MT freezes even in main menu

1 hour ago, Sr. said:

Nope

I get the same behavior/resolution in pancake mode too. I can still see grey in the display and HEAR DCS theme music playing.

EDIT: This time around, I started with the F-15E. First load required the "dance". Next 3 missions (same map) click/load as expected.

Then I quit the F-15E training mission and selected a F-16 Caucuses take off, loaded immediately.

Try disconnecting your headset and see if it persists. Long shot, but I still believe its the headset.

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

For those who use the core 8 removal solution. Based on a batch already indicated on this thread.

Here is a utility that avoids manually launching the batch that fixes Core 8 for DCS when launching in MT.

It can be retrieved here:
http://51thfichiers.free.fr/DCS/DCScoreMT/DCScoreMT.zip

1/ Unzip wherever you want on your PC

2/ You optionally configure the "SupprimeUnCoreDeDCS.cmd" file to adjust the number of processors and the core to deactivate by modifying the line:
nircmd setprocessaffinity /%pid% 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
This line above is suitable for a 12700 (my processor) and is in the state in the zip.
To modify however if you do not have a 12700.

3/ You launch RechercheDCS.cmd and that’s it!

Explanations:
The "RechercheDCS.cmd" file monitors the launch of DCS (stable or not, it's the same) and launches "SupprimeUnCoreDeDCS.cmd" when it sees that DCS is launched.
It also detects if DCS is no longer running and reactivates properly when DCS is restarted, and so on.
In practice, in LAN (for example) we launch in the morning and it's good for the whole day. No need to take out your headset, switch DCS to launch "SupprimeUnCoreDeDCS.cmd", switch back to DCS and put your headset back on.
And it can continue indefinitely.
It is also useful without a VR headset, there is also nothing to worry about.
Files from Nirsoft (nircmd) are already in the directory.

For those who are most worried, the RechercheDCS.cmd program and its companion RechercheDCS.ps1:
-Do not write anything
-Do not modify anything definitive on the PC (modification in RAM)
-Take up so little CPU that it's not quantifiable
-Can be launched before or after the launch of DCS but in idea it is better to launch it before, it is precisely made for.

The text in the script is displayed in French if this language is current on Windows, otherwise in English.

If you are curious you can see the Powershell code of the script by double-clicking on RechercheDCS.ps1, yes yes!
Nothing secret!

Optional:
You can have the script run when the Windows session starts. So you won't worry about it at all (by the time it's resolved by ED).

Method:
By putting the program shortcut "RechercheDCS.cmd" in the Windows startup group:
C:\Users\xxxxxx\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup
xxxxxx being the name of your Windows session.
The AppData directory is hidden by default; you must first make it visible via the file explorer.

The Script will launch this way each time the PC is started.

And for it to start in reduced mode (not visible), you have to right-click on the shortcut then "Property", then in the "Execute" option you select "Reduced" and presto it will launch without viewing the window.

See the "Lancement_en_reduit.jpg" file in the zip to see the "Property" mask.

However, the task will still be visible and clickable in the task bar if you wish.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 10/21/2023 at 1:54 PM, Hammer1-1 said:

Ill give it a shot, thanks for the help.

Edit: didnt do anything. Best I get is this screen if I copy and paste all that into the power shell app.

Desktop Screenshot 2023.10.21 - 14.41.17.41.png

I get the same.

On 10/22/2023 at 7:56 AM, Flappie said:

Thanks to @Ballinger French's suggestion, we're going somewhere.

So far, disabling cores parking works for : @BJ55, @Cyborg71 and @NAJ. What is your CPU model and your OS, guys?

5800X3D Win11

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

--Arthur C Clark

Version 2.9 is a disaster. The MT freeze or sluggishness upon game load is even worse now.  Occasionally it works, but usually it does not. I have removed all mods, both aircraft and tech, and still it does this. I also have an RTX 3000 series GPU. I have seen nothing from ED indicating that they are interested in fixing this serious issue. Very disappointing.

20 minutes ago, BluePhantom said:

Version 2.9 is a disaster. The MT freeze or sluggishness upon game load is even worse now.  Occasionally it works, but usually it does not. I have removed all mods, both aircraft and tech, and still it does this. I also have an RTX 3000 series GPU. I have seen nothing from ED indicating that they are interested in fixing this serious issue. Very disappointing.

Have you even read this thread yet?

• Like 1

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

12 minutes ago, Schlomo1933 said:

I tried the unparking . But now it’s much more stuttering in the main menu as before

Same thing happened to me initialy after unparking. For some reason that screwed up my GPU settings. I had to run my GPU profile again.

Now I'm back to where I was with terrain stutters but smooth in menus meaning unparking didn't help.

I9-9900KS OC 5.2, Asus Maximus XI Hero, MSI RTX 4090 , EVGA 1200W P2 power supply, 2TB M.2 SSD, 64GB ram@3200mhz, Corsair H115i Pro AIO, Samsung Odyssey+, Reverb G2, Quest 3(new)

I'm sorry, but I must say that this topic is unfortunately a perfect example of how a previously diagnosed problem turned into a bigger one 😉 The authors of the updates focused on other features instead of solving something that was already known since June after the OB DCS 2.8.6.41363 update where the processor management by DCS engine was changed (looks like). I know that the matter was reported, but it was probably decided that there were other more important things than the running of the simulator itself for a handful of people. It was already about parked cores, it was about HT and 100% consumption of cores 8th and 10th. Sometimes it may be worth waiting longer but fixing the fundamental problems noticed. Personally, I have nothing against waiting longer and I hope that the ED finds a solution. Fingers crossed and I believe it, it's only a matter of time. :thumbup:

• Like 1

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

I think my problem was the new Nvidia driver . 
I updated the driver in the same moment I tried the cpu unbound fix . 
Driver update from 537.58 to 545.84. 

that’s a big Version step for a driver update ???

is somebody running the new 545.84 driver ?
im back now on 537.58 and the menu stutter is gone. But the terrain stutter is back .  

1 hour ago, Schlomo1933 said:

please anyone can help me , how to undo this change? 

If you disabled core parking by directly editing Windows Registry you've just to change the 'ValueMax' DWORD back to the value of

• 64 Hexadecimal or
  • 100 Decimal.

The value represents the percentage of cores allowed to get parked. 100 Decimal means that all CPU cores can be parked again.

[Modules] A-10C, A-10C II, AH-64D, F-14A/B, F-16C, F/A-18C, FC3, Ka-50, P-51D, UH-1H, CA, SC
[Maps] PG, NTTR, Normandy, Sinai, Syria, TC

[OS] Windows 11 Pro
[PC] MSI Pro Z790-A, i9-13900K, 64 GB DDR5-5200, RTX 4090 24 GB GDDR6X, 2 x SSD 990 PRO 2 TB (M.2), Corsair 5000D Airflow, HX1500i, H150i RGB Elite, Acer X28, TM HOTAS Warthog (Grip@WarBRD Base), MS SW FFB2, Thrustmaster TFRP, TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro
[Checklists] A-10C, F-16C, F/A-18C, AH-64D, Ka-50, UH-1H

Here is a utility that avoids changing the settings manually with the "CPU Unpark" software, for example when DCS is launched in MT.

It can be retrieved here:
http://51thfichiers.free.fr/DCS/DCSunpark/DCSunpark.zip

Principle:
Set all cores to "Unpark" when DCS is launched.
Revert to Windows default when DCS is no longer running.

1/ Unzip wherever you want on your PC
You may get a security alert because this zip file comes from the Internet but that's ok.

2/ You must rewrite the RechercheDCS.ps1 file identically.
That is to say, you create a text file with the content of the existing RechercheDCS.ps1 file. Then you replace the existing RechercheDCS.ps1 file with yours.
This is necessary because there is a protection mechanism on powershell files coming from the internet. The fact that it is a file created by you removes the problem.

3/ IMPORTANT
the free software "CPU unpark" can be obtained here:
https://coderbag.com/programming-c/disable-cpu-core-parking-utility

On a 12700 by default the core index is at 4% (observed using the "CPU Unpark" software) but I don't know the default value on other processors.
It is therefore important to launch the "CPU Unpark" software BEFORE launching the program.
If the Core parking index indicated by "CPU Unpark" is at 4% you have nothing to do.
Otherwise you must edit the UnparkBefore.cmd file to put the value you observed.
The line to modify is:
Powercfg -setacvalueindex scheme_current sub_processor CPMINCORES 4
The value 4 is directly the percentage read in "CPU Unpark" for a 12700

4/ You launch RechercheDCS.cmd and that’s it!

Explanations:
The "RechercheDCS.cmd" file monitors the launch of DCS (stable or not it's the same) and launches "UnparkAllCore.cmd" when it sees that DCS is launched. Putting all core unpack (100%).
When DCS is stopped the "UnparkBefore.cmd" file is launched (setting to 4%), and so on.

The text in the script is displayed in French if this language is current on Windows, otherwise in English.

If you are curious you can see the Powershell code of the script by double-clicking SearchDCS.ps1
Nothing secret!

If you want to check that everything is working, simply launch the "CPU Unpark" software in parallel and press the refresh button to see the changes in the Core parking index. With or without DCS launched.

Optional:
You can have the script run when the Windows session starts. So you won't worry about it at all (by the time it's resolved by ED).

Method:
By putting the program shortcut "RechercheDCS.cmd" in the Windows startup group:
C:\Users\xxxxxx\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup
xxxxxx being the name of your Windows session.
The AppData directory is hidden by default; you must first make it visible via the file explorer.

The Script will launch this way each time it is started.

And for it to start in reduced mode (not visible), you have to right-click on the shortcut then "Property", then in the "Execute" option you select "Reduced" and presto it will launch without viewing the window.

See the "Lancement_en_reduit.jpg" file in the zip to see the "Property" mask.

However, the task will still be visible and clickable in the task bar if you wish.

• Like 1

Or, you could export the registry key before making the change and save it as enable_core_parking.reg and after making the change export it again as disable_core_parking. That way you only need to double-click in the file and reboot to make the switch. No additional application to install.

Honestly, this all seems like a lot of unnecessary system configuration for an issue that clearly wasn't present until OB DCS 2.8.6.41363.

Not only does it not work for everyone, but is something that should have been identified and possibly reversed by now. Has anyone even properly identified what was "added", removed or possibly broken with the OB DCS 2.8.6.41363 release?

• Like 2

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

--Arthur C Clark

10 hours ago, Schlomo1933 said:

is somebody running the new 545.84 driver ?
im back now on 537.58 and the menu stutter is gone. But the terrain stutter is back .  

Ive got the same Issue.

In the last 2.8 version with the 537 driver i got the freezes but the core unbound fix worked.

In 2.9 with the 537 driver the game worked freezefree without the unbound fix.

Today I updated the GeForce driver to the newest 545 Version and the freezes are back. 

Core i7 12700k

Edited by Peterik

1 hour ago, Peterik said:

Ive got the same Issue.

In the last 2.8 version with the 537 driver i got the freezes but the core unbound fix worked.

In 2.9 with the 537 driver the game worked freezefree without the unbound fix.

Today I updated the GeForce driver to the newest 545 Version and the freezes are back. 

Core i7 12700k

I have the last drivers and works ok for me, this does not affect DCS or any other title for me. I think it's a matter of individual settings here. It is always worth doing a clean install (I do it myself using DDU - Display Driver Uninstalle, before I will install the new one driver).

Edited by YoYo

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

I reinstalled the newest driver and it works . But if i activate the CPU Fix then the main menu stutters  again and i have a 5 fps slideshow in the cockpit.

After this to reinstall the graphic driver again. then i have "just" the terrain stutter.

Update: 

everytime i restart my PC i have to reinstall my graphic driver ! How can i get rid of the changes of CPUunpark ??? Please help !

Edited by Schlomo1933

Just speculation, but apparently some hot fix is on the way and will appear quite soon. I hope its also tested by Intel 12xxx and 13xxx owners :thumbup:.

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

8 minutes ago, YoYo said:

Just speculation, but apparently some hot fix is on the way and will appear quite soon. I hope its also tested by Intel 12xxx and 13xxx owners :thumbup:.

You were hoping this for the last patch as well...
There is still no indication for a fix to this issue yet.

Edited by QuiGon
  • Like 1

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

57 minutes ago, QuiGon said:

There is still no indication for a fix to this issue yet.

😞

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

I don't have good news after the Today's patch for those waiting for a solution to this problem 😞. It's still as it was. Freezes as it was, 8th core packed to the ceiling.

GRaZJB2.jpg

Edited by YoYo

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

5 minutes ago, YoYo said:

I don't have good news after the Today's patch for those waiting for a solution to this problem 😞. It's still as it was. Freezes as it was, 8th core packed to the ceiling.

That's what I already thought when I saw the today's patch notes. No indication of MT specific fixes.

Maybe ED sets his focus on this issue now.

[Modules] A-10C, A-10C II, AH-64D, F-14A/B, F-16C, F/A-18C, FC3, Ka-50, P-51D, UH-1H, CA, SC
[Maps] PG, NTTR, Normandy, Sinai, Syria, TC

[OS] Windows 11 Pro
[PC] MSI Pro Z790-A, i9-13900K, 64 GB DDR5-5200, RTX 4090 24 GB GDDR6X, 2 x SSD 990 PRO 2 TB (M.2), Corsair 5000D Airflow, HX1500i, H150i RGB Elite, Acer X28, TM HOTAS Warthog (Grip@WarBRD Base), MS SW FFB2, Thrustmaster TFRP, TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro
[Checklists] A-10C, F-16C, F/A-18C, AH-64D, Ka-50, UH-1H

35 minutes ago, YoYo said:

GRaZJB2.jpg

I'm happy to report the freezing after selecting a flight (which before for could take MINUTES) has been fixed... for me.

I just did a few test: And the first airframe/terrain load took a little bit (expected). Was like I recall in days passed if you cleared shaders, you'd have to let them rebuild for each aircraft and terrain.

Once that was done, I can now start a flight in seconds, quit, choose another click Ok, and it's actually single digit seconds when the cockpit/briefing screen appears. Switch to another aircraft... same initial wait like first shader like, then quit/switched a few different missions... seconds.

Even after switching BACK to another aircraft/terrain... seconds to the briefing screen/cockpit.

SSS weirdness is fixed... though I still see little use for it. The smearing (F3 flyby) is still there but, that may just be a product of DLSS.

Is it just me or, did they add cockpit shudder when firing cannon? Noticed it in F-16 and A-10II C

--Arthur C Clark