Work left to do in the F1 CE and F1 EE (some of it will affect BE and M):

• INS overhaul.
    • Improved alignments.
    • Improved drift.
    • General bug fixes.
  • RWR sounds.
  • Radar overhaul:
    • BZ mode.
    • Dynamic noise model (including gain adjustment).
    • IR missile radar slaving.
    • Elevation control in V1 mode for 7 and 15 nm ranges.
  • IR missiles logic/tone improvements:
    • Cage/uncage logic.
  • Radar and Optical Sight test modes.
  • New pilot model.
  • Finishing flight manual.
  • More missions.
  • Campaign.

Other versions:

• F1 BE.
  • F1 M.

Payload additions:

• BRP-250 bomb.
  • BME-330 bomb.
  • CC-420 cannon pod.
  • PHIMAT.
  • JL100 rocket pod.

Disclaimer: Known bugs and any bugs reported in the future will obviously be worked on and fixed. This list is not necessarily complete and other features might be added in the future too.

Edited by Vibora
  • Like 34
  • Thanks 12

Roberto "Vibora" Seoane

Alas Rojas

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

sigpic97175_2_small.pngAERGES-LOGO-sin_fondo_small.png

Hi,

Big F1 fan, thank you for this great module.

Can you give us an update on your plans regarding F1 variants of other nations?

I think especially the french (C-200, CT, CR) and the south african (CZ, AZ) variants would be very much appreciated.

Are they planned at all, maybe as a paid addon or something similar?

I also heard something somewhere about an eventual graphical update of the external model of the F1, is this still on the cards?

Best regards,

Booka42

• Like 1

Could we get some more details on what the radar overhaul will entail?

Specifically I'd like to ask the question why MTI is not actually being modeled and the radar is working more like a PD radar. 

I guess some of this might be addressed in the "dynamic noise" model (will this include sidelobe issues at lower altitudes, will it be effected by where the radar is pointing (up/down)?. An MTI radar model should also include things like multiple blind speeds, and various other problems in lookdown. I don't know it for certain, but the current radar model looks to me like its simply the FC3 radar with a noise animation which for a FF model is quite disappointing given what other developers like Razbam, Heatblur, and now even ED are doing. 

• Like 2

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

The radar overhaul will include a revision of the tracking capabilities and the noise in the whole envelope. Expect it to, in general, work worse than a PD radar. Nevertheless, our SMEs' feedback is that the noise levels should be lower than they are now in many instances. Take into consideration that selected mode, antenna position above ground and gain settings will be affecting the amount of clutter.

Regarding the 3D model: we continuously work on improving the accuracy of both the model and the textures. Any report that helps us in this task is, of course, very welcomed.

• Like 10

30 minutes ago, fausete said:

The radar overhaul will include a revision of the tracking capabilities and the noise in the whole envelope. Expect it to, in general, work worse than a PD radar. Nevertheless, our SMEs' feedback is that the noise levels should be lower than they are now in many instances. Take into consideration that selected mode, antenna position above ground and gain settings will be affecting the amount of clutter.

Regarding the 3D model: we continuously work on improving the accuracy of both the model and the textures. Any report that helps us in this task is, of course, very welcomed.

Yeah I'd expect there to be minimal noise at higher altitudes in general, or when looking "up". And more noise from sidelobe clutter etc at low altitude, and probably the worst at low/mid alt looking down.

Any comments on blind speed. 

I did post an entire mathematical model of how all this works a while back.

• Like 1

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

1 ora fa, fausete ha scritto:

For the 3d model part imho what should be really reworked is the stick.

Looks very strange and low quality in comparison to the real one and , generally speaking , to overall quality of the 3d cockpit.

I understand this might not be top priority  but , if you are updating the model , please consider a stick rework.

In terms of texturing it would be great to have higher resolution textures on the external 3d model

0598418.jpg

3_fs.jpg

Edited by Drangoll

@Drangoll if I'm not mistaken, the stick in that picture is the F1 M stick, which is different from the other variants. I'll pass the feedback to the texturers in any case. 

Nevertheless, the spirit of this thread is to present the items that will come in the future and answer questions about them. Particular bug reports (including textures/ 3D model) should be done in a different post using the usual procedure.

• Like 6

22 minuti fa, fausete ha scritto:

@Drangoll if I'm not mistaken, the stick in that picture is the F1 M stick, which is different from the other variants. I'll pass the feedback to the texturers in any case. 

Nevertheless, the spirit of this thread is to present the items that will come in the future and answer questions about them. Particular bug reports (including textures/ 3D model) should be done in a different post using the usual procedure.

Yeah my bad , wrong photo there (adjusted now ).

Anyway thanks for taking the time to collect feedback 🙂

Will the other radar modes be coming at some point? Like the terrain avoidance and air-to-ground ranging? I see the BZ mode on the roadmap. I ask because I assume the roadmap is just the updates in the relatively near-future, not all of the updates.

Also, forgive me if this has since been changed, but when the F1EE released, the trim felt much slower than the CE’s trim. Is it supposed to be like that? Or is it a bug? Again, forgive me if it’s already been changed.

Thanks. I love your rendition of the F1! A truly excellent module. Looking forward to all that is in store. It was a good choice of aircraft to model because of its diverse history. Hopefully some more variants will come eventually. I think the community can universally agree on the worthiness of the South African F1AZ. 😉 

Edited by RG2021
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Booka42 said:

I think especially the french (C-200, CT, CR) and the south african (CZ, AZ) variants would be very much appreciated.

Mirage F1 AZ would be amazing.

• Like 3

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | ASRock X670E Steel Legend | 64GB (2x32GB) G.Skill Trident Z5 DDR5-6000MHz CL32 | XFX RX 7900 XTX Merc 310 24GB GDDR6 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe | Corsair HX1000i 1000W 80+ Platinum (2022) | Meta Quest 3 512GB | Dell S3422DWG 34" 144Hz UWQHD (3440x1440) | VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Base & Grip with 200mm VPC Flightstick Extension | VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle | VPC ACE Collection Rudder Pedals | VPC Control Panel #2 & VPC SharKa-50 Control Panel

Thank you for putting up a roadmap and being so good at engaging with the community - not just in this thread but in the forums in general.  It's great to see so many questions answered so quickly, and it really is one of my favourite modules in the sim.

Is there a rough time-frame for being able to configure the laser codes for the LGBs?  I absolutely love lofting them at great distance thanks to the Mirage's great low altitude performance and I'd love to be able to do it more online.

• Like 3

On 5/11/2023 at 8:46 PM, RG2021 said:

Will the other radar modes be coming at some point? Like the terrain avoidance and air-to-ground ranging? I see the BZ mode on the roadmap. I ask because I assume the roadmap is just the updates in the relatively near-future, not all of the updates.

Also, forgive me if this has since been changed, but when the F1EE released, the trim felt much slower than the CE’s trim. Is it supposed to be like that? Or is it a bug? Again, forgive me if it’s already been changed.

Thanks. I love your rendition of the F1! A truly excellent module. Looking forward to all that is in store. It was a good choice of aircraft to model because of its diverse history. Hopefully some more variants will come eventually. I think the community can universally agree on the worthiness of the South African F1AZ. 😉 

Radar air to ground ranging was not available for a lot of Mirage F1 variants. It’s probably a thing for Mirage F1M, but for instance this is why you have a laser range finder on Mirag F1 CT: this were upgraded Mirage F1 C-200, but they kept the original Cyrano IV radar which lacked air to ground ranging. It was cheaper to add a laser rangefinder than to upgrade the radar.

Edited by jojo
  • Like 2

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

On 5/11/2023 at 2:00 PM, Vibora said:

Disclaimer: Known bugs and any bugs reported in the future will obviously be worked on and fixed. This list is not necessarily complete and other features might be added in the future too.

Is there any chance of getting the Patrick pod and the As.30L capacity of the Iraqi birds?

• Like 2

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!

Hi,

I just think the Mirage F1 is great and it's so much fun to get used to it and to deal with it. And I really hope that the F1M will come as soon as possible.

DCS World needs the Panavia Tornado! Really!

On 5/11/2023 at 11:06 PM, Booka42 said:

Hi,

Big F1 fan, thank you for this great module.

I also heard something somewhere about an eventual graphical update of the external model of the F1, is this still on the cards?

Best regards,

Booka42

Aerges have been pretty upfront on which variants of the Mirage F1 they're simulating: The *Spanish* export Mirage F1CE, F1EE, and F1M single-seat fighters and the two-seat Mirage F1BE. Liveries will be provided to *simulate* the Mirage F1s of other nations but nothing like the F1AZ or F1EQ, as a variant of this module, will be produced. 

Definitely nothing French and, as far as I'm aware, no other F1 variants are being produced outside the BE and M (in addition to the CE and EE)

1 hour ago, cailean_556 said:

no other F1 variants are being produced outside the BE and M (in addition to the CE and EE)

I’m completely happy with the planned variants, its the DCS module that includes the most variants for the price of a single module. After they finish the BE and M, I’d prefer that they focus on a new airframe, rather than keep making F1 variants (an F-104G would be lovely, with a possible TF-104G).

• Like 2

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB