Afterburner sound inside the cockpit.

Hiob

I can't tell without looking at the throttle or the controls overlay if the Burner is lit or not.

Would be nice to have an audible feedback.

Thank you!

Edit: I acknowledge - it's there. I missed the first time around. But can you make it bit more impressive? Sounds is the best substitute for missing feels. 🤗

Edited by Hiob
  • Like 2

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

13 minutes ago, randomTOTEN said:

There's an option in the sound settings for increased AB sound.

Which I have enabled by default.

I‘d still wished it was louder. The Tomcat is a good reference.

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

On a similar note, is the general cockpit noise (in which I mean the background rumble) accurate?

Whilst sat on the ground at Idle, it sounds as if the engines are at full military power.  I had to keep checking to see if my throttle axis was faulty, which it was not. 

Is that just the standard F15 electronics ambience (like in the f18?)

I agree about the AB sound. A little "thump" would be useful.

9 hours ago, Hiob said:

The Tomcat is a good reference.

You mean the artistic license from HB with unrealistic sounds all over? Very bad example.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

10 minutes ago, draconus said:

You mean the artistic license from HB with unrealistic sounds all over? Very bad example.

On the contrary, a very good example. These sounds, unrealistic as they are, make up for my missing sense - feel. I neither feel if I actually flipped a switch (or just clicked the mouse button but missed the target), nor do I feel the acceleration as the AB kick in.

I did only a short hop in the F-15 yesterday and had quiet a hard time to figure out when the AB actually kicked in (still need to adjust my throttle) and I DON'T believe a second a real life pilot will look at Nozzle position or something to determin if he is in AB. I bet there are tons of haptic feedbacks in the real thing.

So yes, a little unrealistic enhancement of the other senses might go a long way in this Game!!

• Like 10

27 minutes ago, draconus said:

See, other than some purists (which, given all the short comings and compromises you can't get over anyway, doesn't make much sense at all), I find that sounds is the absolut best option to compensate for a lack of feel. And I'm not alone on that. Wether we are a majority or not, I can't tell. Only thing I know, the Tomcat is a very beloved module.

Anyway - this is debatable. That's the reason I put it under "Wishlist".

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Lt_Jaeger said:

On the contrary, a very good example. These sounds, unrealistic as they are, make up for my missing sense - feel. I neither feel if I actually flipped a switch (or just clicked the mouse button but missed the target), nor do I feel the acceleration as the AB kick in.

I did only a short hop in the F-15 yesterday and had quiet a hard time to figure out when the AB actually kicked in (still need to adjust my throttle) and I DON'T believe a second a real life pilot will look at Nozzle position or something to determin if he is in AB. I bet there are tons of haptic feedbacks in the real thing.

So yes, a little unrealistic enhancement of the other senses might go a long way in this Game!!

Most jets IRL have a detent. You have finger lifts that get the throttle moved into AB or you can push through. I have the Winwing F-18 Super Taurus/Libra setup and it has the detents. 

• Like 1

DO it or Don't, but don't cry about it. Real men don't cry!

IRL pilots can feel it in their arse when the burners are lit, won't you agree? Since I can't have that feeling (unless using very specialized hardware, which not everybody likes or can afford), I at least wanna hear it. What's so hard to get about that?

And not everybody has a throttle with a physical detent either......

Edited by Hiob
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Hiob said:

IRL pilots can feel it in their arse when the burners are lit, won't you agree? Since I can't have that feeling (unless using very specialized hardware, which not everybody likes or can afford), I at least wanna hear it. What's so hard to get about that?

And not everybody has a throttle with a physical detent either......

No. I dont agree. The feels that everyone assumes are there are often not. 

• Like 2

Are we listening to the same thing?  I was able to hear the afterburners light up perfectly well, I just finished fine tuning my AB throttle setting.  It's not dramatic or like going to a rock concert, but you can definitely hear it if you're listening for it underneath the ECS sound.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, jaylw314 said:

Are we listening to the same thing?  I was able to hear the afterburners light up perfectly well, I just finished fine tuning my AB throttle setting.  It's not dramatic or like going to a rock concert, but you can definitely hear it if you're listening for it underneath the ECS sound.

I already acknowledged that it is there, just not very distinct for my ears. Are you playing with or without the „hear inside helmet“ option?

I already acknowledged that it is there, just not very distinct for my ears. Are you playing with or without the „hear inside helmet“ option?
I can hear the AB in either. Luckily we can change the audio settings on the fly for testing.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, Hiob said:

That option is off.  I was confused by the argument that alternative AB feedback is necessary, which implies the sound is imperceptible.

I think the AB sounds just need a little more low frequency to be a bit more immersive but not louder per say. Also the aircraft does need a bit more low frequency in general to add feeling. Such as the cockpit shake when going through the engine start procedures. 

Also for anyone that has transducers it makes a big difference, and no I don't like SSA. 

Many other aircraft have subtle low frequency noises which really add to the feel and immersion of the aircraft. 

Edited by Hoirtel
  • Like 1