Normandy 2.0 FAQ **Updated**

NineLine

5 minutes ago, =37.Sqn= Mjugen said:
  • I get a very large warning that I ALREADY HAVE THIS PRODUCT when trying to buy Normandy 2.0

@BIGNEWY @NineLine

I'm also getting this warning. Should we proceed with the upgrade purchase?

Edited by Hartsblade

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core Processor | Asus TUFF nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 OC | Asus ROG Crosshair VII Dark Hero | 64GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600 RAM | Windows 10 Pro x64 | Virpil MT-50 CM2 Throttle | Virpil Alpha on WarBRD base |  Virpil Ace 1 Rudder Pedals | Saitek Pro Flight Throttle Quadrant (x2) |Acer x34 P 3440 x 1440 | Valve Index VR | DCS on NVME

I get a very large warning that I ALREADY HAVE THIS PRODUCT when trying to buy Normandy 2.0
Should I wait? Is it OK to go ahead? cc @NineLine
Go on, it will work (the payment). Probably the system trace the v2 as the same of v1 (and for some reasons is it true).

Inviato dal mio BLA-L09 utilizzando Tapatalk

That I believe is the wrong link for you

Steam: https://store.steampowered.com/app/2399880/DCS_Normandy_20/
Only for Normandy 1944 owners: https://store.steampowered.com/app/2314970/DCS_Normandy_2_Upgrade/
for both Normandy 1944 and The Channel owners: https://store.steampowered.com/app/2399900/DCS_Normandy_20_Upgrade/

I'm Dragon in the Multiplayer servers.

I own The Channel.  The 2 steam offerings are one for "For those of you who own DCS: Normandy 1944 and DCS: The Channel maps", and "For those of you who own DCS: Normandy 1944"

Where is the one for me only owning The Channel?  Steam lets me go all the way to the checkout (even trying the cheapest one oddly where it should normally say sorry you don't own both), but I'm reluctant to try either

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, RafaPolit said:

That I believe is the wrong link for you

Steam: https://store.steampowered.com/app/2399880/DCS_Normandy_20/
Only for Normandy 1944 owners: https://store.steampowered.com/app/2314970/DCS_Normandy_2_Upgrade/
for both Normandy 1944 and The Channel owners: https://store.steampowered.com/app/2399900/DCS_Normandy_20_Upgrade/

I have both maps, and I have followed your last link, still received "duplicated items" warning message. I have already spent 70+ euros on those 2 maps, I don't wanna waste additional 10 euros on incorrect update/bad purchase...

image.png

Edited by MrG721

DCS Steam Edition Hangar:

DCS.png

So I purchased Normy 2 update (I already own the other two) and it appears that I did NOT receive the update, the warning is correct. High-detail is not available, this is what I get in London:

image.png

Not what I expected. Will attempt a refund.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cfrag said:

So I purchased Normy 2 update (I already own the other two) and it appears that I did NOT receive the update, the warning is correct. High-detail is not available, this is what I get in London:

I own both, got the warning but proceeded to purchase anyway. I had nothing to download but had already updated via Skatezilla app and it was 50Gb or so. Tried London and it was high detail.

Is it possible you need to download the update in the module manager?

• Like 1

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

8 minutes ago, cfrag said:

image.png

Maybe you want rule out errors or misconceptions first (on EDs side or yours)…..

Geeze…. that‘s a short fuse.

• Like 1

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

2 minutes ago, Baldrick33 said:

Is it possible you need to download the update in the module manager?

Thanks, @Baldrick33, unfortunately not in Steam - there's no module manager like in Standalone. There was no download for me either, the Update for DCS was some 20 GB, which I assume was the Hi Texture Normy. I then pruchased the DCS Update, but as you can see the graphics are highly unsatisfactory. 

I'll try a full reboot and see if I can get it to accept my upgrade.

13 minutes ago, cfrag said:

image.png

That\s gotta be a bum install. Have you tried a repair or a re-installation?

I'm about to jump into mine.

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!

4 minutes ago, Hiob said:

Maybe you want rule out errors or misconceptions first (on EDs side or yours)…..

Geeze…. that‘s a short fuse.

I get similar thing, I see I have both Normandy 1944, Normandt 2 and Normandy 2, upgrade 2 installed at the same time. I've tried a repare, I've tried to delete the DLC so I just have Normandy 2. But nothing happnes.

oopps.jpg

2 minutes ago, cfrag said:

Thanks, @Baldrick33, unfortunately not in Steam - there's no module manager like in Standalone. There was no download for me either, the Update for DCS was some 20 GB, which I assume was the Hi Texture Normy. I then pruchased the DCS Update, but as you can see the graphics are highly unsatisfactory. 

I'll try a full reboot and see if I can get it to accept my upgrade.

There is a modual manager, right click DCS on steam, and go to properties, and you have DLCs that you can delete and install as your plessure.

Edited by Gunfreak
  • Thanks 1

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.

2 minutes ago, Gunfreak said:

I get similar thing, I see I have both Normandy 1944, Normandt 2 and Normandy 2, upgrade 2 installed at the same time. I've tried a repare, I've tried to delete the DLC so I just have Normandy 2. But nothing happnes.

I won't start drawing conclusions before the store is repaired ("you already own that licence") and ED has officially given a statement. "Never play on Patch Day", remember? 😅

(Never patch on play-day...would be better)

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"