Final release date prediction

_BringTheReign_

If you also ordered a physical item (shirt/vinyl) it is supposed to be shipped by the end of february as stated on the preorder page. So maybe the release date has been in plain sight all the time. I mean you can´t wear the shirt if you don´t fly the F-4 right? 

11 hours ago, Capn kamikaze said:

How far off roughly are we speaking... unless it is actually two weeks that is....

Are we talking weeks or months?

Insulting half the forum in the headline and then asking questions, that you should know, nobody can seriously answer. Makes me wonder who exactly is tiresome and juvenile? 🙄

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

• ED Team

threads merged

when we have news about a date we will let you all know. 

thank you 

• Thanks 2

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

13 hours ago, Raisuli said:

I suppose nobody else remembers collecting cereal box tops and mailing them in for some awesome thing like a little toy 747 shortly after it started flying?  First you have to eat all that cereal, then get your parents to put the box tops in an envelope with the form cut off the back of a box, then put it in the mail. 

Then you wait and wait and wait because tracking numbers and overnight delivery were still decades away...  We're talking months of waiting here, which at that age is a significant fraction of your total life experience, not to mention you've only eaten one kind of cereal all year; 8 box tops is a lot.  Then there's the doubt; maybe the post office lost the letter?  What if you wrote out your address wrong on the form?  What if...

I figure the F-4 will arrive eventually, and I'll probably be around to see it, and two weeks after that it will get about as much use as the toy 747 that took so long to arrive back before Neil Armstrong did whatever that was that made him famous.  I don't get tons of sim time and there are other priorities when I do, so it will have to share.

Honestly, this reminds me of the F-14 release.  All that anticipation, then it came out.  A day after that the novelty wore off, and apart from the few dedicated Tomcatters it's just another jet in the hanger.  A very, very cool jet to be sure, but so are the others.  We'll see how the F-4 fares against all that competition once the novelty wears off.

I remember those pre-internet days (this is a bit after cereal tops) where you bought your games in a games shop and things like EA's Jane's series came with big thick manuals and keyboard overlays. You used to walk past and get excited because the boxes where stacked up in a display, only to find out they were empty and the game wasn't actually released!

I'm looking forward to the F4 too and its pre-ordered, though not sure if it's just nostalgia.. after all, it's going to be a pain without all the assistance jets like the F16, F18 and A-10 give you with their datalinks, targeting pods and laser guided bombs... 

- Michael

Intel Core i7 13700K | RTX 4070 | ASUS TUF Z690 | Pimax Crystal | Virpil/Warthog HOTAS

3 hours ago, MichaelJWP15 said:

I remember those pre-internet days (this is a bit after cereal tops) where you bought your games in a games shop and things like EA's Jane's series came with big thick manuals and keyboard overlays. You used to walk past and get excited because the boxes where stacked up in a display, only to find out they were empty and the game wasn't actually released!

I'm looking forward to the F4 too and its pre-ordered, though not sure if it's just nostalgia.. after all, it's going to be a pain without all the assistance jets like the F16, F18 and A-10 give you with their datalinks, targeting pods and laser guided bombs... 

As PvP BFM/WVR ACM Aficionados, my group is looking forward to the Phantom to get back to beating up on Migs. All we want are a gun and some heaters, wings that stay on during normal BFM and afterburners. 

I am confident HB will deliver all of the above in the next 60-90 days. 

EDsignaturefleet.jpg

Heatblur already blasted through like the last 5-6 release window estimates. It's clear that for some reason, their estimates are not accurate at all, so believing in the 'Winter' deadline is just a way to set yourself up for disappointment. Expect sometime this year, but I doubt even they know when it's actually coming out.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, =475FG= Dawger said:

As PvP BFM/WVR ACM Aficionados, my group is looking forward to the Phantom to get back to beating up on Migs. All we want are a gun and some heaters, wings that stay on during normal BFM and afterburners. 

I am confident HB will deliver all of the above in the next 60-90 days. 

With DCS free of the nasty technical constraints of the Real World, the AIM-7 may prove useful in your units MiG-smashing

44 minutes ago, Kalasnkova74 said:

With DCS free of the nasty technical constraints of the Real World, the AIM-7 may prove useful in your units MiG-smashing

I find radar missiles very dull. Not that they aren’t handy for making a hot bandit turn but beyond that, I’d rather watch paint dry. 

EDsignaturefleet.jpg

On 1/25/2024 at 4:13 PM, Rudel_chw said:

But I have to wonder: what would change for us, as customers, to know such a status?

Most humans are very bad at dealing with the concept of uncertainty. Ambiguous release dates of highly anticipated DCS modules is just 1 example of that.

Edited by Raven (Elysian Angel)
Grammar
Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

7 hours ago, Q3ark said:

Heatblur just posted this on youtube!!

A lot of ELI21 vibes in this one. Adrian Caparzo is just a genius!

Still great though!

This is the important part, I guess: http://f4.manuals.heatblur.se

• Like 1

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

34 minutes ago, schurem said:

It's close, I can feel it.

yes, the Flight Manual being released in on-line form shows it is very advanced, just a few sections were still under construction, most notably the new Jester AI

... but it has lots of small details that will be a first for us, like the Crew Chief, the pilot customization, the randomizing of the cockpit switches (making pre-flights important), the embedded manual, the wear & tear options, the flight recorders ... I look forward at trying all of them 🙂 

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

2 hours ago, Jaakov said:

Last January I wrote this:

Good thing the reveal trailer was in October then.  Safest bet is still March although February could maybe happen.  I'm hoping we'll have a flyable Intruder in 2029.  Maybe even the naval F-4 depending on how things shake out.

Aircraft: F-14A/B, F/A-18C, F-16C, F-5E, FC3, AV-8B, Mirage 2000C, L-39, Huey, F-86, P-51, P-47, Spitfire, Mosquito, Supercarrier

Maps: Persian Gulf, Syria, NTTR, Marianas, Normandy 2, Channel

Upcoming Modules Wishlist: A-7E, A-6E, F-4, F-8J, MiG-17F, A-1H, F-100D, Kola Peninsula

22 hours ago, =475FG= Dawger said:

I find radar missiles very dull. Not that they aren’t handy for making a hot bandit turn but beyond that, I’d rather watch paint dry. 

Old school semi active radars are fun to use. Tho a bit chaotic because AI doesn't behave like humans.  But very fun and can be challenging.

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.

2 hours ago, Gunfreak said:

Old school semi active radars are fun to use. Tho a bit chaotic because AI doesn't behave like humans.  But very fun and can be challenging.

Not really. Submarine simulator at 500 knots without the interesting mathematics. I like my sub games to be in the water. 

EDsignaturefleet.jpg

41 minutes ago, =475FG= Dawger said:

Not really. Submarine simulator at 500 knots without the interesting mathematics. I like my sub games to be in the water. 

Not really, since submarines don't guide torpedoes all the way to the target. Keeping a good radar lock all the way to the target can be challenging. And some semi active radar missiles bearly have longer range then 80s sidewinders. So they are acutely more complex and challenging than heaters. No fire and forget. Not only must you lock the target but you got to keep it locked, sometimes while in a dogfight just a few miles apparent from one or more enemies It has very little to do with submarines.

44 minutes ago, Gunfreak said:

Not really, since submarines don't guide torpedoes all the way to the target. Keeping a good radar lock all the way to the target can be challenging. And some semi active radar missiles bearly have longer range then 80s sidewinders. So they are acutely more complex and challenging than heaters. No fire and forget. Not only must you lock the target but you got to keep it locked, sometimes while in a dogfight just a few miles apparent from one or more enemies It has very little to do with submarines.

While there are autonomous guidance torpedo versions, many are connected via an umbilical wire to the firing submarine and are guided by the firing vessel. Many of the basic strategies of SARH are remarkably similar to modern sub v. sub torpedo duels. 

They are more alike than dissimilar. 

And both are dull in a PvP environment. 

Subsims are engaging when unguided torpedoes are the weapon and PvP air combat is best with guns and rear aspect heaters. 

Of course, you are free to not agree with me. 

• Like 1

EDsignaturefleet.jpg

9 hours ago, =475FG= Dawger said:

While there are autonomous guidance torpedo versions, many are connected via an umbilical wire to the firing submarine and are guided by the firing vessel. Many of the basic strategies of SARH are remarkably similar to modern sub v. sub torpedo duels. 

They are more alike than dissimilar. 

And both are dull in a PvP environment. 

Subsims are engaging when unguided torpedoes are the weapon and PvP air combat is best with guns and rear aspect heaters. 

Of course, you are free to not agree with me. 

Then I'm curious what exactly do you like? Guns only?

• Like 1

The recent media videos and manual have been released to the masses to entice more people to do a preorder so that sales are somewhat boosted and maintain the interest.  The missing parts in the manual suggest an incomplete current state. The common bet for March is believable, though I would even say a bit later than that. Perhaps April or May. It doesn’t really matter though. Plenty of modules to be busy with currently. 

George

DCS Profile.png

10 hours ago, Migparts said:

The recent media videos and manual have been released to the masses to entice more people to do a preorder so that sales are somewhat boosted and maintain the interest.  The missing parts in the manual suggest an incomplete current state. The common bet for March is believable, though I would even say a bit later than that. Perhaps April or May. It doesn’t really matter though. Plenty of modules to be busy with currently. 

It was „this winter” so to the 21th of March perhaps. 

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro