DCS Optimized Textures

1 hour ago, Taz1004 said:

Seems to be working fine on my end?

image.jpeg

I don't get this using Core.  Is this using lefuneste's cockpit?  If so, I can't fix it as I don't have Apache.  Uninstall it until lefuneste or someone else fixes it.

I will try and redownload the mod later today, and see... Re the Ah64 nope the native cockpit edit - sorry see what you mean, yes using lefuneste's cockpit

Edited by speed-of-heat

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

@Taz1004 what @MAXsenna said... 🙂

p.s. redownloaded core and seems to be ok now ..odd 

• Like 2

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero

12 hours ago, Taz1004 said:

UPDATED:  11-16-2023

CoreMods/aircraft/ChinaAssetPack/Textures/JF-17 (Delete and redownload the folder)
CoreMods/aircraft/FA-18C/Textures/FA-18C.zip
CoreMods/aircraft/Mi-24P/Textures/mi-24p.zip
CoreMods/aircraft/Mirage-F1/Textures/Mirage-F1_common.zip
CoreMods/aircraft/Mirage-F1/Textures/Mirage-F1_RoughMet.zip

I'm not seeing working links on the original post for these updates?

14 minutes ago, KeyserSoze62 said:

I'm not seeing working links on the original post for these updates?

Links are folders you can BROWSE.  You should download the entire folder the first time but after that, browse and only download files that are updated.  Updated files will be listed at the bottom of this post or you can sort by Date Modified.  My Google Drive has bandwidth limit.  Please don't download the entire folder each update.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Taz1004 said:

Links are folders you can BROWSE.  You should download the entire folder the first time but after that, browse and only download files that are updated.  Updated files will be listed at the bottom of this post or you can sort by Date Modified.  My Google Drive has bandwidth limit.  Please don't download the entire folder each update.

Taz mods on just released dcs update with latest nvidia driver is a winning combo

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Taz1004 said:

I don't get this using Core.  Is this using lefuneste's cockpit?  If so, I can't fix it as I don't have Apache.  Uninstall it until lefuneste or someone else fixes it.

Sorry, but I'm not able to reproduce, see the picture below...(The pink rotor is a test I'm doing to disable them by using DCS shader modification..)

Screen_231117_094204.jpg

P8700K @4.8 GHz, 3080ti, 32 GB RAM, HP reverb Pro.

I spend my time making 3dmigoto VR mods for BoS and DCS instead of flying, see https://www.patreon.com/lefuneste

1 hour ago, lefuneste01 said:

Sorry, but I'm not able to reproduce, see the picture below...(The pink rotor is a test I'm doing to disable them by using DCS shader modification..)

Screen_231117_094204.jpg

strange try on the syria quick start if you have it ?

I went all the way to the JF-17 folder, as shown, but when I click on the download button, it was said to be Download Ready, nothing happened...

image.png

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

1 hour ago, VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants said:

I went all the way to the JF-17 folder, as shown, but when I click on the download button, it was said to be Download Ready, nothing happened...

image.png

I have the same issue in FF, but it works fine in Chrome.

• Like 1

12900KF | Maximus Hero Z690 | ASUS 4090 TUF OC | 64GB DDR5 5200 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Varjo Aero

Worked ok for me in chrome.

• Like 1

Asus Dark Hero X570, AMD 5800x Oc to 5ghz on 2 cores, RX6900XT Reference Oc to 2700mhz+MPT, All on Custom Water Loop, 3600 CL15 XMP, 2xCrucial P5P 1T M2, Hotas Warthog, Reverb G2,

Latest DCS Open Beta and VR only

A10CII and AH64D, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Marianas, Caucasus 

• 3 weeks later...

So I'm getting kicked back by IC on servers with pure textures off for the normal maps and roughmet. Is that known/expected behavior? This is with the latest open beta version.

Edit: After further testing I narrowed it down to being a different mod, Taz's kneeboard waypoint mod, making the client impure somehow and getting buried in the IC fails for the textures.

Edited by Aced170

15 hours ago, RedeyeStorm said:

I have found that the texture of the B-13L do not work. You will find the zip in the ‘Optimized Core’, bazar/world/texture. Delete zip and the B-13L rocket pod got their texture back.

Fixed.  Thanks for reporting.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

> Terrain scenery performance: optimized instancing and improved and optimized streaming.

Anecdotally, I've heard that performance is better for folks after this latest patch. Maybe the benefit of this mod is reduced or (gasp) rendered unnecessary now? Anyone done any comparisons since this patch?

Zyll @ TAW

• Like 2

ED made some nice changes in the latest patch but all of the files that TAZ's updates fixes are still as big as ever in the latest DCS Build. 

In my case running an AMD RX6800:

• Noticed for some unknown reason that I actually lost FPS installing the full assortment of DCS Optimized Textures Mod Core, Livers and Cockpit Textures. 
  • About 7 FPS less in Caucasus and 4 FPS less in Syria.  
  • I can't explain it but just to make sure I download all the MOD files again and install each part one at a time and can confirm that performance stays the same. 👍 - FIRST World Problem solved for sure!

For those with 8 GB or 10 GB  of VRAM on their GPU's they may still want to confirm VRAM usage since mileage can vary greatly with cards and setups.  

Edited by YSIAD_RIP
Did some Trouble shooting and updated with comments
  • Like 1
  • Do not own:  | F-15E | JF-17 | Fw 190 A-8 | Bf 109 |
  • Hardware:  [ - Ryzen7-5800X - 32GB - RX 6800 - X56 HOTAS Throttle -  WINWING Orion 2 F16EX Grip - TrackIR 5 - Tobii 5C - JetPad FSE - ]

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/5/2023 at 9:25 PM, Taz1004 said:

I wasn't planning on sharing this as it's too big but there were some requests so here it is.  Please read all instructions and notes.

Many of DCS textures are needlessly large.  Wasting VRAM and drive space.  This mod reduces those textures at no reduction in quality.  Benefits of this would be:

• Reduced DCS install size. (By about 26GB with all optimization)
  • Reduced loading time.
  • Reduced chance of running out of VRAM.
  • Possible performance benefit

Performance benefit will depend on your graphic card and mission.  It will save more VRAM on heavier mission.  Average VRAM reduction I've experienced is between 1GB to 3GB.  With 1 - 4 FPS gain on my 16GB VRAM.  May benefit more in VR.  Or you may not see any FPS gain if you already have enough VRAM.  YMMV.

Optimized.gif

INSTALL with Mod Manager (Recommended):

• Place the folder into your Mod Manager Mods repository.  (Keep correct folder structure per your Mod Manager)

INSTALL without Mod Manager (Not recommended):

• Copy and overwrite files in DCS main install directory.  Backup your files.

NOTES:

• This is texture mod.  It will not pass "Pure Texture" IC check.
  • I only optimized cockpits for modules that I own.  If you want to optimize modules I don't have or optimize more aggressively, I posted simple instruction HERE
  • In order to maximize the drive space of your DCS install drive, I highly recommend putting your Mod Manager repository on different drive than your DCS install drive.  For OvGME, make sure to also set "Custom configuration backup folder" to the slower drive.

DOWNLOADS:  These are Google Drive links because files are too large.  You will get virus warnings.  You can check for virus after download.

Optimized Core  (10GB)

Optimized Liveries  (7.2GB)

COCKPITS:

Optimized A10C-II  (412MB)  Updated 4-13-2023

Optimized F-16C  (150MB)

Optimized FA-18C  (133MB)  Updated 10-26-2023

Optimized Ka-50-3  (200MB)

Optimized AH-64D  (478MB by lefuneste01)

Optimized Mi-24P  (81MB by lefuneste01)  Updated 5-03-2023

UPDATED:  12-22-2023

• CoreMods/aircraft/FA-18C/Textures/FA-18C.zip
  • CoreMods/aircraft/AH-64D/Textures/AH-64D.zip
  • CoreMods/tech/TechWeaponPack/Textures/rapier_fsa_launcher_radar.zip
  • CoreMods/tech/TechWeaponPack/Textures/rapier_fsa_missile.zip
  • CoreMods/tech/TechWeaponPack/Textures/rapier_fsa_optical_tracker_unit.zip
  • CoreMods/tech/TechWeaponPack/Textures/rapier_fsa_selector_engagement_zone_box.zip
  • Bazar/World/textures/b-13l.zip

Thank you sir

On 7/25/2023 at 7:35 AM, Taz1004 said:

I would delete the Syria mod now.  Appears Ugra have improved optimization and some files are actually smaller than my mod.

Also uploaded another core update.  It's just additional texture for A10C-II's wheel chocks.

I've also removed F-15E files because it's constantly being updated/changed.  If you downloaded it before, delete F-15E from CoreMods/aircraft/ of this mod.

Hi, is the "Syria mod' included in the Core files, or is this another mod I didn't know about?

Asus ROG Maximus X Apex//Core I7 8700K @ 5.3Ghz //32GB DDR4 RAM//Asus 3090 RTX//4K monitor w/ TrackIR 5