?

3 hours ago, jnr4817 said:

For some reason OvGme won’t let me make an archive. Fails each time. 

You may need to change your "backup" folder place...By default it is on your system folder (C: )

Edited by lefuneste01
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

P8700K @4.8 GHz, 3080ti, 32 GB RAM, HP reverb Pro.

I spend my time making 3dmigoto VR mods for BoS and DCS instead of flying, see https://www.patreon.com/lefuneste

1 hour ago, lefuneste01 said:

Hello

I made an optimized version of AH-64D cockpit here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/vhu5nn6nl9xuqai/Optimized_AH-64D.zip/file (478 MB)

And for Mi-24P here : https://www.mediafire.com/file/vbfjw499bofqo1e/Optimized_Mi-24P.zip/file (39 MB)

You may need to change your "backup" folder place...By default it is on your system folder (C: )

It is not on my c drive. I’ve got everything separated like suggested. Haven’t ever had issues with OvGme before. 

Come join us!

39 minutes ago, jnr4817 said:

It is not on my c drive. I’ve got everything separated like suggested. Haven’t ever had issues with OvGme before. 

As OvGME is copying the original textures into the backup fonder, did you check the space on the drive where it is located ? I had to define a dedicated backup place to have enough room...

• Like 1

P8700K @4.8 GHz, 3080ti, 32 GB RAM, HP reverb Pro.

I spend my time making 3dmigoto VR mods for BoS and DCS instead of flying, see https://www.patreon.com/lefuneste

26 minutes ago, lefuneste01 said:

As OvGME is copying the original textures into the backup fonder, did you check the space on the drive where it is located ? I had to define a dedicated backup place to have enough room...

I did. I have 500gb available.

I noticed something, that has never happened before. All of my ovgme mods I use, I've just dragged and dropped into the config mod folder and it showed up in ovgme. After watching a few YT, I unpacked it and copy and pasted the folder itself into the config mods folder and it shows up. Is it due to size? I am not sure what the best practice is, as most mods come "ovgme ready".

Screenshot 2023-04-08 093532.png

Come join us!

I did. I have 500gb available.
I noticed something, that has never happened before. All of my ovgme mods I use, I've just dragged and dropped into the config mod folder and it showed up in ovgme. After watching a few YT, I unpacked it and copy and pasted the folder itself into the config mods folder and it shows up. Is it due to size? I am not sure what the best practice is, as most mods come "ovgme ready".

Screenshot2023-04-08093532.thumb.png.6c355af493697991ff4b6f848abd7f02.png
I typically unrar and drop the folder in.
  • Like 1

12900KF | Maximus Hero Z690 | ASUS 4090 TUF OC | 64GB DDR5 5200 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Varjo Aero

Really, I've always used zip files.
Yup, always unzipped. No particular reason other than I like to check the folder structure

• Like 1

12900KF | Maximus Hero Z690 | ASUS 4090 TUF OC | 64GB DDR5 5200 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Varjo Aero

4 hours ago, lefuneste01 said:

Hello

Done.  Thanks!

• Like 2

Your mods are incredible. All of them are a MUST to have. As other members said, I do not understand the reasons for ED for not doing something like that for many years. Hopefully they compensate you and apply your knowledge to the next patches.

Any chances of optimized SuperCarrier and / or Marianas?

😉

If I were ED or any of the 3rd party developers, I would provide you with all the modules for free... What are the reasons to buy/play a non optimized module vs any of these? The difference in performance I see is quite important... Just my 2 cents...

Edited by KCOOL
  • Like 2

Just to doublecheck, these all will end up with the files going to the main install folder?  I have them there but I'm not seeing any improvement in VRAM usage, in fact I'm getting a slight increase.  Normally 7.7 to 7.8 out of 8 GB and with these pointed to the main install folder I'm at 8-8.1 from the get-go. I deleted my FXO and metashaders2 folders in saved games but no improvement.

On 4/6/2023 at 6:29 PM, Taz1004 said:

It was on Kegety's thread.  You can download below.  Search for "Taz" on where to adjust.  DCS will recompile each time you re-install this.  Doesn't take more than 30 seconds for me.

Taz1004_Haze.zip 2.26 kB · 43 downloads

So with your core installed, do I not need this one?

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

--Arthur C Clark

2 hours ago, EFGross said:

Just to doublecheck, these all will end up with the files going to the main install folder?  I have them there but I'm not seeing any improvement in VRAM usage, in fact I'm getting a slight increase.  Normally 7.7 to 7.8 out of 8 GB and with these pointed to the main install folder I'm at 8-8.1 from the get-go. I deleted my FXO and metashaders2 folders in saved games but no improvement.

What's the total size of DCS main install folder before and after.

419 GB (450,397,614,329 bytes) before, 395 GB (424,349,512,987 bytes) after.  I removed the Viggen and Mirage liveries since I don't own those and didnt install the KA-50 or Hind files as I don't own those either.

Edited by EFGross

38 minutes ago, EFGross said:

419 GB (450,397,614,329 bytes) before, 395 GB (424,349,512,987 bytes) after.  I removed the Viggen and Mirage liveries since I don't own those and didnt install the KA-50 or Hind files as I don't own those either.

I can only speculate from my desk.  But if it's 7.8 without and 8.1 with, then it sounds like the mission you're running is maxing out your 8GB VRAM either way.  If the mission requires 10GB VRAM and this mod saves 1GB, you're still gonna max out.  I suggest testing on lighter mission.

Also, make sure you compare under same conditions.  If you start another mission or browse encyclopedia and then run your test, it'll report higher VRAM.

• Like 1

Amazing mods Taz.

Thank you so much for all you do for the community.

These work really well. More FPS and no stutters.

Question: For me (3080 10G) Caucasus work better in MT, but Syria better in ST. Does it make sense?

After a mission, do you restart DCS before starting a new mission? Stating a new mission in the the same DCS session gives me much lower FPS compared to the 1st mission in that DCS session.

Edited by KCOOL

1 hour ago, KCOOL said:

Amazing mods Taz.

Thank you so much for all you do for the community.

These work really well. More FPS and no stutters.

Question: For me (3080 10G) Caucasus work better in MT, but Syria better in ST. Does it make sense?

After a mission, do you restart DCS before starting a new mission? Stating a new mission in the the same DCS session gives me much lower FPS compared to the 1st mission in that DCS session.

By a lot?  I get better performance on Syria in MT.

image.gif

By restarting DCS, I do get lower VRAM on same mission than playing multiple missions in a row.  But as long as it's not maxed out, I don't see much difference in FPS.

When you bring up Viggen or Mirage F1 in Encyclopedia, does it show up right away or does it take long time?

Edited by Taz1004

I think the release is worthwhile Taz, as its basically a demo of 'what could be', for customers to get behind the value of optimization that you raised oh so long ago.

I don't think you can or want to keep it updated, I've not seen two releases that didn't have changes in this area and people need to keep their expectations very low. But having done this and allowing more than just a few voices on the topic is a good thing for the general objective.

It's good that you have been so passionate about this topic, it's the only thing that makes changes around here. I've no idea what the ED impact is so far, if they decide to go back over them and convert them we will all know if that happens.

• Like 7

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *