Final release date prediction

_BringTheReign_

So release it with bugs, who cares this is DCS and we are used to things not working, at least we could start to learn the systems that are working. As long that it loads and does not crash dcs it will be fine. Those money i paid for the product would make more in my funds than the whole early release discount is.

2 minutes ago, Razor68 said:

So release it with bugs, who cares this is DCS and we are used to things not working, at least we could start to learn the systems that are working. As long that it loads and does not crash dcs it will be fine. Those money i paid for the product would make more in my funds than the whole early release discount is.

Have you even read their complete statement?

• Like 7

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

11 hours ago, LordOrion said:

Looks like someone at HB read my post above:

https://store.heatblur.com/blogs/news/of-delays-and-silence

Long story short:

• Too many people sick (damn COVID!)
  • The HBUI makes the game unplayable on a small but considerable share of systems (which is really bad).

The Release has been delayed to april/may.

We can stop blaming covid, one can be sick and not have covid..

2 hours ago, Razor68 said:

So release it with bugs...

Said no DCS User ever.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

1 minute ago, SkateZilla said:

We can stop blaming covid, one can be sick and not have covid..

Well, HB stated that 90% of their sick-leaves where due to COVID.

• Like 3

Black+Knights_Small.jpg

RDF 3rd Fighter Squadron - "Black Knights": "Ar Cavajere Nero nun je devi cacà er cazzo!"

My Blog (Italian): Notti a (Video)Giocare

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CPU: i7-11700K@5GHz|GPU: RTX-4070 Super|RAM: 64GB DDR4@3200MHz|SSD: 2x 970EVO Plus + 980 EVO Plus|HOTAS Warthog|TrackIR 5|

26 minutes ago, LordOrion said:

Well, HB stated that 90% of their sick-leaves where due to COVID.

Technicality, post lockdown every cough and sniffle is covid, even if it's not.

• Like 6

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

2 hours ago, SkateZilla said:

Technicality, post lockdown every cough and sniffle is covid, even if it's not.

I would bet they tested for it, rather than just say "we had covid" due to a cough.

It's still around, my family got it pretty bad this winter, my grandparents were down from December to late January, it was rough.

• Like 2

This is a first world problem, there are far greater issues going on in the world than to worry about a delay in a module. 

just use the time time to read up on the various manuals available. 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Razor68 said:

Do you remember the gazelle release or to a lesser extent the F16? The one thing it showed was that the DCS community want it 'now' but will also throw teddies out the cot if there are issues. The bad taste people will get from that would long outlast any disappointment people might get from a delay.

We have waited this long, another month or two isn't that big a deal in the long run. Heatblur have provided top of the range, module defining releases in the past and I'm sure this will be another one. These things happen. 

Edited by Indianajon
  • Like 6

no employer or insurance company offers anything extra for covid vs influenza, there's no need to test for it, they arent even tracking the numbers like before..

I had the flu, I knew it was the flu, went to outpatient to get some things to help with the symptoms so I could function some, they immediately said it was covid, completely disregarding my statement that I took 2 covid tests before leaving my home, and without even testing me, covid, here's this and this.

covid is on par with the bad flu strains.. 

As for delays, I'd rather it be delayed a few weeks than to launch and have MP sync problems.

I dont need my WSO having a stroke because of syncing.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Razor68 said:

Those money i paid for the product would make more in my funds than the whole early release discount is.

If you feel like sharing how you get a 25% return on investing that money elsewhere in just 5 months I'm sure we'd all love to hear it! 🧐

Anyway, for everyone who's saying "I don't care if it's not all working! I just want to fly an F-4!!!" I found a solution: https://www.mobygames.com/game/108/chuck-yeagers-air-combat/

• Like 3

1 hour ago, frostycab said:

If you feel like sharing how you get a 25% return on investing that money elsewhere in just 5 months I'm sure we'd all love to hear it! 🧐

Anyway, for everyone who's saying "I don't care if it's not all working! I just want to fly an F-4!!!" I found a solution: https://www.mobygames.com/game/108/chuck-yeagers-air-combat/

I have made 100% return in stocks in only 4 weeks so that is no problem, but sharing that info....NO.

1 hour ago, frostycab said:

Chuck is back! I had that decades ago. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Razor68 said:

I have made 100% return in stocks in only 4 weeks so that is no problem, but sharing that info....NO.

So you’re dripping in cash but bitching about spending money on a pre release piece of software that has no release date set…. Good decision. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

15 hours ago, Hiob said:

Have you even read their complete statement?

I did! until I fell asleep 2 hours later...Man that was long.

But while I'm reading it I kept seeing awesome Phantoms Pic after pic after pic, and I was thinking, "Those Mother f$%T#ers " Breaking our hearts and teasing us at the SAME  time. 🙂 @#$@#@! 

Oh well, I still have an f-15 to learn, an   f-16, an f-18, and...need more time!

Happy St Patty's Day!

On 3/17/2024 at 2:22 PM, SkateZilla said:

no employer or insurance company offers anything extra for covid vs influenza, there's no need to test for it, they arent even tracking the numbers like before..

I had the flu, I knew it was the flu, went to outpatient to get some things to help with the symptoms so I could function some, they immediately said it was covid, completely disregarding my statement that I took 2 covid tests before leaving my home, and without even testing me, covid, here's this and this.

As for delays, I'd rather it be delayed a few weeks than to launch and have MP sync problems.

I dont need my WSO having a stroke because of syncing.

I know it's crazy, but people are affected differently by these things. I got Covid over Christmas and it was really rough. At least 2 weeks down, hard to walk and breathe. My Grandparents were in a similar boat but it lasted through the month of January. My parents were also knocked on their butts until mid-Jan from Christmas. 

I get you're saying you had the flu and they said "no it's Covid" despite your tests, but that doesn't mean it doesn't still exist and it isn't still causing major issues. For the record, we were tested and it was positive.

I do 100% agree with you on the delay. 

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad"

Take the time to get it how you want. Some of us have been waiting since 2017, another month isn't going to kill us.

• Like 3

I predict it will relase before the end of May! 🤔 

i7 4770k @ 4.5, asus z-87 pro, strix GTX 980ti directcu3oc, 32gb Kingston hyperX 2133, philips 40" 4k monitor, hotas cougar\warthog, track ir 5, Oculus Rift

18 minutes ago, Pipe said:

I predict it will relase before the end of May! 🤔 

Here's hoping!

Based on what they've said, feels like they have no choice, but the issues they ran into have work-arounds that are already being implemented (Jester keybinds over relying on overlay)

7 hours ago, dcsil2pilot said:

A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad

Why woupd a rushed game be forever bad? They can just update it, the F-16 was rushed but it's not a bad module today.

• Like 3

Heatblur are a small team, illness affects things with limited resources so be patient. I want a F4B in DCS before I die....PLEASE. Anyway, anyone going to Fairford on 20 July this year, I will be wearing my tee shirt with 'Mizzy' on it ..that's me btw 🙂

• Thanks 1

On 3/19/2024 at 4:09 PM, Fromthedeep said:

Why woupd a rushed game be forever bad? They can just update it, the F-16 was rushed but it's not a bad module today.

'Just updating' doesn't mean you can leave gaps in features and come back to finish them later, it means doing them a first time, quick and dirty, just to get a product out the door, and then having to decide where the extra resources spent doing that are deducted from - the final pass for the feature affected, or the quantity or quality of other features. The F-16 underperforms in turns, overperforms in radar range and the features list is certainly shorter now than it was during preorder, especially if you just look at the features ED are saying will be available by the end of EA. One could justifiably call that bad.

Modules: [A-10C] [AJS 37] [AV8B N/A] [F-5E] [F-14] [F/A-18C] [FC3] [Ka-50] [M-2000C] [Mig-21 bis] [NTTR] [PG] [SC]

Intel i7-12700F, Nvidia GTX 3080, MSI MPG Z690 Carbon WiFi, 32GB DDR4 @ 1600 MHz, SteelSeries Apex Pro, Razer Basilisk 3

VKB Gunfighter 3 w/ F-14 grip, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle, Thrustmaster MFD Cougars x2, MFG Crosswind,

DSD Flight Series button controller, XK-24, Oculus Rift (HM-A)

On 3/20/2024 at 3:55 AM, Mizzy said:

Heatblur are a small team, illness affects things with limited resources so be patient. I want a F4B in DCS before I die....PLEASE.  🙂

Looks like we are roughly the same age and share identical wishes. I would put it a little different though. I would say, please give me a Navy Phantom (don't actually care which model) as long as I'm able to comprehend what I'm doing there with a shoe box with screens in it on my head. 

F4E will do it for now, guess I will be able to fly the pattern....  But hurry, time is ticking faster by the minute. 

• Like 1

On 3/17/2024 at 3:22 PM, SkateZilla said:

Reality says otherwise...

• Like 3