Chuck's Mirage F1 Guide

Charly_Owl

Chuck's Guide to the Mirage F1  is finally available! Both the Mirage F1CE and F1EE variants are covered. The page count is 570+ pages.

Link: https://chucksguides.com/aircraft/dcs/mirage-f1/

In typical canadian fashion, I feel I must once again apologize for taking so long to complete this project. This aircraft is dear to my heart, and I did not want to cut any corners, which once again expanded the scope of this document way beyond what I had originally planned. C'est la vie.

The Mirage F1 is a fantastic Cold War era fighter... the second the afterburner kicks in and you start flying at treetop level at breakneck speeds, you'll understand why this widely exported aircraft was loved by its pilots. The exhilarating sense of speed is something truly special, and you will definitely see why this aircraft is easy to learn but hard to master. I hope this document will be able to bring new players up to speed quickly and garner interest for this beautiful yet deadly french "pointu".

Happy reading, and bonne lecture!

Chuck

Edited by Charly_Owl
  • Like 20
  • Thanks 23

Thank You!

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

Take a bow Chuck. Another stellar guide for an awesome aircraft. 
🇨🇦

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

Great job, I know what to do during my three weeks holiday : read a 577 pages PDF 😄

Already started and I noticed in the startup procedure that you press the servo reset button instead using the servo test panel :

IMG_4298.jpegAs I remember I learnt that from the manual but your solution seems to work, saving time in the start up procedure

As always, thanks Chuck. Your guides to me, are what makes DCS better for us to understand. I have recommended your guides to many new pilots and they always end up thanking me with something like, this is so much better. I’m a firm believer in having good documentation that is easy to follow and your guides are the best in this arena.

• Like 1

Thanks Chuck, much appreciated and much needed!🙂👍

Edited by -LEO-

Intel i5-11400 CPU @ 4.30GHz / ASUS Prime B560-Plus / 32GB DDR3 RAM 3000 Mhz Dual / MSI Nvidia GTX  1060 6GB /  SSD Samsung 120/250/500GB  / IIyama  27" 1920x1080 @ 144 Hz / Track IR 4+Track Clip Pro / Sennheiser PC 360 / Thrustmaster Warthog Throttel , VPC-Warbrd D+Warthog Stick, TFRP Rudder / WIN 10

Ever tried. Sometimes failed. No matter. Try again.Fail again. Fail better.

Samuel Beckett (?)

JPT
(Jet Pipe Temperature) Limits
In Idle, Military and Afterburner power settings
- 740 - 755 deg C Maximum when on ground
- 760 deg C Maximum when in flight

I've a question regarding the engine's JPT limits. Where do they come from? Haven't found them in the Aerges manual

I've seen 810°C at mil power and 8400rpm (at around 19000ft) in the CE.

Only after engaging A/B, the temp will rise to 850°C and than decrease / gets limited to 760°C. Is this normal or maybe a bug?

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/11/2023 at 5:33 PM, gulredrel said:
JPT
(Jet Pipe Temperature) Limits
In Idle, Military and Afterburner power settings
- 740 - 755 deg C Maximum when on ground
- 760 deg C Maximum when in flight

I've a question regarding the engine's JPT limits. Where do they come from? Haven't found them in the Aerges manual

I've seen 810°C at mil power and 8400rpm (at around 19000ft) in the CE.

Only after engaging A/B, the temp will rise to 850°C and than decrease / gets limited to 760°C. Is this normal or maybe a bug?

For the max temps it's allowed to have 840°C for an instant and 780°C for 30sec max (this is what I found), and can't go higher than 900°C during startup, also in with AB the max temps at 8900RPM (So in Overspeed mode of the Engine) the temps should be below 735°C.

My Setup : i5-4690 3.50GHz + 24GB RAM DDR3 1600MHz + MSI RTX 2060 Super Ventus OC + 2 SSD + 4 HDD + Oculus Rift CV1 + TM T.16000M Hotas

Super Etendard for Life !

5 hours ago, Loukuins said:

For the max temps it's allowed to have 840°C for an instant and 780°C for 30sec max (this is what I found), and can't go higher than 900°C during startup, also in with AB the max temps at 8900RPM (So in Overspeed mode of the Engine) the temps should be below 735°C.

Okay, thanks. So my seen 810°C lasted way longer than 30 sec in MIL. If time permits, I'll try to replicate and take a track and some screenshots and post a thread. This will be better for @fausete to have a look.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, gulredrel said:

Okay, thanks. So my seen 810°C lasted way longer than 30 sec in MIL. If time permits, I'll try to replicate and take a track and some screenshots and post a thread. This will be better for @fausete to have a look.

This is a great idea, I don't have the time to check everything so thanks for taking the time to check all of that !

My Setup : i5-4690 3.50GHz + 24GB RAM DDR3 1600MHz + MSI RTX 2060 Super Ventus OC + 2 SSD + 4 HDD + Oculus Rift CV1 + TM T.16000M Hotas

Super Etendard for Life !

On 8/25/2023 at 1:56 PM, Loukuins said:

This is a great idea, I don't have the time to check everything so thanks for taking the time to check all of that !

Here you go:

And now back to guide related topics.

I know, F1 has a braking chute, but what's the reason to not use the airbrakes after touchdown?! Or even approach to keep up the engine rpm and just retract them for go-around and have the engine at a higher rpm?