SinSinai Map roadmap

OnReTech

On 10/18/2023 at 12:27 PM, shagrat said:

So you are basically saying, because you can't accept the reality of complex, modern software development, and the fact you bought an early access product to get your hands on the "good stuff" as early as possible and safe a few bucks, requires a vendor to heed your expectations and change their roadmap, planned release cycle and maybe contractual agreements? 

What I'm basically saying is "game breaking bugs should be fixed within a reasonable time frame" that is all.

• Like 2

vor 15 Stunden schrieb BarTzi:

What I'm basically saying is "game breaking bugs should be fixed within a reasonable time frame" that is all.

In the Open beta TEST build they should be identified before release, but they need to be fixed for the release. Depending on the root cause it is absolutely viable to simply deactivate stuff or ignore bugs until the rest of the development build is in a state that supports a fix. E.g. instead of fixing bugs in the AH-64D EUFC radio operations, the devs decided to deactivate the functionality, until the DataLink and radio presets have been developed to a state where the bugfix made sense. It took quite some time but at no point in time the Apache was "broken" leave alone DCS unplayable. Same for the "missing town of Afrin" that took years to be added. Still nothing that prevented players to enjoy the Syria map in the last years... 🤔

I am not saying everything is perfectly ok with the Sinai map, but it is absolutely ok for a developer to have a roadmap that differs from customer expectations.

• Like 5

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Hi there! I. Enjoying my early access preview of the map so far.

Regarding phase 3, I could use some clarification on those items. Are improvements to the feel of cities planned? On one hand, I appreciate the scope and density, on the other hand, the city areas feel so cookie cutter/procedurally generated as to feel fake at times. The cities in Syria map tend to have a much more hand crafted feel that makes them more believable.

i do love the start, here. I think there is something special about the sprawling density of these cities, but the repetitive nature can make them feel less exciting to explore in a helicopter, for sure.

full circle… when you mentioned improving city textures and adding more unique objects, how exhaustive will this process be? Are you imaging subtle tweaks, or do you see the current state of the cities as a starting draft before really dialing them in?

Im hoping for the latter and that they will  evolve into areas that really feel unique and interesting to explore.

cheers on the good work so far.

• Like 4

All modules & maps | VR only (5950x, 4090, Reverb G2)

• 2 weeks later...

I'd like to say it's turning out to be a good map. Good job. My question would be, are you going to include all Israeli-Egyptian-South Lebanese? and Civilian airports? with their country flags? Or do we need to go back to our Syria map to fly the missing bases..

Edited by Dex0

HTC Vive Pro/ Intel i7-9700 CPU @ 3GHz/ 32GB RAM/ Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080/

Something I do not see is a statement on fixing the various Navaids (ILS and VOR).

Right now many frequencies seem to be simply entered wrong, do not work or are outside the range that can be dialed into radios.

For example the Maliz VOR is on a localizer frequency, whereas the Abut Suwair ILS 119.7 Mhz is on a tower frequency. The way those errors exist almost everywhere make it seem as if they were just entered as placeholders.

And yes it is a good map, just in sore need of ironging out bugs and polish.

Edited by Burning Bridges
  • Like 2

Question: will the Temple Mount ever be accurately implemented in this map?

Or is it decided not to ever implement it for religious sensitivities?

I could understand either way but I would like to know what it will be.

• Like 1

Modules: Bf 109, C-101, CE-II, F-5, Gazelle, Huey, Ka-50, Mi-8, MiG-15, MiG-19, MiG-21, Albatros, Viggen, Mirage 2000, Hornet, Yak-52, FC3

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, IndyNavy said:

Grayflag Sinai launched today for Multiplayer. Def the best mission I've played in DCS to date. Can't wait for the airfields at the bottom of the map! 

Awesome! Grayflag servers are my favorite. Add Sinai to boot, all in!

Intel i7 13700k, ASUS  rog strix z790A, 64gigs G.Skill Trident DDR5 @6400Mhz, Nvidia  RTX 4080FE, 2x 2TB Samsung M.2 NVME, 2x 1TB Samsung SSD,  Corsair RM1000x, Corsair h100i 240mm cooler, Lian Li LanCool 3, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate, VKB STECS , MFG Crosswinds, Track IR5, 48” LG UltraGear OLED & HP 24” touchscreen for Helios, Streamdeck XL, DCS-UFC App, Corsair Virtuoso RGB Headphones

En 4/11/2023 a las 14:08, Zius dijo:

Question: will the Temple Mount ever be accurately implemented in this map?

Or is it decided not to ever implement it for religious sensitivities?

I could understand either way but I would like to know what it will be.

👍👍👍

In my opinion it would be absurd to omit sacred places with the intention of avoiding the production of offensive material because in DCS offensive material can already be produced. No normal person would use DCS to replicate a terrorist attack and spread it with the intent to offend outside the pure context of the simulation which is based on the recreation of war scenarios where the objective is to attack or defend, not to offend. But in case someone with some kind of disorder wanted to offend, they could do so anyway by crashing their plane into an office building in Dubai, the pyramids in Egypt, or one of the hundreds of mosques located at different points on the map. However, the final responsibility would not be that of DCS, but that of the end user and the content hosting platform. As a Christian I wouldn't be offended if someone shared material based on the recreation of a conflict as long as the objective of that material makes some sense within the simulation and is not based solely on stupidly crashing a plane into civilian targets with the intention of offending, but If that happened, I wouldn't blame DCS, I would blame the user.

• Like 6

On 12/2/2023 at 10:01 PM, Atazar SPN said:

In my opinion it would be absurd to omit sacred places with the intention of avoiding the production of offensive material because in DCS offensive material can already be produced.

IMHO, it's not so much the people who want to offend that are to be blamed. They always exist, just like griefers, and they must simply be ignored as the little immature s#!&s that they are. Worse are the people who want to be offended -- to profit off the outrage; people who actively look for opportunities to feel wronged and victimized, and who try to sensationalize a subject in the hopes of gaining publicity, political hay, or clicks. We all know these types. The problem is that they can wield real influence when they gain enough notoriety, and I can understand companies that can live without that kind of publicity after working hard to create art.

Then again, I don't really think that this was the main reason for the fine people at OnReTech to omit those unique objects. I think part of the reason is that those places often do look unique, and "unique" means effort: to build a one-off 3D model that can only be used once, and in one place; no re-use, therefore little added value except delivering fine craftsmanship. Looking at their roadmap I see that there are many such unique models planned, so with some luck, there'll be some of those objects included in future releases. I'm eagerly looking forward for the next update to this great map.  

Edited by cfrag
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/21/2023 at 12:18 AM, Minsky said:

Could you name a single bug on this map that breaks the game and render DCS unplayable?

I never said anything about DCS being unplayable, but the fact that you can not use BE on this map without manually editing the BE location in the mission file is a major bug.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I love this card, it's really fun to play.
On the other hand, if it is very rich in roads, it is extremely lacking in bridges, to the point that drawing up a convoy route to cross the Nile delta considerably restricts the possibilities.
For the map to be truly perfect and usable, you have to add many bridges across the delta, like thoses who really exists ! Once this is done, the map will be really excellent!
As it stands, it limits a lot of possibilities, it's a shame

• Like 3

I will try to explain the problem with this map in pictures:

No bridge to cross one of the largest cities in the Nile Delta, Mansourah, supposed to be a real road crossroads :

bridge1.png

No bridge at Shirbin too, another city on the Damietta Branch of the Nil :
bridge2.png

In Damahur, there is the bare minimum to cross the largest rivers, but practically nothing to cross the small rivers. 80% of the bridges are missing!

bridge3.png

And all this for the major cities of the Nile Delta... There are practically no bridges in the smaller cities or in the inter-urban space!

Consequences on pathfinding with a practical case:

• I take a vehicle on the coast and I want to go to waypoint 1, south of El Mansura: Despite direct roads, there is no major bridge around the city, the convoy is obliged to do a very large detour to the West and the South between Tanta and Al Zaqazik
  • I now want to take my convoy to Waypoint 2 : New Damietta. While with the expected routes passing through El Mansura (there would be 65 km of road), the convoy will literally take a 200 km detour passing next to Al Salihiyah, the Suez Canal and passing through Port Said!!!
  • Ok. Well, I want to go back to El Mansoura for my Waypoint 3, but this time, I'm going to stay on the same side of the Nile, I could probably hope for a direct route since I'm not crossing any major rivers..... And Well no ! Even so, the lack of bridges over simple small streams forces my vehicle to make a huge detour, returning through my origin point. It is practically impossible on this map to have a fairly direct route because of the quantity of waterways and the total lack of bridges!!!
  • And for my last waypoint 4, I'm going to push the pathfinding problem of this map to the absurd: As the crow flies, my waypoint 3-4 is 35 km. By road, it is practically the same distance theoretically since there is a direct route between these 2 waypoints. But the lack of a bridge will force you to make a detour of around 160 km!

bridge4.png

These absurd pathfinding problems can be reproduced almost anywhere in the Nile Delta, making this map a real headache for a missionmaker in order to determine convoy routes, or coherent road axes.

However, it would not take much to solve this problem: Simply the addition of a hundred bridges scattered at least in all the major or secondary cities of the delta, and on all river routes.

For me this problem should be the ABSOLUTE PRIORITY of OnReTech, because in my eyes it is considerably more important than adding more details to the pyramids, adding new types of trees or buildings... The map must be PRACTICAL, otherwise, it will be shunned by missionmakers. It doesn't seem to me that these additions are that complicated to make, but their importance is crucial for the appreciation of the map!

I wanted to do some dynamic missions on this new map which excited me and which I found magnificent: I quickly returned to the Syria map, because I couldn't do what I wanted due to the total lack of bridges... It's a shame for a suh beautiful map!!
We are not only fly over the Delta. We make CAS missions for Helicopter and CAS plane. So the roads must be pratical for convoy!

Edited by Kappa-131st
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 6

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/17/2024 at 1:25 PM, Kappa-131st said:

I will try to explain the problem with this map in pictures:

No bridge to cross one of the largest cities in the Nile Delta, Mansourah, supposed to be a real road crossroads :

bridge1.png

No bridge at Shirbin too, another city on the Damietta Branch of the Nil :
bridge2.png

In Damahur, there is the bare minimum to cross the largest rivers, but practically nothing to cross the small rivers. 80% of the bridges are missing!

bridge3.png

And all this for the major cities of the Nile Delta... There are practically no bridges in the smaller cities or in the inter-urban space!

Consequences on pathfinding with a practical case:

• I take a vehicle on the coast and I want to go to waypoint 1, south of El Mansura: Despite direct roads, there is no major bridge around the city, the convoy is obliged to do a very large detour to the West and the South between Tanta and Al Zaqazik
  • I now want to take my convoy to Waypoint 2 : New Damietta. While with the expected routes passing through El Mansura (there would be 65 km of road), the convoy will literally take a 200 km detour passing next to Al Salihiyah, the Suez Canal and passing through Port Said!!!
  • Ok. Well, I want to go back to El Mansoura for my Waypoint 3, but this time, I'm going to stay on the same side of the Nile, I could probably hope for a direct route since I'm not crossing any major rivers..... And Well no ! Even so, the lack of bridges over simple small streams forces my vehicle to make a huge detour, returning through my origin point. It is practically impossible on this map to have a fairly direct route because of the quantity of waterways and the total lack of bridges!!!
  • And for my last waypoint 4, I'm going to push the pathfinding problem of this map to the absurd: As the crow flies, my waypoint 3-4 is 35 km. By road, it is practically the same distance theoretically since there is a direct route between these 2 waypoints. But the lack of a bridge will force you to make a detour of around 160 km!

bridge4.png

These absurd pathfinding problems can be reproduced almost anywhere in the Nile Delta, making this map a real headache for a missionmaker in order to determine convoy routes, or coherent road axes.

However, it would not take much to solve this problem: Simply the addition of a hundred bridges scattered at least in all the major or secondary cities of the delta, and on all river routes.

For me this problem should be the ABSOLUTE PRIORITY of OnReTech, because in my eyes it is considerably more important than adding more details to the pyramids, adding new types of trees or buildings... The map must be PRACTICAL, otherwise, it will be shunned by missionmakers. It doesn't seem to me that these additions are that complicated to make, but their importance is crucial for the appreciation of the map!

I wanted to do some dynamic missions on this new map which excited me and which I found magnificent: I quickly returned to the Syria map, because I couldn't do what I wanted due to the total lack of bridges... It's a shame for a suh beautiful map!!
We are not only fly over the Delta. We make CAS missions for Helicopter and CAS plane. So the roads must be pratical for convoy!

Thanks for your feedback. This is a big problem. We urgently added this to the high priority bugs. We will try to fix this and check the entire Nile Delta so that it will be fixed in the upcoming update

• Like 7
  • Thanks 8

45 minutes ago, OnReTech said:

Thanks for your feedback. This is a big problem. We urgently added this to the high priority bugs. We will try to fix this and check the entire Nile Delta so that it will be fixed in the upcoming update

Thanks a lot, it will be very very great !!! 😀

With the addition of bridge to solve pathfinding issue, this map will be so great !

Edited by Kappa-131st
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• OnReTech changed the title to SinSinai Map roadmap
  • BIGNEWY pinned this topic
  • 3 weeks later...
On 3/16/2024 at 1:16 PM, Mobius_11804 said:

Hi there, i don't know if you guys have more infos related to the Phantom, but do you think we might be getting Scharm el Scheik Airport with it's release? 🙂
I'd really like to build that 😉

😐

Edited by QuiGon
  • Like 1

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg